Michaelson, Connor, & Boul

3.1

Joan Heid

Great work environment

I have been working at Michaelson, Connor, & Boul full-time

Pros

Very fun, kind and welcoming coworkers. I feel recognized for my accomplishments and I have gained great experience to build my career on. The company is also pretty flexible when it comes to work schedules and is accommodating in family emergency situations.

Cons

There are not a lot of upward movement opportunities at the company, so if you are looking to move into management you will have to wait a while to have the opportunity to do so. Most of the staff has been here for a very long time and do not have plans to leave, which leaves very few open positions to fill.

I'd like to see more community activities for employees to participate in.

Never Again - Gave them too much of my life

Former Employee - Accounting in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Michaelson, Connor, & Boul full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The owners are wonderful people
    If you are related or connected to management outside of the company this is a great place for advancement.

Cons

Negative Environment.
    If you aren't related or connected to senior management and take a position get the office experience and use it to find a better job.
    Excessive amount of staff from temp services entrusted with confidential personal information of clients. (If I was a client and knew this I would not want my sensitive information entrusted to this company)
    Had an annual mandatory IT Security Compliance Course. Yet it was common practice in the company to violate the same practices that the course instructed us against. This went all the way up to management as well as some senior management. This along with many other holes in the security of IT and sensitive data.
    Work/Life Balance is only balanced if you don't get bullied in to giving up your weekends
    Current Skilled Employees were often told there was no budget for raises while new entry level hires often were offered a higher starting pay than the current employees were earning at that time.

Advice to Owners... (Owners were great but unfortunately not as in touch with what happened on the work floor) Look at your managers as much or more than the average employee. When I was there many of the problems started with management

Experience with working for top executive's and ability to work independently.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Michaelson, Connor, & Boul

Pros

they had pretty good Benefits and working with nice people was a nice plus. The ability to work independently and create better ways of doing things in the office.

Cons

The commute was too long. They were unfair to some of the employees. Did not give any reviews and bonuses that were needed.

To recognize and award employees who did a good job for the company. To give back to the employees some of the profit the company made. Give raises or bonuses.

Not bad...if you dont mind learning everything on your own and content with no advancement opportunities.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Michaelson, Connor, & Boul

Pros

*understanding for PTO
    *business hours 830-5pm
    *11 paid holidays

Cons

*30 min lunch
    *no extensive training
    *terrible network systems
    *negative environment
    *underpaid employees
    *terrible health benefits

Hire management who knows what they're doing and understands the concept of communicating differently with each individual. Maybe, do a more thorough interviewing process when hiring employees and train them after hiring.

Okay Job to Pay bills not much else..

Former Employee - Administrative Support
    Former Employee - Administrative Support

I worked at Michaelson, Connor, & Boul

Pros

relaxed culture. basic benefits package. 401k match program biggest plus. if your personal life is busy, a student etc fine place to coast through. holiday bonus.

Cons

virtually no room for career advancement. nepotism runs high and is not a surprise if you stick around long enough. staff offices by temp agencies.

invest more in your employees. make room for career advancement opportunities and / or professional development. give raises. explore telecommuting.