Metropolitan Family Services

Add Photos

Richard L Jones PHD

Committed to the Community

Case Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey are very obligated to their clients, Clients satisfaction is first priority.

ConsThis particular office doesn't have a high african american employee rate.

The agency is great, the job and it's expectations are unrealistic.

SASS Therapist (Current Employee) Blue Island, IL

ProsThe team, the administration, the benefits.

ConsProductivity requirements, excess community travel

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to value and increase morale besides productivity based.

Great started job

Coordinator (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI loved working here. The mission is great and they really help the community. They take a chance on fresh college grads. Benefits are ok. Building looks really good for a not for profit.

ConsOFice culture is snobby. Be very careful about who you talk to. Management needs improvement. They say there is opportunity for growth but it also has a lot to do with who is willing to help. They don't always pick the best for a promotion.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The good, the bad, and the so-so....

Case Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible schedule, good benefits, management is open to hear new ideas, HR hires overqualified staff for open positions, work/life balance is possible, and plenty of help from social workers if you have "problems." What is also great is that they practice self-care a lot, so there are a lot of activites for doing exercise and playing games!

ConsPromotions are hard to come by and it will only happen once every two years. Sad thing is, even if you advnace your career and its not in social work, they diregard your effort to stay in school (if you made the decision to do so) and try to advance in the company. Hard to advance to higher paying positions and tough culture to be around.

Different

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsDedicated employees, great service to clients, good facilities, creative alternative funding streams, highly intelligent upper management.

ConsNon-acceptance of personal fault, inability to evolve in certain aspects of business, favortism, unprofessional nature of some supervisors, outdated approach by site level managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPass along business evolution from the general office to the site level managers, closely monitor the true reasons for turn-over, reign in the attitudes of old timers.

Review

Case Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsStaff members are committed to their jobs and serving families and individuals in need of services.

Cons. Rarely had time to take lunch break due to demands of the job. Budget difficulites/cuts were a constant issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevote more time to finding alternative funding sources so that employees are not constantly worried about being laid off.

Good services to client's, poor direct employment acknowledgement.

Case Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOutstanding programs and services for the family. Good benefit and salaries.

ConsOne of the downsides was the office cliches.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the Benefit of the doubt to each employee before making any decision. Specially promotions decisions. Most of the time supervisors want to promote their
    'favorite employee" instead of the one with more experience.

Inmates are running the assylum!

Therapist (Current Employee) Blue Island, IL

ProsThis company offers decent benefits.

ConsAbsolutely horrid, hostile work environment!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease - for the sake of employees AND clients - address the obvious problem!

Worked for Metropolitan Family Services? Contribute to the Community!