Miami Dade College

Be The First To
Add Photos

Eduardo J. Padrón

31 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I wish I could work at MDC full-time!

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThis is a wonderful opportunity to help students achieve their career goals.

ConsLimited enrollment can cause a class to be closed or your pay rate is reduced.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more opportunities to become full time professors. Provide dependent benefits for all employees including part-time adjuncts.

If you're looking for great pay and horrible morals this is the place for you

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat pay and benefits
    Excellent students
    Good crisis management

ConsPolitics of working here are very tough. Unless you went to Miami Dade previously, I guarantee you will not succeed here. Most of the administration prefers to hire inside their alum and don't really like consideration of outside idea which are current with a majority of innovative higher education institutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your students! They are the reason you have a job.

Great opportunities

Secretary (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsPay is usually competitive. There are great opportunities to move up and internal candidate are usually given most consideration. You will usually always find a fellow employee willing to assist you in anything.

ConsWorking with leadership is sometimes difficult. They will not always communicate clearly and you sometimes have to play guessing games. This can be frustrating since you may get blamed for something you had no idea about.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees more and be clear on what you need them to do.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is good environment to work

Tutor (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsIt is a fun experience.

ConsI want to work for a full time schedule in tutor.

No Support Structure for Adjunct Professors

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsIt is an honor to work at the largest community college in the Nation. Working with commuter and immigrant students is such a treat. There's never a dull day in class. A lot of independence to design your own course and teach what you want.

ConsThere is no support structure for adjunct professors. No group meeting, no introductions, no peer to peer support, no sharing of ideas, etc. You may never meet the other professors in your department that teach the same courses as you. You can expect to see office staff at the beginning of the course to receive documents and at the end when turning in documents. Pay is very low. $2,200 per course per semester. The salary is not enough of an incentive to provide more to the students as a teacher. Reading 150 reports is easier to read when making $500 a week than $500 biweekly, which is the case at MDC.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease Please! Create a peer to peer culture within the Departments. This will help professors teach better, students to learn better, and build a stronger, more employee valued institution.

Hire Competent People

Adult Education Tutor (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsFlexible Schedule and great interaction with the students.

ConsWorking with adults who act like children is frustrating. Many policies put in place only hinder student success and enrollment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe college should stop catering to the predominate Spanish community of Miami.

Vibrant community

Student Assistant (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsDiverse population; positive community; great parking space; lots of community interaction events; located in the middle of downtown; near shops, dining areas, businesses, and art district.

ConsTraffic jams. The transportation system is underdeveloped in comparison to the amount of people living in the greater Miami, therefore causing extended hours of traffic congestion.

Excellent School

Director of Learning Services/Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsIt is like working in UNO. Because all the countries in the world are represented there.

ConsBudget cut due to not enough money coming from state or federal government. this may result in cutting down employee benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo make all the courses up to Bachelor degree level. The school has the capacity to do so.

Miami Dade College

Part Time Clerk (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsI went to school in Miami Dade College, growth opportunities

ConsMinimum wage, not worth the pay

Great place to work for

HVAC Tech (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat place to work for while seeking a degree since they help with tuition and flexible work hours for current students.

ConsNeed too much education to make descent salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees need incentives in order to stay motivated and feel that they are part of something.

Worked for Miami Dade College? Contribute to the Community!