Metro Health Hospital Reviews

3.7
CEO

1. A nice place to work

I have been working at Metro Health Hospital full-time

Pros

it's a centrally located hospital with many satellite locations that make it super easy for patient's to gain access to Metro

Cons

The pay scale is low

Unknown future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI

I have been working at Metro Health Hospital full-time

Pros

Love my coworkers, they are great!

Cons

Too many unknowns with the merger with Community Health Systems right now; leadership is not answering staff questions well

3. customer serivce

I have been working at Metro Health Hospital full-time

Pros

great environment, co workers and building

Cons

Hard to move up or to different positions

5. It went well. I was apart of two re-pegs that changed Metro and progressed them forward into the 21st century.

Former Employee - Applications Analyst
    Former Employee - Applications Analyst

I worked at Metro Health Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are pretty solid and down to earth.

Cons

Not of lot of resources so it's easy to work harder than what is needed on the patient care side or in IT.

Advice to Management

Dr. Boutros, keep doing what you're doing, however people that want to stay with the company should be mentored and be put into positions to succeed.

6. metro health hospital

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Metro Health Hospital part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

night shift from 7:00pm to 7:00 am. hard to deal with work and life.

Cons

good environment, nice coworkers, good technological tools.

7. Great Experience

Former Employee - Food Service Attendant in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Food Service Attendant in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Metro Health Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Different opportunity to learn different task in your work department. I love the fact the my old supervisor gave me the opportunity to move around the department and learn the different job skills.

Cons

Having a demanding job trying to balance work, school and family time

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like you would want to be treated yourself

8. I have never worked with smarter or harder working nurses

Former Employee - Staff Nurse in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Staff Nurse in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Metro Health Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement despite degree/level of education. Hard work is noticed by peers and the environment of teamwork is the best I have ever encountered. The nurses of the pediatric unit are so intelligent, have great skill level, hardworking and handle the fast pace. this is definitely a place where the nurses save the docs from making mistakes often. This would be a great place for new grads to learn since Metro is an urban hospital and you get to see a little of everything! There are plenty of committees to be part of but change happens slowly if at all. The best overall is really just the nurses here period! They pay 80% of costs if you decide to go back to school.

Cons

The pediatric department is not competitive in the market so we often would get less than desirable interns which would be fine if there were better teachers. Some seniors and attending's have great relationships with nurses and interns, some never teach, are nasty when they answer pages, and generally don't know what they are doing. Management never communicates well and because of this the rumor mill is insane! too many politics involved with management. Friends hire friends and there is no recourse when there is a terrible manager in place, no one listens and backs the staff up. The unit I worked on had 4 nurse mangers in 5 years. The PICU hardly ever has patients so I feel they are under experienced and under equipped to handle a true PICU load. you will be forces to have a flu shot of be fired which always felt like a violation of my personal right to decide what I put into my body. The cafeteria stinks, little choices and not good food. Although the hospital serves the urban community and 1 in 4 medical professionals suffer from the disease of addiction, Metro has nothing in place to help. If a doctor or nurse admits he or she is an addict and they need help they are fired and reported to the board. No pay differentiation for education (ASN paid the same as BSN).

Advice to Management

Be honest and open. Listen when people report issues even if these issues concern your friend. Nurses are the backbone of hospitals so support them. If there have been 4 managers in 5 years on one unit you may want to talk to the staff on that unit to find out what the problems are that are causing all the leaders to leave. SPEND YOUR MONEY IN THE RIGHT PLACES!!! I know new driveways look pretty lined with new lights, trees, and flowers but how much of that money could have been spend to take pro bono cases, build a daycare facility, ect.

9. Great strategic direction but lack project scheduling & staffing

I worked at Metro Health Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent staff team work. Great leadership for innovation and continuous improvement.

Cons

Project scheduling and staffing is immature. Strategic decisions are made to implement innovations by a given date. From there, it is often left to line staff to figure out how to manage the projects with the existing staff resources, budget and schedule. This interferes with work/life balance and quality.

Advice to Management

Upper level management should continue to make good strategic decisions but also follow through to manage appropriate project staffing and scheduling,

10. Great place to work, pay could be better

Current Employee - Nurse Aide in Wyoming, MI
    Current Employee - Nurse Aide in Wyoming, MI

I have been working at Metro Health Hospital part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, brand new building, staffing is great

Cons

Pay not comparable to other area hospitals

11. Enlightening

Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

A very proactive company that strives to stay with the current trends of physical therapy.

Cons

Staff can be impersonal, not much time given for documentation.

RSS Feed </> Embed