MetroWest Medical Center

2.6

CEO

Very Rewarding

I have been working at MetroWest Medical Center

Pros

Wonderful work environment friendly and helpful co workers

Cons

I cannot think of anything.

Good people to work with but the unorganized management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

I worked at MetroWest Medical Center

Pros

I really enjoyed working with my co-workers; didn't need benefits as I was covered by my husband's insurance.

Cons

Pay could be better for the location (outside of Boston); many of the other hospital around the area offer better pay and better working conditions (this is from others who held two more more jobs at different hospitals). During my years there, there was a turnover in management just about every year -- new people come in and don't know about the various jobs or policies.

Have HR work closely with newly-hired management to ensure the employees already there don't suffer because the new supervisor/director/manager does not know what to do. Annual reviews should be done annually -- not two months later, especially after having to remind management several times that it has to be done. Also, there was a delay in getting my last paycheck, and a check for my unused vacation days because HR did not get the necessary paperwork from my supervisor that I had resigned.

They don't give raises to their nurses. This isn't a joke.

Current Employee - Nurse in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Nurse in Framingham, MA

I have been working at MetroWest Medical Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

They don't give yearly raises. I would like to repeat this. They don't give yearly raises. You can easily go 2 years with out a raise and then one day you have a little extra in your paycheck.

Secretary

I have been working at MetroWest Medical Center

Pros

Good coworkers and some mid level managers are supportive but they usually get laid off

Cons

Miserable work environment. Employees look like they are so unhappy. No smiles anywhere. Very depressing everywhere

Show some appreciation to your employees. Pathetic environment.

Poor leadership

I have been working at MetroWest Medical Center

Pros

Great nurses for the most part. Good electronic documentation.

Cons

Leadership cares only about one thing, covering the shifts. They have no compassion for personal needs. Examples: denied a long time nurse her 60th bday off. Scheduled someone to work on their graduation day, after many requests for it off. Director rarely steps on the floor, let alone greet staff. Emails to management go days even weeks with no response. Communication in general feels like a one way street with management. It's their way or " we encourage you to look for other opportunities." Supervisors refuse to cover breaks. Overall sense of not caring for staff. Assignments are made based on numbers not acuity, so if you have an aide, you get all the high acuity patients! Poor leadership sums it up.

Greet your staff everyday. Be available for communication, not just when the employee has a problem. Change the way assignments are made, divide by acuity not whether or not you have an aide. Be available to cover breaks.

:-(

I have been working at MetroWest Medical Center (more than 10 years)

Pros

co-workers are awesome. great team! have to be because of short staffing.....

Cons

top heavy with management...... laid off staff...... promoted management :-(

hire back the clinical staff..... remove most of the middle management..... they are not productive... patients suffer with short staff!! working the staff ragged.... does not make for safe practice.

great nurses fourteen years ago

I worked at MetroWest Medical Center

Pros

best nurse coworkers ever fourteen years ago

Cons

unable to validly assess as I worked there 14 years ago

Homecare Nursing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I have been working at MetroWest Medical Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The patients are all that matter! A lot of hard-working nurses that deserve credit for all their hard work. When its busy its busy but when its slow...its slow.

Cons

Ethical issues, poor mgmt., no 401k match, unable to voice self, rapid turnover rate, poor orientation

take mgmt. courses, learn a type of mgmt.style, don't talk condescending to others

Hit or Miss

Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Natick, MA

I have been working at MetroWest Medical Center part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Scheduling. Challenging. Rewarding. Interacting with people from all walks of life has been great. I also have gotten valuable experience working with people who have a wide array of disorders.

Cons

Often tedious and repetitive. Some nurses seem entitled and/or oblivious to their personal biases. This often seems unethical and leads to uncomfortable situations.

Offer more cultural competency. Offer benefits to all staff. Offer regular supervision for all employees.

Terrific collegues, proud to work here

Current Employee - Social Worker in Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Social Worker in Natick, MA

I have been working at MetroWest Medical Center

Pros

Caring staff, terrific collegues, supportive of a balance of personal and professional life, care about the people they serve and delivery good care.

Cons

Salary and advancement opportunities do not appear to be so terrific.

MetroWest Medical Center Photos