Metro Public Adjustment Reviews

Updated March 16, 2015
21 reviews filtered by
3.2
CEO

1. One of the newest members. Trained out of Edison, New Jersey.

Current Contractor - Claims Representative in Wallington, NJ
    Current Contractor - Claims Representative in Wallington, NJ

I have been working at Metro Public Adjustment as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Metro Public Adjustment Inc is the largest public adjusting firm in the USA. Their regional managers provide great weekly training sessions, corporate has a weekly conference call for all members to listen to (training). There is no limit as to how much you make working for the company. It all depends on how much work and time you put into it. You work on your own schedule and you are what you make it. You are an independent contractor.

Cons

Sometimes it take insurance companies longer to settle a claim than you anticipate.. This is due to the insurance company and not Metro. Metro works to try and complete the claim process as fast as possible. Homeowners are not always friendly. In today's society they find it hard to believe that you are actually there to help them make sure they understand their policy and make sure insurance pays them fairly. Many times on a (drive by) appointment chance you will get rejected as homeowners fear getting scammed. You should practice communication skills to help you speak with homeowners. You only get paid by claim.

Hire more adjusters to speed of the claim process.

2. I liked dealing with people on the phone and in person too.

Former Employee - Training Adjuster in Penn, PA
    Former Employee - Training Adjuster in Penn, PA

I worked at Metro Public Adjustment part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work there was I picked my own schedule

Cons

Traveling to far and sometimes too many overnight jobs

treat people like you want to be treated

No help getting claims for those with a non supportive warm market

I have been working at Metro Public Adjustment

Pros

Great training and supportive to get your Public Adjusters license, friendly people to work with

Cons

If you don't have a supportive warm market to get claims, you will never get claims because the corporate office distributes leads only to people that work out of the Corporate office.

Share corporate leads to get Training reps to Claims Rep so they can get claims from the referrals from the training claims.

Typical MLM Scam

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Metro Public Adjustment as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Like all Multilevel Marketing schemes they offer a "pie in the sky" amount of income that can only be achieved through some distorted view of reality. Your income is contingent on how many people you can recruit and how many claims you can write. While they give you tons of study material for a state licence most of the material the give is outdated or inconsistent with state laws. They have "perks" for the in group and offer breadcrumbs for everyone else. You literally have to buy yourself in their system

Cons

I am amazed that this company is still in business because of their negative reputation with the BBB, (they actually had a C- one at one point) tons of complaints from websites, former clients, and employees. They made the news a couple years ago and not in a good way. In a nutshell this company is the insurance version of Amway and you are a middle man for Metro. In addition, you have to spend a bunch of money (~$100-$600) to go their conventions for the higher ups to lecture you for 1-4 hours and they don't reimburse you for travel expenses most of the time the conventions are out of state.

6. Speed of service is expected to be faster

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor Agreement in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Contractor - Independent Contractor Agreement in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Well established & Great service. The company offers team building opportunity to it's workers who are given Independent Contractor Agreements. The compensation is considered fair and depend on production.

Cons

There is no remarkable negative at this time.

hire more field Adjusters to speed up services

7. Work and be rewarded

Current Employee - Senior Claims Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Claims Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Metro Public Adjustment full-time (more than a year)

Pros

We are open and honest with our candidates. This is not a get rich quick scheme. It requires commitment and drive that many folks appear to be lacking today.. Your business growth is entirely up to you, with management support all the way. The only company I know of that promotes purely on performance, what a concept. The service we provide to our clients is excellent

Cons

Requires dedication (oops, that is the American work ethic, not a con)
    You have to study and get a state license ( Oops..that gives you credibility...again, not a con)

Continue to move forward, We are Number One for a reason.

8. It is a great training program for low cost, they are up front about everything.

Current Employee - Adjuster Trainee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Adjuster Trainee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Metro Public Adjustment part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Training, compensation is good if you work hard, not a con or a scam and the only people that think that are those that are lazy and won't do the work.

Cons

There are employees that recruit from out of state which makes it really difficult. Make sure your recruiter is from the state you are in.

Please only allow recruiting within the state in which the recruiter lives and works in on a regular basis.

9. Enjoy what I do

Current Employee - Regional Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at Metro Public Adjustment part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people get a fair settlement from the insurance company!! Helping home owners and business owners

Cons

You have to work to make money it does not land in your lap. Not a con just a comment

Compensation plan is great

A Very Clear Compensation Plan and Path to Success

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Metro Public Adjustment full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Freedom of Time.
    Cash advance program per claim
    Clear Commission plan.
    Monthly Production Bonus
    Weekly Training Classes

Cons

Quality of other adjusters in the company

Backoffice functions and staff could use some leadership and improvement

11. Great Training program that is ongoing, doesn't cost too much here in NC.

I have been working at Metro Public Adjustment

Pros

Great people to work with, can learn in person or online, bonus programs all the time it seems, can make money even if you don't sign a claim, make more money when you do sign a claim, as far as cost goes you don't pay one lump sum, there are just several things involved with getting a state license that you have to pay. Take time off when ever you want. Work at your own pace.

Cons

You have to do the work if you want to get paid, you don't get paid just to show up, you only get promoted if you do the work, you create your own leads with the help and guidance of trainer. Oh wait, those are pros. Lets see cons, the main office can be a bit slow in times.

In my opinion management needs to be a little quicker. Maybe some additional training.