Metro Medical Equipment

Metro Medical Equipment Reviews

2.8

Paul Mocur
1 Rating

Great place to work! Professional environment that fosters growth!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Metro Medical Equipment

Pros

I've grown a lot professionally since working at Metro Medical Equipment. Despite what other reviewers have said, there is a lot of room for advancement within the company. This company is always growing!

Upper management is very professional, yet they add a personal, friendly touch to the business. They are very active in the daily runnings of the business and care about their employees on a personal level.

The staff is very friendly and they are some of the hardest working people I know!

Cons

I don't know if this considered a "con", but overtime is watched very closely. Management believes employees should have a healthy work/life balance.

Keep the professional/ personal touch. It adds warmth to the business.

Would Not Recommend

I worked at Metro Medical Equipment

Pros

I gained a lot of experience with doing things on my own, communicating directly with other companies and working on various projects that were outside of my direct job responsibilities.

Cons

Little opportunity to advance, very political, poor feedback of performance, favoritism.

Be a little more respectful of the employees needs and thoughts and you'd be surprised at how much that could change morale, employee performance and overall company performance.

Unfortunate waste of potential

I worked at Metro Medical Equipment

Pros

The work keeps you busy and there is always something to do

Cons

They want to hire people as cheaply as possible and if they can get someone for less they will let people go. The management does not seem to be able to figure out how many people they need working there and the best areas to use their working resources. It has a lot of potential, but the greed and the lack of concern for the employees is unfortunately above everything else.

Communicate better with the employees you might be surprised what people are willing to do and the improvement in their performances if you show them some consideration and respect.

Hard place to like

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Livonia, MI

I worked at Metro Medical Equipment

Pros

They were good about customizing work schedules for school or family obligations.

Cons

The work environment is toxic. Majority of people are unhappy. The front office staff is all white females the majority of whom are under the age of 40. The gossip and backstabbing is horrible. Management actually participates in the gossip. The owners are rarely there and are always behind closed, locked, key-coded doors. VERY unapproachable. The owners do not empower their managers to direct their own departments. They run the place based on fear of being fired which encourages people to blame others so they wont get in trouble. My employee handbook was 30 pages of rules that all ended with "failure to comply is grounds for termination"... rules range from no food containing nuts on the premises to you are only allowed to discuss your wage with the vice president and you must initiate those talks through email or fax. The pay is all hourly and you must be clocked in before 8am so you are at your desk working by 8am. You only get paid from 8am to 5pm. If you clock in 5 mins late you are docked 15mins. Even if you work past 5pm to offset and give your full 8 hours it does not matter. You have to work 15mins overtime before you are paid any overtime. Overtime is highly discouraged and will only be rewarded after 515pm if you come in early to work it is on your own dime. The environment is not positive, they don't motivate their employees with incentives they only reprimand and criticize. I would never recommend anyone to work there and I started looking for a new job after 3 months of starting. When I started I was told how the turnover was huge, people would walk out a lunch and never come back. While I was there at least 5 people quit in less than a year. When I handed in my resignation the response was disgust, annoyance and then I was ignored. Management's behavior just confirmed my decision that this was no place I wanted to work.

Empower your Managers, they are smart people and know their department and how it runs the best. Handing out policies and procedures without knowing the job is disflating to those you should be intrusting to lead your company to success. Motivate with positive incentives not discouragements. Reward good behavior, you will see more of it. Be more open and approachable. Management should be professional and trustworthy so employees feel their ideas or problems are heard and not used against them for public entertainment.