Metro Transit St. Louis

Add Photos

Larry Salci

Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe hours are flexible, the people are fun, and it's a worthy cause. Public transportation is something everyone should be behind.

ConsNot really able to advance within the company right now. Hopefully this will change once the economy picks up some more.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are other positions besides bus drivers/light rail vehicale operators/maintenance people that are mission critical. You should consider hiring more people.

Not A Bad Place To Work, But Needs A Change To Remain Descent.

Electromechanic (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsFlexible Hours (for the most part), Good Front line Supervisors, Overtime, Never Get Bored With The Same Job Task. Nice Co-workers. On The Job Training.

ConsVery Poor Parts Management. 24/7/365 day job. Going on 3 years without a raise. 5 years without a union contract. Top Heavy Management. Always Short handed. Poor Engineering.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo Start, Work with the Union to get a Union Contract. Bring Wages to A Satisfied Level to Prevent Loss of Higher Skilled Workers. Overhaul the Parts Department To Actually Stock Parts in Orderly Fashion(not 3 weeks after we need the part).

Not keeping pace with minimum wage

Gateway Arch (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsFlexible about time off. upward mobility if you can get out of the arch. Indoor climinate controlled environment to work in.

ConsRaises are basically non existant. Unless you can transfer your skills to another department with in the agency you are stuck at a dead end at the gateway arch.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just give us lip service. Put your money where your mouth is when you say we are doing a good job. Also it's kind of insincere that virtually no one who is above the the minimum wage level takes transit to work. I highly doubt the CEO from chesterfield is taking the bus to the metrolink to get to work every day.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I'm outta here!

Consultant (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsEmployer-paid transit benefit, pension vested at 5 years, good 401K program, free flu shots and health screenings, work-out room, good location downtown on Lacledes Landing

ConsTerrible communication lines, not much room for movement upward, shabby work environment, out of touch with customer needs

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to give feedback on a more regular basis, recognize positives and achievement

One in which I learned alot and met some very good people.

Rail Manager/Controller (Former Employee)

ProsUpper management sees you as a person not a number. The people, especially my co-workers, were very kind and good to me

ConsMetro/Bi-State is very conservative like the rest of Missouri. It needs to work on accepting all people, ages, sizes, races and orientations as equal.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoving people laterally can help with boredom from being on the same job for 15 yrs. Just saying some old heads would have enjoyed new duties.

Worked for Metro Transit St. Louis? Contribute to the Community!