Metropolitan Methodist Hospital

1. Good place to work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Metropolitan Methodist Hospital

Pros

Coworkers are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

Inadequate staffing. And sometimes difficult to get approved days off.

Advice to Management

Need to do a better job of staffing he units.

2. I really enjoyed working there, at the time I was there everyone was very nice. Doctors were very nice, lots of work.

Former Employee - Cardiac Cath Lab Tech in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Cardiac Cath Lab Tech in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Metropolitan Methodist Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I had a employer that was very understanding

Cons

Management has become very by the book and they do not consider that if they had made a excidental mistake involving HIPPA, I am sure that THEY would still be employed.

3. Do not recommend this facility as an employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Metropolitan Methodist Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff are devoted to patient care

Cons

Management does not provide shared governance; Upper management utilizes management by intimidation, unsafe nurse to patient ratios

Advice to Management

Allow staff to become more involved in decision making processes

5. Not what I thought it would be

Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Metropolitan Methodist Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were many nice people working there. Many of the patients were nice even though they were sick. I learned a lot.The pay was good. I had some pretty good insurance and some sick pay and vacation pay. We all got a few free meals and gifts from the company. I definiately got a lot of exercise working there. I liked working with the patients.

Cons

I was told during the interview "People leave here when they move too far away." I met some nurses who had worked there for over 20 years. They were the exception. There was a lot of turn over and a lot of temporaries while I was there. All of the physical therapists and occupational therapists had been there less than a year when I started. Most of the therapists in both rehab and therapy services were PRN or temporaries. We never had a full staff of therapists the whole 2 years I worked there. We were often short 3 full time positions.Other departments were also short so we had trouble finding supplies and equipment we needed to do our work. We often had trouble finding anyone to help us when a patient was heavy and weak and we needed the patient to move. The director of rehab insisted that we never tell anyone we were short handed because then someone or several people would come yelling at her. She was very swamped and did not have time to calm down these people. Most of the PC's I could use to do my documentation on were under A/C vents that were not kept clean enough. I would start coughing and my nose would start running when I sat under them. This also makes it hard the work efficiently. I was not the only one having this prolbem. I tried to get them cleaned more often but I was told "We do clean them."

Advice to Management

Everyone who comes in the building would benefit from cleaner A/C ducts and vents. There would be less itching and running noses and coughing by patients, staff, doctors, visitors, and venders. There needs to be enough staff all the time to keep everything stocked and clean and get to the patients promptly when they need help. The patients would get better care that way and everyone would be happier. Conditions need to improve enough that enough people are willing to work there.

RSS Feed </> Embed