Mfg.com Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Mitch Free

1. Feels like a different company....in a good way!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open door management policy, groups work together seamlessly (not is silos), everybody is paid MORE commission and there is a great emphasis put on culture and teamwork. I've worked at a lot of places and this is by far the best experience I have ever had.

Cons

No cons - this place is great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - you hit the nail on the head and the morale, customer satisfaction and profitability all show it. Nice job!

There must be some where else to work

Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It will make you realize your mistakes in life by winding up here.

Cons

Where should I start, Lets start with your own personal safety. For the love of God do a back ground check on all managers. Assault charges, multiple problems with the police extremely threatening behavior. If you have a spouse, sister or wife that works at mfg.com make sure you show up at her work to mark your territory. Look up all managers

Advice to Management

If you constantly are in court for inflicting harm on others and society you should never be in charge of people. Tell the truth wash your self stop doing what ever drugs you are on.

3. Flexible but inconsistent

I have been working at Mfg.com

Pros

They have flexible schedule options for part-time worker

Cons

They have inconsistent rules and regulations

5. So-So overall....company lacked good leadership

I worked at Mfg.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent work environment. Had a small startup feel. Was allow to work from home 2 days a week. Worked there for 5 years and was finally laid off back in 2010.

Cons

Constant turnover of management and executives. No pay raises for several years. CEO got the company up and running but couldn't take it from a small company to a medium or large company.

Advice to Management

Hire a CEO

6. Poor management killed a great idea

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, young workplace, great business idea

Cons

The founder's inability to let go of the company and capitalize on a revolutionary idea

Advice to Management

You got rid of the founder but you are behind the eight ball and it may be too late.

7. Great people, great product, but lacking any clear long term direction

I worked at Mfg.com full-time

Pros

Really great people who know how to work hard and still have fun together. Great small company high energy environment. One of the few places in my career where I enjoyed going in to work every day.

Cons

Profitability is a constant challenge, which coupled with either the lack of a long term strategy (or inability to stick to such) leads to layoffs on a fairly regular basis. Anyone joining this company should remain very agile as job stability is not assured. Be very cautious if you're leaving a good gig somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Establish and communicate a long term strategy as well as the metrics towards achieving that strategy. Commit to the employees you bring on as much as they commit to you by leaving somewhere else to join MFG.

8. Very Happy

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No Competition This is the best product out there Hands Down. This is a great product I see American and Canadian Companies that greatly benefit from it every day.

Cons

We did not win the Lottery in the office pool.

Advice to Management

Stay Focused

9. Do I even have to give them 1 star?

I worked at Mfg.com full-time

Pros

About the only pro was flexbility to work from home, but even that was taken away due to others abusing the privilege.

Cons

There was no communication whether it was business information I needed to be able to do my job or feedback on how things were going for me and our department. I've never been so frustrated before by feeling like I couldn't ask anything. There always seemed to be a changed in strategy every few months and of course that was never communicated. The company never seemed to do anywhere near the growth I was told about in my initial interview and raises were something that were never mentioned and never given. I never had such a poor experience working with a company and I wouldn't recommend anyone going to work for them. Even unemployed people are better off than working for this company. The company didn't have a single profitable month when I worked for them and they weren't even close to ever being profitable.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees enough to communicate with them. People need to know how to do their jobs and feel appreciated. You will never retain talented people if they are all treated like I was. I hope the business turns around for you, because you can't keep getting investors to give money forever.

10. Only the strong survive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When things are going well, great money & great fun. Strong sales team makes for a very positive environment

Cons

Upper managements lack of focus led to the unraveling of the business model. Not enough focus was put on client success once they were on boarded.

Advice to Management

Focus on more then just sales. You are a sales organization, but you are also a service organization. Your success is ultimately linked to your clients success. If they don't stay neither will you.

11. Poorly managed chop-shop

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. This was hands down the worst experience at a company I have ever had.

Cons

Everything. If you are thinking about going into sales here STAY AWAY. In the time I was there 12 people were either fired or left in an 8 week period (in a 50 person office this is outrageous). The attrition rate speaks for itself and management has no idea what they're doing. CEO is a former machinist and it business approach. He drives a Mazerati even though the company isn't profitable. Also, they will promise you great pay but when you get there you find out NO ONE will hit quota because the product is impossible to sell. I would be surprised if this company is still around in 2 years.

Advice to Management

Get a management team that is more qualified than just certificates from online universities. Get a database that hasn't been raped and pillaged for 12 years prior.

RSS Feed </> Embed