Meyer Corporation U.S.

Updated October 20, 2014
Updated October 20, 2014
3.3

Stanley K. S. Cheng

Great people and work ethic

Former Employee - Consumer Brand Management
    Former Employee - Consumer Brand Management

I worked at Meyer Corporation U.S. as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

welcoming environment, very friendly people who are willing to help you any step of the way, great discounts on cookware/tableware, often there are work outings, everyone works so hard at what they do and they do so beautifully

Cons

No windows in most departments, can't see to much room for growth in the company

Excellent Employer in Solano Country

Current Employee - Operations in Fairfield, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Fairfield, CA

I have been working at Meyer Corporation U.S. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent training opportunities and career advancement opportunities. Great management team; flexible work life balance and terrific benefits. No employer has a better 401K plan and match. Great group of people to work with and always striving to make things better, more efficient and more productive. Company very good about reacting to market conditions.

Cons

Nothing negative. Great employer.

Continue to drive business and provide communications on how we are doing to employees.

Supportive environment but need structure

Current Employee - Planning Manager in Fairfield, CA
    Current Employee - Planning Manager in Fairfield, CA

I have been working at Meyer Corporation U.S. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Executive support and friendly working environment

Cons

Lack of logical procedure and structure. Career path isn't clear

Less outting off fire and more on strategic planning

Revolving door of temps creates poor accountability

Former Employee - Ebusiness Department in Vallejo, CA
    Former Employee - Ebusiness Department in Vallejo, CA

I worked at Meyer Corporation U.S. as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Kind coworkers who genuinely want to do a good job. Respectable product line. Good discounts.

Cons

I had a terrible experience working here. On at least two occasions I was blamed for the mistakes of others even though I had proof that they were not my own. On a few occasions I tried going the extra mile to do a good job and got my hand slapped instead. Management was rude and inconsistent. There were a lot of temps around; they were treated as disposable, no matter how hard or well they worked.

The company isn't big enough to warrant some of the sweeping policies that are expected to be heeded with no exceptions allowed; don't be corporate just for the sake of it. Reward good work instead of punishing those who go the extra mile. Stop relying on temps to do high-level work.

You dont want to work here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

I worked at Meyer Corporation U.S.

Pros

Benifits are good. Pay is ok.

Cons

Unless you are one of the managers favorites, you wont get promoted even if you are completely compotent. Almost like being in High School with all of the clicks. No windows at all in the office so it is like being in jail. They will work you like a dog and when someone leaves in your department they dont backfill the position leaving more work for you. Come review time dont get your hopes up for a nice raise cause you wont get one. No incentives to perform. Some people who work there are actually working hard and giving Meyer 100% but there are way too many who aren't.

Promote those that are compotent instead of the most popular ones. Someone needs to take a good look at the moral of the employees and do something about it. Also take a very close look at those getting promoted. They arent setting a good example. If you have rules like a dress code you need to inforce them with everyone. There seems to be several "golden children" who can do no wrong and get away with things that most of us would never even think of doing. This give those of us who work our butts off a bad taste in our mouth. It also makes Management look stupid and incompotent.

Good working conditions and friendly staff

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Meyer Corporation U.S.

Pros

Team work and good support from fellow workers

Cons

Your only good for the moment. The need for comprehensive staff training for, not just management and competitive salaries