Michael Stars

Be The First To
Add Photos

Growing

Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCompany beginning to grow and move into a more established style with a better developed customer demographic.

ConsNot a very well known brand, which sometimes misleads the customers mind when it comes to the price range

Advice to Senior ManagementHR just needs a bit more organization and a bit more practice in each of their positions to better execute the marketing of the brand.

Great job, employer of choice

ProsEmpowered to do your job and gives self-motivated people awesome opportunity to learn! Open-minded, revolutionary employer that stays modern in practice and procedure..

ConsTricky family politics can be uncomfortable

It used to be a fun and thriving atmosphere but many internal changes have caused it to not be that way anymore.

ProsOverall work/life balance seems to be ok.

ConsLack of professionalism in the workplace, sometimes even hostile, difficult to grow within the company, lack of leadership,

Advice to Senior Managementi would suggest to reevaluate the people in higher role positions including HR and monitor how people are treated overall.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Trying to be corporate with all the problems of a small family run business.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people - your peers are some of the best co-workers
    Great discount on the product - the sample sales are the best

ConsIncompetent senior management
    Unethical and inappropriate culture
    Excessive hiring of outside consultants who do not know the brand or its history

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some experience on how to manage
    Hire competent people to lead your teams
    Recognize the hard work of your employees

Great Retail Job!

ProsThis company has a fun and friendly culture, family owned, nice product, benefits are decent and a generous employee discount. You have the ability to own your business as if it were your store. Work/ life balance is about as good as you can get in the retail industry. Suggestions and feedback is listened to by upper management.

ConsThere are not too many downsides to this company. There is not a ton of room for growth and you don't have all the extra perks of working for a large corporation.

best retail job ill ever have

Store Manager (Former Employee)

Prosrelaxed, family owned company, good pay, able to own your business

Consunprofessionalism accepted, favoritism towards certain managers/stores

Not quick enough...unethical and small minded

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat discount, decent wages. Most of the employees in the stores were great to work with. The merchandise was decent.

ConsHuge amount of nepotism in hiring at corporate. Unprofessional at the director and above level. Out of state benefits were awful. Marked favoritism and gossipy. Zero growth potential. Zero development or ongoing training. Little brand recognition. Strange visual elements and untimely cadence.
    Worst inadvertent racial overtones.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional and impartial. Treat all employees the same. Try for some racial variety. Stop allowing corporate officers to hire their friends. Make your visuals more market and installation appropriate.

Worked for Michael Stars? Contribute to the Community!