Meyer Corporation U.S.

Add Photos

Stanley K. S. Cheng

Excellent Employer in Solano Country

Operations (Current Employee) Fairfield, CA

ProsExcellent training opportunities and career advancement opportunities. Great management team; flexible work life balance and terrific benefits. No employer has a better 401K plan and match. Great group of people to work with and always striving to make things better, more efficient and more productive. Company very good about reacting to market conditions.

ConsNothing negative. Great employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to drive business and provide communications on how we are doing to employees.

Supportive environment but need structure

Planning Manager (Current Employee) Fairfield, CA

ProsExecutive support and friendly working environment

ConsLack of logical procedure and structure. Career path isn't clear

Advice to Senior ManagementLess outting off fire and more on strategic planning

Revolving door of temps creates poor accountability

Ebusiness Department (Former Employee) Vallejo, CA

ProsKind coworkers who genuinely want to do a good job. Respectable product line. Good discounts.

ConsI had a terrible experience working here. On at least two occasions I was blamed for the mistakes of others even though I had proof that they were not my own. On a few occasions I tried going the extra mile to do a good job and got my hand slapped instead. Management was rude and inconsistent. There were a lot of temps around; they were treated as disposable, no matter how hard or well they worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company isn't big enough to warrant some of the sweeping policies that are expected to be heeded with no exceptions allowed; don't be corporate just for the sake of it. Reward good work instead of punishing those who go the extra mile. Stop relying on temps to do high-level work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You dont want to work here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fairfield, CA

ProsBenifits are good. Pay is ok.

ConsUnless you are one of the managers favorites, you wont get promoted even if you are completely compotent. Almost like being in High School with all of the clicks. No windows at all in the office so it is like being in jail. They will work you like a dog and when someone leaves in your department they dont backfill the position leaving more work for you. Come review time dont get your hopes up for a nice raise cause you wont get one. No incentives to perform. Some people who work there are actually working hard and giving Meyer 100% but there are way too many who aren't.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote those that are compotent instead of the most popular ones. Someone needs to take a good look at the moral of the employees and do something about it. Also take a very close look at those getting promoted. They arent setting a good example. If you have rules like a dress code you need to inforce them with everyone. There seems to be several "golden children" who can do no wrong and get away with things that most of us would never even think of doing. This give those of us who work our butts off a bad taste in our mouth. It also makes Management look stupid and incompotent.

Good working conditions and friendly staff

Marketing (Former Employee)

ProsTeam work and good support from fellow workers

ConsYour only good for the moment. The need for comprehensive staff training for, not just management and competitive salaries

Worked for Meyer Corporation U.S.? Contribute to the Community!