Micro Electronics

Rick Mershad

Career of a Life Time

Current Employee - Manager  in  Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Hilliard, OH

Pros

Micro Electronics is a private company that has been in business for 30+ years and where the CEO leads the company with the same entrepreneurial spirit and passion that founded the company in the 80's. As the executive team partners with the associates to drive the company forward, dedication and hard work is recognized and your career is unlimited. The company takes great pride in excellent customer service and employing /engaging exceptional talent. It has a great family atmosphere that makes it enjoyable to come to work each day.

Cons

None to note at this time.

A growing company that has continued to grow in good and bad economic times.

Pros

I have seen Micro Electronics grow through the recession of the 80s the boom of the 90s and the recent great recession of the last decade. It is a very stable company. The people that I work for are just great and the people I work with are equally awesome. The health plan is very good as well as vacation and sick time.

Cons

I would like to see the day come when retirement benefits are addressed in some way. There are many long term loyal employees at MEI.

Stay that course and continue to grow

Great company to work for and to grow with.

Current Employee - Warehouse Lead  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Warehouse Lead in Columbus, OH

Pros

I have been with the company for 17 years and they have always been fair with me and they have always rewarded people who show that they care and take there jobs to another level. I started as regular micro-center employee and have now have a average of 12-16 workers in my area, . I feel we have good training system that allows us to monitor how the new employee is doing to assure proper price-ticket placements.We have a very fair vacation/absence times that allows us to have quality time with our family. also love the employee discounts we get -at our stores

Cons

We can always improve on our management team as a whole by keeping the communcation lines open and make it a better operation, as we conitune to grow would like to see the employees rewarded so we can show them how much they really are the backbone for our company,this would help us maintain a happy and postive work-force.

Keep showing us what is expected and how to reach our goals as the best computer store in the world and also keep giving us the tools we need to reach those goals..

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bright co-workers, great business minds and spirited debate abound (sometimes to the extreme).

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

Opportunity to learn about the retail business, contributing to a successful Company that is constantly evolving based on what customers want, knowing the executive team is stable and committed and working with talented peers. It never stays the same for long so you are pushed (in a good way) to learn and do more. Seeing peers develop and grow is very motivating. Managers generally are flexible with schedules and promote work/life balance.

Cons

There is little turnover and it's a flat organization so promotions can take time. More associates should be encouraged to take training so they are current in their fields. There are managers who are very intelligent but could use help with communication and delivery. No retirement for long-term associates who have helped build the Company.

Keep focusing on the future of the business and seek to engage everybody in the Company goals. We are all in this together.

Great place to start a career

Current Employee - Manager  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

Pros

Micro Electronics gives you the oppurtunity to grow within the company. It continues to hire within and supports their associates with training, good pay, and great benefits. I have made a long career here at the company with great support from Senior management, and reccomend this company to anyone looking for a great place to work.

Cons

Benefits are above average here at Micro Electronics. I would like to see more options with our current 401K plan.

Continue to work and communicate to your middle management. The family atmosphere you have created here makes coming to work each day enjoyable.

A great company to work for

Pros

* Offers one of the best growth opportunities in the industry; promotes strongly from within. (I myself started in the mail room before working my way up to management)
    * Average tenure in my department is over 15 years
    * Upper management has always been fully supportive of individual and department needs
    * Every decision made by this company is made in the best interest of the customers they serve

Cons

* I have no cons to report, I really like working for the company and the company itself

A great company to work for.

Pros

I just wanted to write and say what a great company Micro Electronics is to work for. I have been employed with Micro Electronics for a very long and love my job. It is a great working atmosphere. Everyone is very friendly and great to work with. In all my years I have never had a problem with anyone I have ever worked with. Its a nice relaxed atmosphere. Everyone is friendly and very helpful in all areas of the building. Management is also fantastic. They are all so helpful and great to work for. They are also very kind to the employees with pizza days and picnics and great Christmas parties for everyone to enjoy. That is a main reason I have stayed so long and have enjoyed every year I have worked here. I enjoy coming in everyday. It also has excellent vacation and health benefits. There is also a lot of opportunities of advancement and moving up which is nice. They are also very accommodating with there employees when it comes to family and are very fair with everyone. It also offers a really good employee discount on product that has come in handy a lot. I would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for employment. It is a great place to work.

Cons

It could be more consistent on pay increases but other then that I can think of any other cons.

Keep doing the great job you are already doing of making this such a great place to work.

Great company to move up and expand your career

Former Employee - QA Leader  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - QA Leader in Columbus, OH

Pros

Great mom/pop start up that grew into a bigger company. Loved the relationships with my coworkers as well as the ability to move up within the company. They really believe in promoting from within.

Cons

Salaries are not always comparable to industry standards. Needs to come out of the mom/pop mentality if they want to compete on world stage.

Corporate office-what a roller coaster ride!!

Former Employee - Buyer  in  Hilliard, OH
    Former Employee - Buyer in Hilliard, OH

Pros

I've debated writing this for the past year. I worked for Micro Electronics corporate office at manager level. After spending years at that level (and many years in the industry) it was, by far, the most unorganized office with very poor ethics I've ever worked for. I truly can't believe a business operates that way. Many deep, dark company secrets. Numerous inappropriate inter-office relationships to say the least. The CEO is only out to better himself. I was a part of some shocking meetings with Rick and I was astounded at some of the conversations I was part of. Lying, deceitful and one of the most arrogant people I've ever met. Employees at the the buyer level took advantage of everything offered to them. Trips, cash, etc. It was mind -blowing the things that go on at the corporate level. The only Pro would be it would be it's easy to get away with whatever your heart desires! Everyone looks the other way.

Cons

Dark office. CEO has entitlement and issues with arrogance. Many people cheat the system them. Pay is 60% below industry standards in the area at the buyer level (and many others I'm sure). Tons of inappropriate office relationships. Head of HR is a complete joke and possibly the worse violator. No one to trust or turn to. Zero career path or advancement opportunities. Very poor decision-making

I'd say...get NEW managers!! your current ones are cheating, lying and beating the system anyway they can.

It's great to be around the constantly changing technology and around people who are also excited about technology

Current Employee - Front End Supervisor
    Current Employee - Front End Supervisor

Pros

easy to change departments
    potential to be promoted
    free leadership training available
    great people to work with
    the job itself is easy

Cons

the steps to be promoted are not clear- leaves room for favoritism
    hours and shifts are long
    closing shifts could stay hours after posted schedule time without notice depending on the manager on duty.

The general manager should have more control over their store without having to deal with corporate red tape.
    leadership training available for everyone was a great idea, keep it up.

Worked for Micro Electronics? Contribute to the Community!