Michael Kors
www.michaelkors.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Michael Kors Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014
Michael Kors – Dallas – “Storefront”

John Idol

Pros:
  • "generous clothing allotment, great discount"
    in 20 reviews
  • "The discount and free clothes are the only pros"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Minimal internal promotions, micromanage, no work life balance, unprofessional work environment"
    in 12 reviews
  • "There are black out dates and really long hours during the holidays but the amazing commission makes it all worth it"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsHis name is a household name!

ConsNearly impossible to get promoted. Gossipy! The pay is TERRIBLE. Management doesn't speak to you with respect and professionalism.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make your employees feel like they have to drink to socialize! Get rid of some of your Executives who drink and take prescription meds!

Not all that glitters is gold.

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsYour team becomes like family. You laugh together and cry together (trust me, you will cry at some point).

ConsTurnover (but that's expected with retail), corporate is not understand AT ALL. Unrealistic expectations. Sorry guys, we're not going to sell 5 $3,000 collections bags to suburban mothers on a Tuesday.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork first hand in the retail stores more. Instead of coaching and developing and focusing so much on jet set training, work first hand with the client to see that they dont want to pushed into buying things, they want a shopping buddy who helps them decide on their purchases.

Part Time Sales

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsGreat product at lifestyle stores (there are pieces specifically made for outlet you will never see in lifestyle), 50% discount.

ConsHours fluctuated significantly each week to the next, corporate policies for store changed at least once a month - there was no consistency - sometimes what they told you to do yesterday is now wrong today.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe SM and ASM at the time were excellent, but corporate has no idea what they're doing. They once sent in a visual merchandising team and they were so hungover that they couldn't even take their sunglasses off, reaked of booze. So clearly unprofessional, and they were no apologies.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Must have thick skin!

ProsPay, commission, discount, new clothes every month

ConsDrama, favorites, hours, no real proper training

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect employees and please train properly

The best job I've ever had.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsEveryone including the bosses are great! Everyone is positive, fun and there is no gossiping.

ConsI work at the Michael Kors at the outlet mall and they put a lot of pressure on people to sell. If you can't handle a lot of pressure don't work there. Don't make the same mistake I did and only ask for only $10.00. Ask for $13.50.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great, just don't put so much pressure on your employees to sell and then you won't have so much turn around. Most people do better with less pressure.

Amazing!!

Part Time Sales (Current Employee)
    Novi, MI

ProsVery supportive, amazing opportunities, fashion forward, discount, wardrobe!
    The ability to build your own customer base and become a personal shopper.
    Company hires from within the company. The company is growing more and more every day!

ConsThe heels will start to hurt after several hours but they are super cute. There are black out dates and really long hours during the holidays but the amazing commission makes it all worth it.

Only Hires Top Talent

Brand Manager (Current Employee)

ProsWorking with extremely talented people. Everyone has a high sense of urgency and is dedicated to being the best. MK has top training for sales and has high standards for customer service.

ConsDiscount if off MSRP price, even for managers, and often the customer's rate is better than an employee's price. This can be frustrating when you are strongly encouraged to wear current season wardrobe and you work 5 days a week, but only get one outfit a month.

Amazing!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company atmosphere and department members!

ConsThere were no cons for me, I was an Intern.

Superb

Floor Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Naples, FL

ProsThe company wants you to grow with them and be as successful as possible. So many benefits. Love it to death

ConsNo cons. I enjoy going to work everyday and I love the team that i work with. Work for them.

Good Environment, if you "fit in"

Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsLaid back office culture, had a good program for intern, seem to really care about their retail development. Really got exposed to a lot of different opportunities. Sit in at meetings, helping to figure out design. If you have a mentor who really cares, you can learn a lot.

ConsUnpaid internship, sometimes employees or interns seemed too laid back, just want to do the bare minimum. They get too caught up in the "retail" industry and seemed pretty materialistic. If you're not into that culture, you won't fit in.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that are a good fit to the company, and are hardworking.

Worked for Michael Kors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michael Kors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michael Kors CEO John Idol . All 204 reviews posted anonymously by Michael Kors employees.