Metro Health Hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Experience

Food Service Attendant (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsDifferent opportunity to learn different task in your work department. I love the fact the my old supervisor gave me the opportunity to move around the department and learn the different job skills.

ConsHaving a demanding job trying to balance work, school and family time

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like you would want to be treated yourself

Intern

Student Intern (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThe mentors I follow are great teachers. I have a great experience every single time I go in to work. I am just an intern but they make me feel important.

ConsI feel as though I could be doing more while at work. I am in an unpaid position but at times I wish they could give me more work to keep the day moving faster.

I have never worked with smarter or harder working nurses

Staff Nurse (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsGreat opportunity for advancement despite degree/level of education. Hard work is noticed by peers and the environment of teamwork is the best I have ever encountered. The nurses of the pediatric unit are so intelligent, have great skill level, hardworking and handle the fast pace. this is definitely a place where the nurses save the docs from making mistakes often. This would be a great place for new grads to learn since Metro is an urban hospital and you get to see a little of everything! There are plenty of committees to be part of but change happens slowly if at all. The best overall is really just the nurses here period! They pay 80% of costs if you decide to go back to school.

ConsThe pediatric department is not competitive in the market so we often would get less than desirable interns which would be fine if there were better teachers. Some seniors and attending's have great relationships with nurses and interns, some never teach, are nasty when they answer pages, and generally don't know what they are doing. Management never communicates well and because of this the rumor mill is insane! too many politics involved with management. Friends hire friends and there is no recourse when there is a terrible manager in place, no one listens and backs the staff up. The unit I worked on had 4 nurse mangers in 5 years. The PICU hardly ever has patients so I feel they are under experienced and under equipped to handle a true PICU load. you will be forces to have a flu shot of be fired which always felt like a violation of my personal right to decide what I put into my body. The cafeteria stinks, little choices and not good food. Although the hospital serves the urban community and 1 in 4 medical professionals suffer from the disease of addiction, Metro has nothing in place to help. If a doctor or nurse admits he or she is an addict and they need help they are fired and reported to the board. No pay differentiation for education (ASN paid the same as BSN).

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest and open. Listen when people report issues even if these issues concern your friend. Nurses are the backbone of hospitals so support them. If there have been 4 managers in 5 years on one unit you may want to talk to the staff on that unit to find out what the problems are that are causing all the leaders to leave. SPEND YOUR MONEY IN THE RIGHT PLACES!!! I know new driveways look pretty lined with new lights, trees, and flowers but how much of that money could have been spend to take pro bono cases, build a daycare facility, ect.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great strategic direction but lack project scheduling & staffing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent staff team work. Great leadership for innovation and continuous improvement.

ConsProject scheduling and staffing is immature. Strategic decisions are made to implement innovations by a given date. From there, it is often left to line staff to figure out how to manage the projects with the existing staff resources, budget and schedule. This interferes with work/life balance and quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper level management should continue to make good strategic decisions but also follow through to manage appropriate project staffing and scheduling,

Great place to work, pay could be better

Nurse Aide (Current Employee) Wyoming, MI

ProsGreat atmosphere, brand new building, staffing is great

ConsPay not comparable to other area hospitals

Enlightening

Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsA very proactive company that strives to stay with the current trends of physical therapy.

ConsStaff can be impersonal, not much time given for documentation.

Good place to work with great down to earth knowledgeable people.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsHardworking patient centered people. Many check their egos at the door to work in a collaborative effort. The leaders that are non-contract help and are real advocates for their employees with no hidden agendas.

ConsThe contract people, yes we do need change workflow and process control but dont bring in 50 million consultants to do it. Do the leg work and assessments yourself to meet the workers and get their spin on things. It is our jobs and customers you are affecting.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease dont steal like the previous regime. And be honest to all and try not to trample those who have really worked hard for this organization.

good benefits.

Medical Transcriber (Current Employee) Wyoming, MI

Prosbenefits package, health insurance, dental insurance, and vision benefits. they have multiple locations which is nice, but its very hard to get in to a different location.

Consmanagement, no room for advancement, dishonesty, management not sharing anything - too many rumors. not much flexibility with scheduling. too many managers - the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. no accountability. people need to responsible and not pawn work off on other people and do their jobs themselves.

Advice to Senior Managementtake the little people seriously. be honest. just tell people what's going on and stop the rumor mill. take patients seriously when they make complaints. work out a better system with accepting patients rather than writing off thousands upon thousands of dollars every month.

Review of a certain hospital

ProsIt provided great benefits for me.

ConsI don't have any to list.

The days i spent in Metro hospital was so valuable to my professional life.

Staff Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsThe atmosphere about management ,doctors,subordinates were so valueble.

ConsThe attitude of some management persons are not so good.Should consider the staffs opinion too mainly malayalies.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe head incharge should be some more energic in taking aptodate classes in health and should not show discrimination in their staffs.

Worked for Metro Health Hospital? Contribute to the Community!