Microchip Technology

Microchip Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Microchip Technology Chairman, President, and CEO Steve Sanghi

Steve Sanghi

Pros:
  • "If you like relaxed atmosphere and value work-life balance, this is the perfect company for you"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Great work culture, Provides technically challenging work and great work/life balance"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "Hectic Work , Low Pay ,No Innovations"
    in 6 reviews
  • "The technology here is very outdated and are not challenging or cutting edge at all"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople were nice, management was much more approachable than in other places.

ConsLack of focus by some individuals, which spread to others easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementFacilitate competition

Good company to work for.

Production Specialist (Current Employee)
    Gresham, OR

ProsCompressed schedule, decent pay and benefits, incentives for performance. The CEO keeps everyone informed about how well the company is doing on a quarterly basis. He also seems to make pretty good business decisions when the going gets tough.

Conscorporate politics, not enough supervisors per compressed shift for them to be truly engaged with performance management

A sense of empowerment and lots of great employees

ProsEmpowerment, great people, challenging work, some flexibilty in work/life balance

ConsSlow moving to catch up on newer technologies or systems

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Gresham, OR

ProsMicrochip is by far the best company I ever worked for. The atmosphere is really relaxed and they give you plenty of time to grow into your role. They also have excellent training program. If you like relaxed atmosphere and value work-life balance, this is the perfect company for you. I would have loved to kept working for them but some personal reasons forced me to relocate to a different city and I had to quit my job at Microchip.

ConsProbably more vacation time and better 401 K contribution.

Basically satisfied

Test Engineer (Current Employee)
    Chandler, AZ

ProsCo-workers are all very nice.

ConsNothing is really exciting here.

Microchip technology

ProsMicrochip has great working culture,

ConsMicrochip should provide more salary.

Great company, great people, great CEO

(Former Employee)
    Chandler, AZ

ProsThe culture at Microchip is one of the positives. It allows employees to be empowered to do their jobs at a high level and to make decisions that allow the company to succeed. Most of the people there work well together for the common goal of making Microchip the best it can be. The CEO communicates very well and does a lot to help out the employees. He tries to make it like a family and does a good job of it.

ConsThe HR department seems to have forgotten the guiding value "Employees are our greatest strength". I would have given the company 5 starts if it weren't for them. They let people go at the drop of a hat and before they do true due diligence. Even managers and people who have been there for a long time are not immune. Beware of HR there.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonitor your HR department. They should be getting rid of the bad ones and keeping the good ones. I think they have it backwards.

Flag Review
    Microchip Technology Employer Representative responded to this review May 8, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your review of Microchip. We really do appreciate your feedback.

As a representative of Human Resources, I would like to respond to your statement about letting people go prior to
    ... More

current employee

Test Engineer (Current Employee)
    Chandler, AZ

Prosrelaxed and low stress, good for someone who is seeking work life balance and don't care about growth and promotion.

Consnot much room to grow, slow or no innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management talks too much about culture which is really not reflected in lower levels.

Great Work/Life Balance Company

Principal Applications Engineer (Current Employee)
    Chandler, AZ

ProsGreat work/life balance company, relatively flat organization, easy access to top executive managements.

ConsSalary is not very competitive. Limited or no yearly merit increase and bonuses despite net revenue positive every quarter over the last 20 years. Very pathetic company contributions to 401K plan. Limited upward career opportunities within the company.

Perks (business class/economy premium flights, great bonuses, walled offices, etc) are reserved to management team despite company preaches employees are the greatest assets and org charts places individual contributors on top and managers at the bottom (upside down org chart).

Advice to Senior Management1) Improve company's contribution to the 401K plan.
    2) Reinstate yearly merit increase.

Microchip

Process Engineer (Former Employee)
    Puyallup, WA

ProsGreat people, very knowledgeable staff

ConsI was laid off after only being reemployed for several months

Worked for Microchip Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Microchip Technology Videos

Microchip Technology – Why Work for Us?

Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microchip Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microchip Technology CEO Steve Sanghi. All 122 reviews posted anonymously by Microchip Technology employees.