MicroEdge

MicroEdge Reviews

Updated Feb 18, 2014

MicroEdge CEO Kris Nimsger

Kris Nimsger

A very welcoming environment that really cares about my success and development.

Sales (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits package, PTO, and lots of paid training. Can carry over PTO from year to year.

ConsDoes not match 401k and no sick days. Only negative about PTO is that is must be accrued throughout the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore work day activities for people to participate in!

Great employer, great people...it's obvious they really care

Territory Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat leadership and training. This organization invests a lot in it's people and top performers have plenty of opportunity. Work environment and client base are overwhelmingly positive. Rigorous hiring and training practices lead to top-talent hiring, you will work with very intelligent people.

ConsComplicated subject matter, there is a lot to learn about the product offerings. Process heavy at times, internal meetings and data entry can get in teh way of performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementKey in on fewer, more mission critical processes and make sure those are being tracked fully and accurately.

Apr 3, 2014

We're so glad you'd recommend us to your friends! You know about our employee referral bonus, right?

Thanks for the positive review - it's awesome people that make this a terrific company.

A job with satisfaction.

Solutions Consultant (Current Employee)
Edina, MN

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time for less than a year

ProsMy job makes me feel like I'm making a difference because I'm helping non-profits make better use of their time and energy, letting them get back to their missions. I feel very satisfied with my work.

ConsI haven't experienced any yet. So far, I've found the company to be extremely accommodating to my requests and coworkers have been quite pleasant to be around.

Apr 3, 2014

Five stars - woot! Thank you :)

Hires on potential not experience

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time for more than a year

ProsI think it is great that MicroEdge Hires on potential and not necessarily experience, It allows people just getting started to really get a head start on their career. I have a great relationship with my manager and my VP and have great access and visibility with the senior management team. ME hires on potential and invests a lot in new employee training, if they like you they are going to want to keep you.

ConsWorking remotely has many advantages, feeling connected to the organization is not one of them. there are a lot of employee engagement inititives that only apply to people in MN or NY.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, continue to listening to your clients and employees.

Apr 3, 2014

Thanks so much for the five-star review! I'd love to hear your ideas about getting and keeping remote employees engaged. Send me an email? whauser@microedge.com

Increase your knowledge and experience while working with dedicated people in a fun atmosphere.

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time for more than 10 years

Proswork/life balance, great experience, good leadership,

Conslittle to no career advancement once at management level due to size of the company.

Apr 3, 2014

More than 10 years - woot! And you'd recommend us to a friend. That speaks volumes. Now, let's talk about your career path. Call me...you know my number!

Great opportunity to work alongside a varied workforce

New York, NY

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time for less than a year

ProsAble to interact with a broad section of the company and partner with multiple teams.
Fellow employees are very welcoming of new hires and there is not the typical "seniority attitude" seen in so many other companies.
Individuals are actually valued for their opinions and encouraged to find new ways of doing things.

ConsSalary is not the highest, but the benefits are good. What they lack in significant pay they make up in an aggressive work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance out the attention paid to both office. Can feel at times that the concentration is on MN over NY. You get the feeling that at any time an announcement will come that everything will be moving to MN.

Apr 3, 2014

Thanks for the thoughtful review! We've been working behind the scenes on the NY office build out - wait'll you see it. Would love to hear other ideas: whauser@microedge.com

Good people, work is fulfilling

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking in the philanthropic community
Close relationships with clients

ConsBenefits could be better - tuition reimbursement, 401k match

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees - take the time to hear their feedback and suggestions for making MicroEdge a better company, encourage and support continuing education

Apr 3, 2014

Good people is right - that's a solid foundation. You're clearly one of those! Thanks for your review.

Great experience, great people

Edina, MN

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time

ProsYou get to actually make a difference and contribute to the organization
Great visibility with the c-level
You are not "just a number" at MicroEdge - you are a contributing employee
I love the people I work with - it makes it easy to come to work everyday

ConsThey do tend to pay on the low end of the scale - however you get great experience to add to your resume that you can leverage for your future

Apr 3, 2014

Making an impact is one of the things we hear in Recruiting over and over...that's super important! Glad you're having a great experience here. Thanks for sharing!

Great place to start a career

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time for more than a year

Pros- You get to really know the people that you work with. We are all working in some capacity toward a bigger goal, our mission is really to help the philanthropic community thrive and succeed. The people that are most successful here are those that keep that in mind.
- You get a lot more experience than you would at a larger company.
- The people that work here are really great at their jobs, and are really good mentors toward the younger staff.
- They have a good benefits package.
- You get to meet and interact with most of upper management depending on what office you work in.
 - Room for advancement if you seek it out.

Cons- Sometimes the work load can be overwhelming.
-The pay is on the low side.
- I wish that more money were spent on fun activities for the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees. Give them more of your time and resources if you want them to be more successful. Show them that you care about them.

Dec 11, 2013

Thanks for the thoughtful review!

-Whitney

Great place to work at one time- but no longer

Sales (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking in the philanthropic community
Close relationships with clients
CEO is a decent guy (but on his way out)

ConsUsed to be a family atmosphere here, even as part of Advent Software. Clients paid premium prices but got decent value. After acquisition by Vista it became "all about the money". Clients now pay through the nose and have to deal with young, inexperienced employees who earn very little. The company shows little loyalty towards its employees or clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some people who clients can respect- not kids who know nothing about the field
Pay reasonable wages
Don't force employees to sign abusive non-compete agreements

Dec 11, 2013

I'd like to talk to you about your experiences and how you think we can improve things - will you email me? whauser@microedge -Whitney

Worked for MicroEdge? Contribute to the Community!

MicroEdge Videos

MicroEdge – Why Work for Us?

Established in 1985, MicroEdge, LLC is the leading provider of software and services to the giving community worldwide. MicroEdge solutions deliver a powerful, integrated, and open framework for efficient and effective… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MicroEdge reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MicroEdge CEO Kris Nimsger. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by MicroEdge employees.