Michelin Reviews

Reset
3.6
Michelin CEO Jean-Dominique Senard
Jean-Dominique Senard

Pros
  • Great work-life balance and outstanding product offerings (in 8 reviews)

• good training for sales strategy (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Can be political, your career development may be slower because they do not prioritize you as an individual (in 4 reviews)

• If you are not French you are not considered equally qualified (in 6 reviews)

1. A company with Great values

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Delhi (India)

I have been working at Michelin full-time

Pros

Learning. Working with the best HR Practices , Human value. work Ethic. ...countless

Cons

A very big company

Advice to Management

Good job done, keep tradition going further

“Let them eat cake ”

Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Chennai (India)

Pros

You have always dreamt to get a job at a PSU or at a central/state government owned company. But after all India is a country of 1.2 billion people, so unless you excelled at academics, nailed the entrance tests and most importantly have contacts in the upper echelons of the Indian bureaucracy , chances are you will not get the highly sought after government job after all.

Cons

But, don’t be disheartened, God always gives us a second chance. That is why God brought Michelin to India in 2010, a company, which is private outside, but government inside. So, if you want an easy going life, and yet be able to tell your neighbor that you work at a MNC, Michelin is the place for you. Michelin has been making quality tires since 1908, and today boasts of more than 1, 00,000 employees. The company says the real strength of the company is in its people, and then you think, which company doesn’t? As a responsible employer, each year the company carries out extensive performance assessments at various levels for over four months. At the end of it all in the end of May, the company doles out, salary hikes, which is very often a shade above the current inflation, irrespective of the country. The standard deviation of the percentage salary hike is an industry bench mark; although I am convinced the real motive is to prevent the endless, self-defeating, or pointless pursuit of wealth i.e. the rat race. The real advantage of working for Michelin though lies elsewhere. You can have innumerable coffee breaks or smoke breaks and yet have enough time to finish your work, attend meetings and still be done at 5pm. If you are smart enough you will also book your weekend breakaway tickets at work too, since I am damn sure there are better things to do at home. I am sure the rest you can read from the reviews below and above, in my case what started off as a smooth journey on an American freeway, suddenly transformed into the Dakar rally at some point. I am lucky that I was able to steer out safely and get back to the highway, I am not sure everyone is as lucky, at least for now.

Advice to Management

The French love their croissants and their cakes, what they haven’t realized is a “Let them eat cake” moment building up. Although we Indians are too meek to start a mini French Revolution, we are easily the sliest race, when it comes to jumping companies. Although, Michelin does a good job portraying that in fact you are betraying the company by leaving, I don’t blame anyone when you have a non-existent HR department, with policies as ludicrous as Baba Ramdev’s claims.

3. One of the best companies

Current Employee - GET in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - GET in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Michelin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is very professional, takes care of you, helps to grow mentally and professionally with a good amount of exposure of abroad.

Cons

The Bond is quite long, but that is not a disgrace to the employees as they are investing so much to their employees so in return they expect some dedication from their employees.

5. The better company

I have been working at Michelin full-time

Pros

Learning, Culture, Policies. The company is stabilizing in Chennai, so lot more benefits & policies will flow in near future.

Cons

No big cons.... Not every single person can be satisfied in a size of organization like this,... I would say, that the number of satisfied persons are higher. Michelin is much better than many companies.

6. not satisfied

Current Employee - Diploma Engineer in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Diploma Engineer in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Michelin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good work environment and good values

Cons

no job satisfaction,no growth for the career

Advice to Management

try to follow international standards and rules

7. Good Company to work with.

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Delhi (India)

I have been working at Michelin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Work Culture resulting in good working environment

Cons

Still trying to figure out what the cons are

Advice to Management

Good Work. Keep it up

8. very good!

I have been working at Michelin full-time

Pros

company took care of all the travelling and staying expenses, very well organised

Cons

there is a bond, but thats okay if they are investing so much on you by training you abroad

Working in Michelin-India

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Michelin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Work Culture, Respect for Work Life Balance. Decent opportunities to work abroad.

Cons

Need to improve a lot on Compensation and Benefits.

10. Place full of opportunities.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Hisār (India)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Hisār (India)

I have been working at Michelin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It has a great working culture and gives opportunity to grow as per the employee's potential.

Cons

Initial pay is not very attractive.

11. Frustrating experience.

Current Employee - Maintenance Engineer in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Maintenance Engineer in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Michelin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are lucky, you might get to train abroad. Although the chances of that are vaning with every passing day.

Cons

Pretty much everything else is bad. Work culture is bad, too much politics, not many opportunities.

Advice to Management

Way too many to list.

RSS Feed </> Embed