Metso

Metso Reviews

Updated Jan 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Metso President and CEO, Metso Corp; President and CEO, Metso Group Matti Kähkönen

Matti Kähkönen

Knowledge and Focus in the Electronic World of Document Control/Record Information Management

Document Management Coordinator (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsLearning data management skills and more about the electronic side of reviewing documents. The document control personell are very knowledgeable and willing to share that knowledge with new employees.

ConsNeed to practice more working as a team and help each other no matter what department you work for. When rules and procedures are written and approved, that all employees follow them. Too many people in the Charlotte office enter documents into ProArc. Entering documents into the different data bases should be the responsibility of document control.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved with what your employers are actually doing. Have more departmental meetings and discuss what needs to be discussed.

Engineer

Engineer (Former Employee) Worcester, MA

ProsNot much pressure to get projects completed, therefore it is low stress.

ConsSalary low for area. Morale low. Very little advancement oportunity. Company resistant to improvement changed necessary to become competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange needs to happen to be competitive.

B2B sales, engineering, product development

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge company, ok benefits, great colleagues

ConsNon-attractive market, people are let go

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent opportunities to challenge oneself, great people, poor top management.

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Jyväskylä (Finland)

ProsThe co-workers I was given the opportunity to work with were wonderful, skilled and carried with them a vast amount of experience and knowledge. I was allowed a great deal of operational freedom to solve the challenges I was presented with. The support network and up to middle management encouragement of new employees was excellent.

ConsCommunication and getting anything done expediently across processes is a nightmare. Compensation is not up to par and sustainable career opportunities are lacking.. Would-be interns and thesis workers, especially those in applied sciences bachelor's degree programs, should consider very carefully whether their time and effort is worth the non-existent returns Metso currently offers in terms of financial compensation and career opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't create quality, lean6s or customer value with absurdly nose heavy organizations, excel spreadsheets, lofty powerpoints and grandiose brand management operations with flashy sales brochures. Enabling, not hindering employees ability to create value might help too. Also, for interns and thesis workers their results, demands and scope of their jobs, experience, hard work and so on should count for at least something compared to what degree program they are in...with the current system those factors are completely meaningless. If you can't offer a future with the company, at least make an attempt at financially rewarding good work and good results instead of only blindly valuing some degrees as something worth rewarding regardless of achievements.

Great colleagues but poor benefits and foresight

R&D Engineer (Former Employee) Jyväskylä (Finland)

ProsThe workplace atmosphere was outstanding up until middle management. It was a pleasure to go to work and get new challenges and responsibilities daily. Also the support network for new employees was very good and the organization-structure low.

ConsCompensation is not up to par with the industry and it won't be unless changing jobs or threatening to leave. But even worse is the short-sightedness of upper management. What seems now to have become annual layoffs are affecting the work morale of the workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust in your capable workforce, and convince stakeholders that with the know-hon you have at the company it is possible to lift Metso from the swamp it is in. At least it's easier when you're not letting the people you trained be hired by your competition.

Metso as a employer

Deputy Manager, Procurement (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsEmployee freindly, Give freedom to work , Good Work Culture, Truly global organization as people from many country working towards making Metdo as No one.

ConsVery complex organizational Structure, Organization is so big that you never say you are well versed.

Great Experience to work here.

Applications Analyst (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsPolicies, Transparency, Organize & structured working, Ethics, Equality, Openness, so many good point about metso.

Consno downside, very growing organization.

Good but not appreciated

Sales Engineer (Former Employee) Ahmedabad (India)

ProsYou get freedom to do the job the way you want and also the colleagues are very helpful. Also the atmosphere is chilled out.

ConsYour efforts are not recognised effectively and at times you go unnoticed. The company does not value good talent and the payment is way low.

Advice to Senior Managementhave competitive salary

Enjoyable,earnable but to break blod relations and meet new relations.

Installation Engineer (Current Employee) Palakkad district (India)

Prosfreedom at work,great respect in the society.freindly colleagues

Conshave to be far from family,relations,roam around India at present may be around world in few months.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has to recognise the work we do in the sites and improve the benifits to encourage the employees.

Expect always positive results

AMC Site Engineer (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsBest reason working in this company is the kind of help we get from our seniors whether in terms of technical problems, customer related problems or due to any financial they are always available to help you out.

ConsTill today i am not able to find out the downside of the METSO and still hope it will continue in future.

Advice to Senior ManagementStill good in every field but need to concentrate while providing laptops to site engineers

Worked for Metso? Contribute to the Community!