Metro Dentalcare

1 Rating

Dental Assistant

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Metro Dentalcare part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Vacation and time off flexibilty

Cons

In managers words, "you are replaceable."

So disorganized, mostly void of job satisfaciton

I have been working at Metro Dentalcare part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Facilities attractive, clean, hours not bad

Cons

Production is bottom line. Short patient appointments negatively impact care and any feeling of satisfaction in doing the right thing or giving patients excellent care. All about the numbers - how many people they can get in and out - and the money the company can make. Compensation and benefits continue to keep plummeting.

Get real and understand what it takes to provide adequate, much less excellent, patient care. Treat your employees like you want to keep them.

Not worth it...employee got fired through Email.

Current Employee - PSR in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - PSR in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Metro Dentalcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will meet great people at this company but it wont make you want to stay a day longer.

Cons

No clear direction or support from management. Manager was very unprofessional in appearance and management skills. No opportunity for growth and constant micro managed. Employees get fired through Email. No feedback or communication to track where improvements need to be made.

its extremely unprofessional to fire someone through Email. Hire managers with management degrees of backgrounds.

bad taste in my mouth

Current Employee - Rdh in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Rdh in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Metro Dentalcare

Pros

a job that is present and available

Cons

pay calculation is confusing and the payrate is ridiculous

The factory mill of Dentistry

Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Richfield, MN
    Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Metro Dentalcare

Pros

If you are in the process of looking for a professional job and you lack experiance. Metro Dentalcare is a good place to start. Although you may not move up the ladder it will allow you to gain experiance in the feild.

Cons

Well just as patients are treated, Metro Dentalcare is a factory. It is so huge that Doctors do not remember patients. Same for management. It is so large that you really can't expect for your opinion to be of any value. You are pretty much controlled by a investment company so not even clinic managers or doctors really have any say at all in how the practice is ran.

Too many hands in the pot. Allow your managers and doctors to have more control and more say in the operations of their clinic.

Great patients, poor company for hygienists

Current Employee - Hygienist
    Current Employee - Hygienist

I have been working at Metro Dentalcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good patient base, ours is smaller clinic and I have many loyal patients.

Cons

Poor hygiene compensation-straight production pay(no patient no pay)-no pto, no holidays, no compensation for meetings when assistants are compensated for all previously mentioned. Minimal respect for position from upper management down. Poor representation of hygiene in admin where decisions are made that directly affect us-virtually no voice. Attended a Lead Hygiene mtg where a corporate representative from AMDPI and Metro Dentalcare mentors as well as most of all of the Lead Hygienists were present-the entire hygiene group spoke out in a rare moment of collective honesty expressing how dissatisfied the hygiene group was. The root of the problem, compensation. The AMDPI rep was shocked and stated she hadn't seen such an dissatisfied group and was surprised at our comments, the MDC mentors were not as this is not a new problem. Why was this news to corporate-poor communication! What was done on behalf of all of the concerns brought up on behalf of the entire hygiene team of Metro based on this meeting? NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING- no positive outcome for the hygienists. Typical corporate health care model-feed the top while pay/benefits get cut from clinical staff that actually drives the business.

get rid of 100% compensation for hygienists-you will have a staff more willing to go the extra mile for the company. Stop creating an environment of greed, based on this model. Actually listen to your employees and speak the truth to them-you'll get more respect.

Metro Dentalcare is a terrible place to work.

Current Employee - Patient Services Representative
    Current Employee - Patient Services Representative

I have been working at Metro Dentalcare

Pros

I have worked with a few awesome people along the way, but it's not enough to persuade me to stay there a second longer.

Cons

New employees are not set up to succeed and are often thrown to the wolves. Management is more often than not incompetent and unappreciative of their employees. I've seen very questionable and dishonest practices in the way they handle the patients' accounts as well... Even going as far as "absorbing small patient credits" to "clean up accounts." I would never recommend this as a place to work for a friend.

Get a clue...