Micron Technology Reviews in Lehi, UT

3.2

Micron Technology CEO and Director D. Mark Durcan
D. Mark Durcan

Pros
  • They overload you with work and never care about your work life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Good people, good pay at higher levels, better if you're in an Engineering or Lead role (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are embedded in operations or working in a global role, work-life balance is not guaranteed (in 22 reviews)

• Employees are recognized for time of service and long hours as much or more than their performance (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good or Bad

Former Employee - Control Room Operator  in  Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Control Room Operator in Lehi, UT

I worked at Micron Technology full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company and good benefits

Cons

The market has almost total control of the companay

Let your people expand their knowledge of the manufacturing process

Lots of data, lots of robots

Current Employee - Process Engineer  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Micron Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing process technology. Plenty of opportunities to stand out with potential wins in the millions of dollars. If you are a programming/math nerd and you get your foot in, and understand SQL/R/Python you will clean house with amazing solutions.

Cons

Sometimes things are too manual. If you are a programming/math nerd and you get your foot in, and understand SQL/R/Python you will clean house with amazing solutions (This is also a con).

Lay off 10% of your work force on a regular basis.

It was a job

Former Employee - Facilities Operations  in  Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Facilities Operations in Lehi, UT

I worked at Micron Technology

Pros

It was a job that got me some experiece in an industry I had an interest in how it worked. Before the down turns of the early Y2K era, stock options and profit sharing suplimented the salary to a point is was competitive. Even good on some years.
    Shift work allowed for multiple days off during the week without using up vacation time.

Cons

Very political in all aspects. It was a very much who you knew, socialized with, sucked up to that determined your career advancemnet oportunities within the company.
    Very often I felt as if I was just a number, no interest from supervision as to helping me prepare for and achieve advancement

Listen to the people you have on staff, we were not simply numbers, we have talents that got us the job, then ignored

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!