MicroEdge

Updated September 7, 2014
3.8

MicroEdge CEO Kris Nimsger
Kris Nimsger

Growing software company with good people

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great working environment, positive people. No micro-managers and people are all striving for the same goal. Very flexible working hours and ability to work from home is a huge plus. Good meritocracy - the smart ideas that will positively affect the organization will win out.

Cons

Because its a small market the revenue isn't quite there for maximum earning potential for what you do. The organization can feel disparate at times - many people working remotely and not a lot of cross departmental collaboration. Could use more opportunities to foster employee interaction.

Keep up the good work! Keep listening to your teams and building on the strong growth in the past few years.

Sep 8, 2014Director of HR & Recruiting

Loving your "pros" list! We work at keeping our remote employees feeling like a part of things, and have systems in place to foster that cross departmental interaction you're talking about. Would ... More

Great leadership, collaborative culture

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Real people, excellent training, very collaborative and supportive culture. Invests in training and advancing employees.

Cons

Need to rely on a lot of entry level staff. Broad product knowledge required and very process-focused responsibilities with lean staff. No 401K match.

Add 401K match to benefits,

Good people, good mission, but salary and benefits could use some work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time

Pros

There is a great culture at MicroEdge! They really try to bring employees from all the departments and offices together for fun activities. Small company with high visibility to senior team members. The CEO,& CFO have a true open door policy. Paid time off to volunteer is also nice.

Cons

Salary is on the lower end for a software company and there is no 401k match. Doesn't offer a lot of room for growth in many of the smaller departments.

Sep 8, 2014Director of HR & Recruiting

Thanks for your feedback - we're constantly working at keeping folks engaged. Sounds like we're doing lots of things right, according to you!

microedge

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at MicroEdge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great small company. moving in the right direction after years of being stagnant.

Cons

no real room for growth because it is small

A very welcoming environment that really cares about my success and development.

Current Employee - Sales in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits package, PTO, and lots of paid training. Can carry over PTO from year to year.

Cons

Does not match 401k and no sick days. Only negative about PTO is that is must be accrued throughout the year.

More work day activities for people to participate in!

Great employer, great people...it's obvious they really care

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great leadership and training. This organization invests a lot in it's people and top performers have plenty of opportunity. Work environment and client base are overwhelmingly positive. Rigorous hiring and training practices lead to top-talent hiring, you will work with very intelligent people.

Cons

Complicated subject matter, there is a lot to learn about the product offerings. Process heavy at times, internal meetings and data entry can get in teh way of performance.

Key in on fewer, more mission critical processes and make sure those are being tracked fully and accurately.

Apr 3, 2014SR Manager HR & Recruiting

We're so glad you'd recommend us to your friends! You know about our employee referral bonus, right?

Thanks for the positive review - it's awesome people that make this a terrific company.

A job with satisfaction.

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Edina, MN

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My job makes me feel like I'm making a difference because I'm helping non-profits make better use of their time and energy, letting them get back to their missions. I feel very satisfied with my work.

Cons

I haven't experienced any yet. So far, I've found the company to be extremely accommodating to my requests and coworkers have been quite pleasant to be around.

Apr 3, 2014SR Manager HR & Recruiting

Five stars - woot! Thank you :)

Hires on potential not experience

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I think it is great that MicroEdge Hires on potential and not necessarily experience, It allows people just getting started to really get a head start on their career. I have a great relationship with my manager and my VP and have great access and visibility with the senior management team. ME hires on potential and invests a lot in new employee training, if they like you they are going to want to keep you.

Cons

Working remotely has many advantages, feeling connected to the organization is not one of them. there are a lot of employee engagement inititives that only apply to people in MN or NY.

Keep up the good work, continue to listening to your clients and employees.

Apr 3, 2014SR Manager HR & Recruiting

Thanks so much for the five-star review! I'd love to hear your ideas about getting and keeping remote employees engaged. Send me an email? whauser@microedge.com

Increase your knowledge and experience while working with dedicated people in a fun atmosphere.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

work/life balance, great experience, good leadership,

Cons

little to no career advancement once at management level due to size of the company.

Apr 3, 2014SR Manager HR & Recruiting

More than 10 years - woot! And you'd recommend us to a friend. That speaks volumes. Now, let's talk about your career path. Call me...you know my number!

Great opportunity to work alongside a varied workforce

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Able to interact with a broad section of the company and partner with multiple teams.
    Fellow employees are very welcoming of new hires and there is not the typical "seniority attitude" seen in so many other companies.
    Individuals are actually valued for their opinions and encouraged to find new ways of doing things.

Cons

Salary is not the highest, but the benefits are good. What they lack in significant pay they make up in an aggressive work/life balance.

Balance out the attention paid to both office. Can feel at times that the concentration is on MN over NY. You get the feeling that at any time an announcement will come that everything will be moving to MN.

Apr 3, 2014SR Manager HR & Recruiting

Thanks for the thoughtful review! We've been working behind the scenes on the NY office build out - wait'll you see it. Would love to hear other ideas: whauser@microedge.com