MicroMass Communications

Add Photos

Phil Stein

Nice people

Senior Writer (Former Employee) Cary, NC

ProsGreat people to work with, little involvement with upper management.

ConsTypical agency environment - only as stable as the book of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide clear vision.

Don't judge the book by it's cover.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsGood hours, great office space, open work environment.

ConsSeems like a fun environment to work in, but looks can be deceiving. There is a disconnect when it comes to communication within departments, and very little encouraging feedback. Lack of culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should hold themselves more accountable and offer positive feedback to employees. Offer training and ways to grow.

Changes have been made

ProsHealthy environment focused on culture, quality of work and the two partners genuinely care about the employees

ConsI wish people would not judge from the past. We have learned from experience and made this a great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you have been doing. The last 10 months have been difficult but we are so much better with the changes put into place.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyed the work, but highly unstable environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cary, NC

ProsWorthwhile, engaging work. Good pay and benefits.

ConsNo management or clear direction whatsoever. Good employees are constantly cut with no warning and no apparent reason other than cost savings. Communication is nonexistent. Consistency? Ditto. Company lacks strong leadership. Changes occur way too frequently. Employees have no confidence or trust in leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a plan and stick to it. Stop cutting jobs so frequently and foster some employee loyalty. Develop consistent, effective management.

Senior management needs to be replaced.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsBeautiful office park. Great weather.

ConsLots of politics and fighting between departments. Creative department has a revolving door thanks to an incompetent creative director. Account management is just starting to improve with a good hire at the top. Little understanding of advertising or direct response marketing.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverhaul the creative department. Too many C level personnel with overlapping duties. Behavioral science team needs to be in touch with customer behavior, not just patient behavior.

Terrible communication and lack of understanding for production process.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cary, NC

ProsPossibility of doing work that helps people on a certain pharmaceutical regimes. Also creating exciting products in a short cycle that could benefit your skills and portfolio.

ConsManagement gives free reign to advancement and creation of new titles. Roles, tasks and due dates are undefined. Suffers from extreme lack of communication. Posses a lack of understanding for web and technology and without the creative infrastructure to support it sales. Management's ardor or disapproval can change based on whimsical concerns.

Enjoyed my time there

Quality Analyst (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsGreat co-workers I really like the team I worked with.

ConsLots of deadlines really the only con if you don't like deadline oriented work.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnjoyed my time there I didn't work there long so I can't say much.

Working toward better methods to achieve goals.

Production Artist (Former Employee) Cary, NC

ProsYoung, forward-looking company that seems to always be seeking ways to improve how things are done. Good ideas for self-promotion and some good work for clients. Community-oriented and looking for ways to engage the workforce in the community to make it a better place to live and work for all.

ConsToo little communication between departments leads to missed opportunities to improve the workflow. Departments seem to organize into cliques and don't mingle well with other departments to some extent. Of course there are always exceptions to this and many people seem to be able to communicate easily with everyone in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working to make sure everyone in the company knows the goals of the company and how management plans to empower the workforce to achieve those goals.

Poor communication and disorganized work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice location, next to Koka Booth Amphitheatre.

ConsHighly unstable. Drama and politics, quality of work is an afterthought.

Worked for MicroMass Communications? Contribute to the Community!