Mfg.com Reviews

Mitch Free

1. Very Happy

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

No Competition This is the best product out there Hands Down. This is a great product I see American and Canadian Companies that greatly benefit from it every day.

Cons

We did not win the Lottery in the office pool.

Advice to Management

Stay Focused

2. Poor management killed a great idea

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, young workplace, great business idea

Cons

The founder's inability to let go of the company and capitalize on a revolutionary idea

Advice to Management

You got rid of the founder but you are behind the eight ball and it may be too late.

3. Only the strong survive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When things are going well, great money & great fun. Strong sales team makes for a very positive environment

Cons

Upper managements lack of focus led to the unraveling of the business model. Not enough focus was put on client success once they were on boarded.

Advice to Management

Focus on more then just sales. You are a sales organization, but you are also a service organization. Your success is ultimately linked to your clients success. If they don't stay neither will you.

5. Poorly managed chop-shop

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. This was hands down the worst experience at a company I have ever had.

Cons

Everything. If you are thinking about going into sales here STAY AWAY. In the time I was there 12 people were either fired or left in an 8 week period (in a 50 person office this is outrageous). The attrition rate speaks for itself and management has no idea what they're doing. CEO is a former machinist and it business approach. He drives a Mazerati even though the company isn't profitable. Also, they will promise you great pay but when you get there you find out NO ONE will hit quota because the product is impossible to sell.

I would be surprised if this company is still around in 2 years.

Advice to Management

Get a management team that is more qualified than just certificates from online universities.

Get a database that hasn't been raped and pillaged for 12 years prior.

6. Pleasant

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com

Pros

Culture is amazing. people are great. cool concept.

Cons

no direction. poorly managed. sales pay is low compared to other SAAS models.

Advice to Management

you aren't going to attract good sales people or keep them for that matter if the pay is low. make good decisions and stick with them. stop changing the direction of the ship every few months.

7. Overall a fast paced, energentic workplace.

I worked at Mfg.com

Pros

My management was the best in the world. Energy was always high, and the goal was always clearly defined. The workspace was very agile in nature, and communication was always encouraged in the IT department. We were teamed directly with Sales and that created a level of cooperation within the company that I have not seen since.

Cons

That management is no longer there. Efforts that IT was moving towards seemed to be continually blocked by other parts of the business. Other areas of senior management would reward various departments even when they were missing their goals. IT was looked at as a means to an end, rather than a strategic partner within the overall organization.

8. Major management issues

I have been working at Mfg.com

Pros

Great idea
    Potential to make a major impact on the market
    Travel
    Industry experts on staff
    IT team is very solid

Cons

Management has no idea how to manage a company as it grows over 100 people
    Business model has flaws, which are taking too long to fix
    No communication about performance when its not positive

9. Excellent prospects for movers and shakers!

I worked at Mfg.com

Pros

Management at this company is top notch. My experience working there was outstanding.

Cons

The pay seemed to be on the low side. Perhaps the flip side of a company keeping its costs down to stay competitive is..

Advice to Management

Senior management consistently leaves you feeling like they're large and in charge. I don't have any advice. Only praise. This company left a very good taste in my mouth after about two years!

10. Fantastic, Fast Paced, No Slackers Tolerated

I have been working at Mfg.com

Pros

MFG.com is a place for the top percentile in terms of intelligence, work ethic and energy. There are lot's of moving parts, it is a global business, very innovative and changing a stale industry. Fun work environment with little politics. Lot's of interaction with the visionary Founder / CEO who is a talented motivator that holds people accountable and isn't afraid to make the tough decisions when need be.

Cons

As long as you are working hard and "thinking" the downsides are few. Probably the greatest challenge is that MFG.com is forging a new path and bringing major efficiency to the manufacturing industry and not all people running small manufacturing companies are savvy enough to embrace change and try to fight it. Dealing with those people can be trying. But when I speak to those customers that "get it" it cancels out the frustrating conversations with those that don't .

Advice to Management

Don't lose the culture. MFG.com is an amazing place to work. Don't hire any more "professional managers" that don't understand how to operate in an entrepreneurial, global, fast paced company. Publish more case studies talking about all the success I hear about on the phone every day when speaking with customers.

11. Great... if you are hitting

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com

Pros

Great vibe, Great Team, Very flexible, and very causal. All things considered this is a very good company to work for.

Cons

Performance is king and people work hard to hit their numbers. You must be prepared to do the same. There is very little tolerance for slackers.

Advice to Management

More focus always helps, but generally they are on the right track. I liked the way the company was managed.