Miami Children's Hospital

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Miami Children's Hospital President and CEO M. Narendra Kini

M. Narendra Kini

registered nurse

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

Prosrespect, collaboration, empowerment, potential for growth

Conslower pay, food is bad in cafeteria,

Advice to Senior Managementwork one to one with employees that want to grow within company

Excellent Workplace!

Registrar (Current Employee)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

ProsMCH has been a rewarding place to work for. MCH provides excellent work-life balance. Training is always available, just ask management and they will help you achieve the training you need. The benefits MCH provides to their employees are unmessurable! It has been a blessing to be part of MCH. I have been employeed with MCH for almost 2 years now and I look forward to many more.

ConsSome of the challenges at MCH are promotions. You need to really sell yourself off to management and constantly go the extra mile to be considered for a promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementAvoid underestimating or ignoring the want of your staff wanting to move on to another position.

Great Company

Imaging Specialist (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsProfessional growth, good pay, good benefits, great supervisors

ConsNo food plan options for billing department, compared to employees who worked at the hospital

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Experience

Imaging Specialist (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsI learned so much with Miami Children's Hospital. They are always caring for their employees' knowledge and well-being.

ConsThe billing department did not have any meal plan options, like the main hospital employees did.

An awesome company to gain experience and grow.

BI Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsIt has a is within a great commute.

ConsNeed to fix business communication and have a team have a better understanding of each component of the project.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more perks... this is a key to keep employee from leaving to another job opportunity.

Pleasant & team players

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsSome people here help you feel welcomed & are always willing to give you a hand.

ConsSome personalities throughout the hospital are not very people friendly. Acknowledging & being friendly goes a long way.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need longer lunch breaks. 30 mins. are too short of a break. Your eyes and mind need at least one hour to detach especially when using a computer more than 50 % of the time. Other than that, the VP's have been wonderful & are always very kind & interract well with others.

Flag Review
    Miami Children's Hospital Employee Communications Specialist responded to this review May 12, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your comment. Please reach out to your department's director or VP as they have the ability to provide longer meal periods if the operation allows it.

I have worked here for many years and seen many changes both good and bad

ProsWe practice excellent Pediatric Medicine and have all specialities represented. The doctors on staff are very dedicated and excellent in their field. The nursing staff is caring and compassionate and love their profession.

ConsThe cafeteria has deminished in quality and charge higher prices. We have been waiting for several years to build a six-story building. The ground was broken for this project but the building of this tower has not progressed. We are space crunched and they are moving administrative offices off-site. This is a trend in medicine but I think you lose hands on quality when the administration is not in the daily grind of the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the MCH Way it is not working the way it was intended.
    After relocation of administration off-site make daily rounds in the hospital and Ambulatory Centers to maintain a hands-on atmosphere and engagement with employees and patient families.

Very fullfiling work and fast pace environment.

ProsThe organization is building for the future and positioning itself as a full fledge pediatric health system.

ConsMany initiaitves trying to be deployed at once with some overlap.

Great Employer

ProsExcellent employer with many opportunities for growth and development

ConsBusy and fast paced, but great opportunites to expand your knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat place to work!

Amazing organization with a true commitment to its employees.

Administrative Director (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsThe opportunities for personal growth and development that have been afforded to me have been wonderful. I have been supported by my leaders as well as leaders throughout the organization and have seen progressive expansion of my responsibilities and duties.

ConsAs a small organization, the top of the pyramid is relatively narrow. There is only so much ascension before you become limited in vertical growth. Also, unless you are a member of a professional organization, the think tank becomes shallow in regards to outside perspective.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue supporting advanced education for employees.

Worked for Miami Children's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Miami Children's Hospital – Why Work for Us?

A World Renowned Children's Hospital Founded in 1950, Miami Children's Hospital® is South Florida’s only licensed free-standing specialty hospital exclusively for children. The not-for profit 501 (C) (3) 289-bed… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Miami Children's Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Miami Children's Hospital CEO M. Narendra Kini. All 47 reviews posted anonymously by Miami Children's Hospital employees.