Mfg.com

Mitch Free

Very Happy

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No Competition This is the best product out there Hands Down. This is a great product I see American and Canadian Companies that greatly benefit from it every day.

Cons

We did not win the Lottery in the office pool.

Stay Focused

So-So overall....company lacked good leadership

I worked at Mfg.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent work environment. Had a small startup feel. Was allow to work from home 2 days a week. Worked there for 5 years and was finally laid off back in 2010.

Cons

Constant turnover of management and executives. No pay raises for several years. CEO got the company up and running but couldn't take it from a small company to a medium or large company.

Hire a CEO

Poor management killed a great idea

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, young workplace, great business idea

Cons

The founder's inability to let go of the company and capitalize on a revolutionary idea

You got rid of the founder but you are behind the eight ball and it may be too late.

Great people, great product, but lacking any clear long term direction

I worked at Mfg.com full-time

Pros

Really great people who know how to work hard and still have fun together. Great small company high energy environment. One of the few places in my career where I enjoyed going in to work every day.

Cons

Profitability is a constant challenge, which coupled with either the lack of a long term strategy (or inability to stick to such) leads to layoffs on a fairly regular basis. Anyone joining this company should remain very agile as job stability is not assured. Be very cautious if you're leaving a good gig somewhere else.

Establish and communicate a long term strategy as well as the metrics towards achieving that strategy. Commit to the employees you bring on as much as they commit to you by leaving somewhere else to join MFG.

Do I even have to give them 1 star?

I worked at Mfg.com full-time

Pros

About the only pro was flexbility to work from home, but even that was taken away due to others abusing the privilege.

Cons

There was no communication whether it was business information I needed to be able to do my job or feedback on how things were going for me and our department. I've never been so frustrated before by feeling like I couldn't ask anything.

There always seemed to be a changed in strategy every few months and of course that was never communicated. The company never seemed to do anywhere near the growth I was told about in my initial interview and raises were something that were never mentioned and never given.

I never had such a poor experience working with a company and I wouldn't recommend anyone going to work for them. Even unemployed people are better off than working for this company. The company didn't have a single profitable month when I worked for them and they weren't even close to ever being profitable.

Trust your employees enough to communicate with them. People need to know how to do their jobs and feel appreciated. You will never retain talented people if they are all treated like I was. I hope the business turns around for you, because you can't keep getting investors to give money forever.

Only the strong survive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mfg.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When things are going well, great money & great fun. Strong sales team makes for a very positive environment

Cons

Upper managements lack of focus led to the unraveling of the business model. Not enough focus was put on client success once they were on boarded.

Focus on more then just sales. You are a sales organization, but you are also a service organization. Your success is ultimately linked to your clients success. If they don't stay neither will you.

Poorly managed chop-shop

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. This was hands down the worst experience at a company I have ever had.

Cons

Everything. If you are thinking about going into sales here STAY AWAY. In the time I was there 12 people were either fired or left in an 8 week period (in a 50 person office this is outrageous). The attrition rate speaks for itself and management has no idea what they're doing. CEO is a former machinist and it business approach. He drives a Mazerati even though the company isn't profitable. Also, they will promise you great pay but when you get there you find out NO ONE will hit quota because the product is impossible to sell.

I would be surprised if this company is still around in 2 years.

Get a management team that is more qualified than just certificates from online universities.

Get a database that hasn't been raped and pillaged for 12 years prior.

Pleasant

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com

Pros

Culture is amazing. people are great. cool concept.

Cons

no direction. poorly managed. sales pay is low compared to other SAAS models.

you aren't going to attract good sales people or keep them for that matter if the pay is low. make good decisions and stick with them. stop changing the direction of the ship every few months.

Overall a fast paced, energentic workplace.

I worked at Mfg.com

Pros

My management was the best in the world. Energy was always high, and the goal was always clearly defined. The workspace was very agile in nature, and communication was always encouraged in the IT department. We were teamed directly with Sales and that created a level of cooperation within the company that I have not seen since.

Cons

That management is no longer there. Efforts that IT was moving towards seemed to be continually blocked by other parts of the business. Other areas of senior management would reward various departments even when they were missing their goals. IT was looked at as a means to an end, rather than a strategic partner within the overall organization.

Major management issues

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mfg.com

Pros

Great idea
    Potential to make a major impact on the market
    Travel
    Industry experts on staff
    IT team is very solid

Cons

Management has no idea how to manage a company as it grows over 100 people
    Business model has flaws, which are taking too long to fix
    No communication about performance when its not positive