Michael Foods

Be The First To
Add Photos

James E. (Jim) Dwyer Jr.

Very dedicated

ProsIt has been a great place to work. Fair salary, with great benefits. Many employees have been there 20 plus years.

ConsHard to advance. Just like most companies, employees are doing more with less resources. Many new systems are coming on board, it seems like we are reinventing the wheel.

former supervisor

Supervisor (Former Employee) Gaylord, MN

Pros401k and ins are good. the pay is low, the hours are long. if you are hourly it's an ok job as you can get away with alot.

Conslack of communications, upper management will say one thing and do another. if you are in management don't work for them. do the research and see how many members of management have left in just the last year. gaylord,mn plants are very poorly managed and 1 sided.

Advice to Senior Managementremove the top manager at both plants and get a new hr manager. very one sided

Good, growing company to work at!

MRO Buyer (Former Employee) Chaska, MN

ProsGood company, good people, good pay and benefits.

ConsAny con's I experienced were minor and not worth mentioning.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, you are on the right track.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No Communication from Upper Management

Production Supervisor (Former Employee) Millville, NJ

ProsGreat 401K program with employee match.

ConsNo communication at all from upper management. Periodically the big bosses from Minnesota would make an appearance to our facility. They made sure not to communicate or make eye contact with anyone that worked hard for them. Typical corporate mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry communicating with ALL of your employees. It will help you succeed.

Professional, work hard/play hard company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minnetonka, MN

ProsOverall, an outstanding company to work for. Competitive salary and benefits, relaxed, but professional work environment. Management is very supportive of family and life outside of work. The general office atmosphere is upbeat and happy.

ConsThe only downside that I can see so far is that not many people quit from this company, so there is not always a position to move up to!

Good company, great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSupervisors were very approachable and helpful. Hard work was rewarded

ConsThe Catering company is searching for an identity

Advice to Senior Management-

Quality Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmall, dedicated workforce. Growing company that has a decent amount of opportunity to offer a motivated individual. Solid benefits package.

ConsSmaller company with few positions available for advancement. Communication from Senior leadership on direction of respective divisions and company sparse.

Worked for Michael Foods? Contribute to the Community!