Metro Bank

CEO

Great Learning Bank

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

You receive great training to become a member of the financial world.

Cons

Terrible pay, a lot of micromanaging, out dated equipment

Bump your employees to a salary they can live on. There are very high expectations for very little compensation.

The pay is not good. Computer systems have constant issues which results in aggressive customers.

Pros

They will provide opportunities for growth if you want to work there for the rest of your life.

Cons

Tellers are treated horribly by the customers.

Good first banking job

Former Employee - Teller I  in  York, PA
    Former Employee - Teller I in York, PA

Pros

Good learning experience, good opportunites for growth.

Cons

Low pay, depending one your location you may have to stand for your whole shift.

Buy chairs

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Good Company to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Enola, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Enola, PA

Pros

Good work environment for starter

Cons

Less opportunity for hard working employee

Create more opportunity for hard working employee.

The Walmart of Banks

Pros

It's an excellent place to start and gain experience.
    They have long hours which allows those in part-time positions to work around school schedules.

Cons

The lowest pay I've seen in the banking industry.
    Poor management... They don't take criticism well. They often place unrealistic expectations on the employees because they haven't done their jobs effectively. They do not cooperate with employees facing medical problems or personal issues.

Start listening to employee suggestions and paying them an acceptable wage. Lowering turnover of the good employees could significantly improve efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.

Good Place to Start, but get out after that!

Former Employee - Teller II  in  York, PA
    Former Employee - Teller II in York, PA

Pros

Paid time off; medical benefits are good; good team atmosphere with coworkers; no sales referrals on teller side
    They encourage you to be friendly, chatty and un-machine-like when processing teller transactions
    Fraud training is superior compared to other banks

Cons

There is a disconnect between the platform and the teller side - neither communicates and platform gets upset when tellers send customer to them if they think the teller could have handled it.
    There is no incentive compensation for tellers
    Promotions are based solely on favoritism, so if you're not in a clique you can forget it
    Branch managers are rarely in the branch, so you only see the assistant manager. Some of them can be simply horrible and totally not understanding. For example, I had to call off of work one day because my infant daughter was seriously sick with a fever. I called off well in advance before my shift and spoke to the teller service manager (TSM). As a parent, she was understanding and said it was fine. The next day when I came back, the TSM pulled me aside and told me privately that the assistant manager told her to write me up for calling off. She said that she is not writing me up because she thinks the ASM is out of line but wanted to let me know to be mindful of this if I have to call off in the future. It was total BS.
    Teller uniforms are stifling and super
     hot during summer months (since the builings are 70% glass and it gets really hot in there)
    **New hires are paid much more than current employees. Pay scale is totally out of whack. I started as a new teller with no experience at 9.00/hr. 6 months later, new inexperienced tellers are hired at $9.50. A year later I was promoted to asst teller supervisor and offered $9.95. I knew a new part time teller was recently hired at that very same rate. I flat out told the upper management when they presented me with the offer and they laughed it off and said they can't do anything about the pay scale.

You don't know what goes on in your branches. Do you want to know? Do you even care?

Good training bank - that's it

Pros

Chance for quick advancement
    Great place to learn banking if new to industry

Cons

Pay is terrible
    Lots of micromanaging
    If working in store, good luck ever having a normal schedule
    Turnover rate is terrible

Pay your tellers/CSR's more. They deal with customers all day and could easily go elsewhere for WAY more pay and less ridiculous requirements/tasks.

Friendly place to work, but not completely organized company

Current Employee - Teller I  in  Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Teller I in Reading, PA

Pros

great open atmosphere, friendly co-workers, approachable supervisors, employee perks, many opportunities to move up within the company, good training

Cons

my branch is short-staffed and they haven't fixed the problem , but instead expect current employees to work longer hours and deal with busy hours with little help, hours are longer than most banks so as a part time employee at this particular branch we work every single weekend (friday, saturday, and sunday)

When there are requests or obvious needs for more employees to help a branch function it would be better for not only the employees but also the customers because the less staff we have the harder it is to serve the customers properly.

Good to be a customer, but not an employee

Former Employee - Assistant Manager/Manager  in  York, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager/Manager in York, PA

Pros

Opportunities to work at other branches. Assitant managers experience numerous job roles
    Organization was growing and branching out throughout the state

Cons

Work hours were not good. Bank is open 7 days a week
    Management was disrespectful to employees; also did not understand work constraints on employees

Treat your employees better, understand that they are human
    Appreciate employees whether they are junior level or executives

Metro Bank is for the customers not the employees

Pros

I got great experience in the banking industry, they did a great job in training.

Cons

The pay was the biggest and most important con.

Make your employees feel like they are needed and important. The turnover rate is ridiculously high and you know it but do not care.

Worked for Metro Bank? Contribute to the Community!