Metropolitan Regional Information Systems

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

David Charron

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsMRIS is an employer that makes sure its employees are recognized and happy with their work. The people working there were some of the friendliest I have every encountered in a workplace. The benefits were excellent and I really enjoyed my time there.

ConsThere are way too many meetings at MRIS. These meetings make it very difficult to have the time to get your job done during regular work hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to limit the amount of meetings for the staff so that they can get their work done. Don't expect staff to meet unrealistic deadlines when there are only so many hours in the day.

Great company to work for

Education Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsThe staff is very down to earth and easy to get along with and the company overall is great to work for. Benefits are great as well.

ConsSince it is a small company and we are in the real estate industry, there can be times when there is not opportunity for growth for some, but if you work hard enough, there may still be a chance of growth as a positions can always be created.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhenever any new products are added for our clients to start using, it is good to have the entire staff be able to not only get to use those new products but have some sort of training on those products before it is presented to our clients.

Early Recognition for Great Work

ProsMRIS, Inc. is a great place to work for small to medium size organizations. I have worked at much larger companies (5,000 + employees) and MRIS, provides the benefits, open communication and opportunities that can be found at those. What is key is professional development. While many of the departments and management level jobs are fully staffed, leadership pushes their employees from staff to VP to development themeselves through trainings, certifications, joining associations, etc. There is lots of leverage to not only do what your specific job requires but to also branch out and take on additional responsibilites and learn other avenues within your discipline.

They offer great benefits in terms of health and wellness and their recognition and bonus programs are on par if not in some cases execeeding those of larger organizations. Even newly hired employees receive sizable bonuses and recognition awards.

ConsBeing a small company with great benefits, job advancement is limited because many of those in the Director or higher level positions are not leaving. While the organization is moving toward telecommuting and telework, management is slow to release the reigns and feel confident that the work will still get done when the employee is not on site.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that our management and leadership team here is actually doing a great job. There are many programs that have and are being introduced to our external clients and employees that will advance our business and our employee/employer impact. Great job!

Worked for Metropolitan Regional Information Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Metropolitan Regional Information Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Metropolitan Regional Information Systems CEO David Charron. All reviews posted anonymously by Metropolitan Regional Information Systems employees.