Metro Systems (VA) Reviews

Dave Steinbraker

1. Excellent assignments

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Metro Systems (VA) as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

MSI does a great job of maintaining a relationship with the companies you will be contracting for. In my experience so far it seems like the companies react to that quality of relationship by treating the contractors quite well. I have had two assignments from MSI and both companies I worked for were excellent and treated the contractors with respect.

Cons

Unless you have very highly marketable skills you might find yourself with a longer period of time between assignments. That is understandable considering the fact that MSI takes great care to place the best possible candidates in each assignment. You might even find situations where you are competing against other MSI contractors for the same slot and only the best fit will win the job.

Advice to Management

I can hope that more companies observe the quality of your placements and your business grows. Keep up the good work.

2. If you're a contractor be ready to fight tooth and nail for a raise

Current Employee - IT Professional in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Metro Systems (VA) (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good turn around. Interview to the hiring process is fairly fast. They have good connections with their clients. The client list is very decent. Some of the companies are excellent to work for by fortune magazine. That's why I'm still with this company.

Cons

If you're a contractor be ready to fight tooth and nail to get a bump in your wage. They will try to keep every single penny from their consultants. You have almost zero benefits. The company benefits are not extended to the contractors. 401k is laughable at best. You end up paying every single thing for yourself on top of mediocre wage.

Advice to Management

Have better benefit structure for the contractors. If you don't want to give them an adequate wage, please give them some decent benefits.

3. Bad company

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Arlington, VA

I worked at Metro Systems (VA)

Pros

N/A N/A N/A NOTHING GOOD

Cons

Everything is bad, rotten to the core

5. Pretty good Contractor

Former Contractor - Data Center Tech
    Former Contractor - Data Center Tech

I worked at Metro Systems (VA) as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Quick Hiring process, helpful staff that actually kept in touch with me through my time as a contractor.

Cons

only minor problem was when my contract for the company expired they made a mistake and forgot to tell me. Other than that no problems

6. If you work hard you will be rewarded!

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Metro Systems (VA) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a company that provides great potential for those that are eager and willing to learn. For those that put in the time and follow the company process the earnings come quick. As a recruiter you can double your income in one year and be promoted to Account Manager. Within two years as an Account Manager the sky's the limit in regards to the income you can generate. MSI likes to promote from within, so if it is a career with plenty of opportunity for advancement then this is the place for you.

Cons

If you are looking for a standard 9-5 job and not interested in going the extra mile then this will not be a good fit.

Fun Environment with Great Potential for Growth and Earnings

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Metro Systems (VA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

on-site training, potential for advancement, earnings potential, collegial atmosphere

Cons

Earning potential is directly related to personal level of commitment towards accomplishing hard, yet rewarding, work

Bad environment, leadership, and earnings

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Metro Systems (VA) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy to make short-term "friends"

Cons

The office is run by a CEO, VP, and a few Account Managers. The Account Managers (in their early 20s) are assigned recruiters on their team (also early 20s). The amount of respect for recruiters is not there. All I heard sitting at my desk were the Account Managers yelling across the room to scream about something that needed to be worked on.

If you're looking for something for more growth and opportunity - stay away! If you don't want to be stuck in the sales world or recruiting world for the rest of your life, this isn't for you. There are many, many staffing firms out there that do way better than Metro Systems - and many recruiters out there trying to hunt for the same position. The reason that there are so many recruiters out there is because companies like to lure in fresh-out-of-college grads into their environment, ways, and "mold" them to work long hours/not much pay. When you get a couple placements, you won't see that much commission - it's all BS! It is broken down into tiers - and you get a small percentage of the hours of work you put in to fill a position.

The Managers make you feel bad if you don't stay late and work on a "hot job" until 7:30 p.m. while they order you cheap pizza. They also emphasize working on weekends at home to collect resumes/screen resumes to be prepared for the next day - talk about no work-life balance!

Benefits - you pay a lot out of pocket.

Hidden Contingency , wait for other vendors to call for the same position

Former Contractor - Business Analyst
    Former Contractor - Business Analyst

I worked at Metro Systems (VA) as a contractor

Pros

Very Professionally place the candidates with their cleints
    Very tactically play games

Cons

Hidden One yr contingency which do not permit to go as a contractor as well on Full time.

Advice to Management

You guys have played games due to the contingency issues.First of all your client do not know to stay on the word they promise and on top of it your contingency making us loose all the opportunities.

10. Great Company - Room to Grow!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Metro Systems (VA) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company with lots of opportunity. Your hard work matters and the monetary value makes it totally worth it. Upper management will be there to support, guide and acknowledge the effort you’re putting forth. This company will allow you to grow rapidly as a young professional! The culture is the added bonus for sure- great people, team motivation, fast paced, energetic, and overall work hard play hard environment.

Cons

If you don’t have the go getter attitude and the ability to take direction by being coachable probably not the best place for you. You have to have the will and want to succeed as well as be determined to do so!

11. Limitless Potential

I have been working at Metro Systems (VA) full-time

Pros

A proven and established company that continues to grow. There is a lot of opportunity within this organization. Great, face-paced work environment with a highly motivated team.

Cons

This is a culture built on hard work. Not a good environment for someone who wants to go through the motions and collect a paycheck...you won't last long.

Metro Systems (VA) Photos