Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com

Michaels Stores Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Chuck Rubin

Pros
  • The employee discount is good, especially the associate appreciation discounts offered seasonally (in 58 reviews)

• I liked the people I worked with and working around arts and crafts (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Even for full-time associates, don't expect 40 hours a week unless it's peak season (in 64 reviews)

• Benefits for part time is not so great - maybe they could offer full time benefits to (in 64 reviews)

More Highlights

I love Michaels!

PT Framer (Current Employee) Logan, UT

ProsEveryone gets a long great and loves working with people.

ConsWe are not allowed to be friends with the Store Manager outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf a Store Manager does not know anyone in the town they should be allowed to be friends and go places with fellow employees.

Fun Seasonal Job

Seasonal Cashier (Current Employee) Norridge, IL

Prosemployee discount, easy to sell a fun product, happy crafting customers

Consclosings can make you stay over an hour past your expected release time

customer experience manger/ night and weekends

ProsLove the people I work with. This is the best job I've ever had. Co-workers are very friendly. I was a transfer into the store and everyone made me feel welcome.

ConsEvery so often you come across a guest that has issues with one thing or another but hey its our job to try to deal with the issue as best as we can or find someone else who can.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

totally outstanding and great experience and wonderful place to work

Associate (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThe place is great and get to learn new ways to be creative and help others as well. Great benefits as well.

Conslike to move up to management position.

Advice to Senior Managementtotally great and very open to help out and be a team player as much as they can.

LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!!

Replenishment Associate (Current Employee) Bethlehem, GA

ProsIf you are a creative and personable person you will love this place. I wouldnt want to work anywhere else

ConsNot enough actual management done by store level supervisors. MUCH ROOM for improvement

Advice to Senior ManagementHold store level supervisors to a high standard, when they dont meet standards REPLACE them

great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosexcellent atmosphere great coworkers good location

Conscurrent lack of hrs,pay, job security

Great Company

Manager (Current Employee) Smyrna, GA

ProsEasy to manage and run, can move up quickly

ConsNagging customers at times with usual moms and older ladies

Advice to Senior Managementstop with 60% off framing and figure a way to better promote

totally amazing! i love working here

Cashier (Former Employee) Fleming Island, FL

Prosdiscounts are good, bout 10 percent off

Consalot of old people go there

Advice to Senior Managementnpthing bad or good to report

Great Atmosphere and People!

Wilton Cake Decorating Instructor/Cashier (Current Employee) Anderson, SC

ProsI am currently not only a Wilton Cake Decorating Instructor at Michaels but also a cashier. I work with a ton of people that I get along with really well, and they are really understanding. I started only as the Instructor, and then when I came on hard times financially was told to talk to my store manager about picking up some cashiering shifts and he was more than happy to accomodate. Not only are they willing to work with you but have a great discount program.

ConsI get paid what Wilton has set up for a payment schedule for my Instructor shifts, but I have heard that the pay is around minimum wage, so unless they are really hard up don't look to get too much more in pay from them right away.

Great place to work, if your full time.

ProsGreat Advancement opportunity for those willing to work hard.

ConsPart time employee give very few hours, so I can understand the turn around.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!