Metropolitan Regional Information Systems

David Charron

positive

Current Employee - Architect
    Current Employee - Architect

I have been working at Metropolitan Regional Information Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

very dynamic. Values technical skill set and allows diverse experience

Cons

communication needs to be more effective

I was a customer service coordinator and I took incoming calls from realtors, brokers, and appraisers.

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Rockville, MD

I worked at Metropolitan Regional Information Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing about working at MRIS is that the call center closes at 6:30pm so you have time to be with your family at night. The calls are pretty simple, so you don't have to go crazy trying to figure out how to solve your customer issues. There are some of those customers that you can not satisfied but they are far and in between.

Cons

The challenges of working at MRIS is that they are cliques. You sometimes feel that you are in high school and you are trying to get in the in crowd and the upper management feels like the mean girls.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Metropolitan Regional Information Systems

Pros

MRIS is an employer that makes sure its employees are recognized and happy with their work. The people working there were some of the friendliest I have every encountered in a workplace. The benefits were excellent and I really enjoyed my time there.

Cons

There are way too many meetings at MRIS. These meetings make it very difficult to have the time to get your job done during regular work hours.

Try to limit the amount of meetings for the staff so that they can get their work done. Don't expect staff to meet unrealistic deadlines when there are only so many hours in the day.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Education Coordinator in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Education Coordinator in Rockville, MD

I worked at Metropolitan Regional Information Systems

Pros

The staff is very down to earth and easy to get along with and the company overall is great to work for. Benefits are great as well.

Cons

Since it is a small company and we are in the real estate industry, there can be times when there is not opportunity for growth for some, but if you work hard enough, there may still be a chance of growth as a positions can always be created.

Whenever any new products are added for our clients to start using, it is good to have the entire staff be able to not only get to use those new products but have some sort of training on those products before it is presented to our clients.

Early Recognition for Great Work

I have been working at Metropolitan Regional Information Systems

Pros

MRIS, Inc. is a great place to work for small to medium size organizations. I have worked at much larger companies (5,000 + employees) and MRIS, provides the benefits, open communication and opportunities that can be found at those. What is key is professional development. While many of the departments and management level jobs are fully staffed, leadership pushes their employees from staff to VP to development themeselves through trainings, certifications, joining associations, etc. There is lots of leverage to not only do what your specific job requires but to also branch out and take on additional responsibilites and learn other avenues within your discipline.

They offer great benefits in terms of health and wellness and their recognition and bonus programs are on par if not in some cases execeeding those of larger organizations. Even newly hired employees receive sizable bonuses and recognition awards.

Cons

Being a small company with great benefits, job advancement is limited because many of those in the Director or higher level positions are not leaving. While the organization is moving toward telecommuting and telework, management is slow to release the reigns and feel confident that the work will still get done when the employee is not on site.

I think that our management and leadership team here is actually doing a great job. There are many programs that have and are being introduced to our external clients and employees that will advance our business and our employee/employer impact. Great job!