Microdesk Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Michael Delacey

Best Opportunity In The Business.

Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Super diverse staff. No greater group of technology professionals for AEC on the planet. If you are a self starter you will have everything you could ever want at your finger tips here and an unbelievably talented group of peers. Not even Autodesk has it's nose to the ground of what's happening in the industry the way this place does. It can be high pressure, especially if you're good at what you do, but everyone is down to earth and running at the same speed. I've easily made friends for life across the country from this one job and the tools it gave me access to rocketed my career. If you're good to them they're great to you.

Cons

They will give anyone a chance and they expect the same professionalism and performance from everyone. What this means is they do pick up a lot of bad apples who then get upset when they can't wear sandals to work or have to put in time on the weekend or aren't running the company in 3 months while not performing at their initial job. Some figurative crazies and some literal crazies do pass through those doors. People also like to pick on Mike Delacey as a creep because it's salacious. Mike will take you out for drinks every time he runs into you but also wont suffer a fool, which I appreciate. Again, this job is what you make it.

Advice to Management

They could be more proactive in terms of who to they want to keep. You give someone an opportunity to become an expert on the latest technology and then introduce them to 100 firms someone is going to steal that goose from you.

2. Great Company, Even Better People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Microdesk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vacation time. The staff is very welcoming and always offering up a hand to help you out. I always feel appreciated and like my input counts. Everyone I have worked with so far has been a pleasure and are looking out for the company as a whole.

Cons

Benefits are a bit pricey. Wish there was tuition reimbursement.

Advice to Management

Work to lower the benefits package to make it more affordable.

3. Microdesk Banker?

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Microdesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great Benefits -Opportunity to create all sorts of content -Lots of resources for technology -Employees are nice

Cons

-Management I find has no clue as to where things are going -No Work life/Balance -Lots of Stress for something that should not be -No Company culture -Wear a suite and tie for a position that does not require me to be in any meetings/ too much Deskside

5. Microdesk Growth without Compromise

I have been working at Microdesk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Team atmosphere - Compensation - Professional Development - Smart hiring - Self driven - flexibility

Cons

- Fast (like lightening) pace - Self driven - Weight gain from free food

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work!

Microstress is the truth - they do not have a clue how to run a successful company

Current Employee - Technical in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical in New York, NY

Pros

Vacation is generous - but you will never be able to take it (especially if you are in a sales/technical role) Technology is good

Cons

- favoritism - sexual harassment - very low morale - HR jumps ship as fast as they can - recruiter is defensive and unprofessional - Nashua location is spoiled, while the rest get no where near the same - benefits are outrageously expensive - CFO is clueless/arrogant/negative horrible person -CEO is walking sexual harassment lawsuit - other co-owner is non existent (Really? mickey mouse) - trying to buy their staff by spending crazy money on a trip to NE. No advancement within, you will be in the same role forever until you leave.

Advice to Management

QUIT!

7. Great Company

Current Employee - Office Support
    Current Employee - Office Support

I have been working at Microdesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great company... not micro managed... my input counts.... given the tools to succeed... folks are very supportive...I enjoy privately held companies because of this.

Cons

Can not think of any at this time....

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Social but unprofessional environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Pros

The people in Nashua were phenomenal and fun. Work events were fun. Social environment and camaraderie. Groups got together to drink after work regularly.

Cons

Job was nothing like described at hire. Unprofessional atmosphere at times. Drunks at the big company events. Passive aggressive behavior the norm. Quarter end sales rush destroys any shot at work-life balance every three months.

9. Fun company

Pros

Great staff. Incredibly smart technical team, responsive IT and HR. You will learn a lot here and get to see some amazing projects.

Cons

Travel. If you are not in a prime location expect to travel.

Advice to Management

N/A

10. Great Company with a Great Culture

Current Employee - Office Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Microdesk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really invest in their employees. Lots of perks to working here. Took everyone to New Orleans, willing to train to develop employees to make them well-rounded. Everyone is friendly and welcoming.

Cons

Growing a lot and a little disorganized but I know it will smooth itself out when we adjust to our new growth.

Advice to Management

Thanks for my job :)

Opposing coastal cultural gap....

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Microdesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management invested heavily on a great new professional image and office environment, large open well laid out spaces.... Space is inviting and allows for future growth. Health coverage is reasonable. There is a 401k match. All the coffee you can drink. Great overall company communication, with regular meetings.

Cons

Some employees were great but few were happy with the overall, no real company culture. Management focused on reporting and less on employee education and enhancement. More product less people. and maybe too many meetings...

RSS Feed </> Embed