Micron Technology

Micron Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Micron Technology CEO and Director D. Mark Durcan

D. Mark Durcan

Pros
  • They overload you with work and never care about your work life balance(in 21 reviews)

• Good people, good pay at higher levels, better if you're in an Engineering or Lead role(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are embedded in operations or working in a global role, work-life balance is not guaranteed(in 20 reviews)

• Employees are recognized for time of service and long hours as much or more than their performance(in 16 reviews)

Great Company

Product Engineer (Current Employee) Boise, ID

ProsEngaging people and projects on the cutting edge of technology. Challenging issues from lithography and process to reliability and overall product quality. Northwest great place to live and work.

ConsWork life balance always a challenge when your career aspirations can drive skew this balance heavily to work side of the scales.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn 10+yrs I have never seen such an effort in management and leadership to make a really good company, a really great company. Lots of efforts around focus and alignment to insure we are a viable company for the future and communicating this to the team members regularly.

Improving company improving its business outlook as well as it's corporate culture.

Process Engineer II (Current Employee) Manassas, VA

ProsChallenging work that invites contributions from all members. Senior management very good at recognizing talent. Excellent HR development staff at the company.

ConsHigh stress. Limited career advancement job openings at many sites. Night shift can be draining mentally and physically. Company culture still lacking although it is improving.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve company culture and recognize contributions from high performing individuals

It's been good till now.

Design Verification Engineer (Current Employee) Folsom, CA

ProsWork/life balance is good, company growth rate has recently been great and is expected to continue.
    Wide portfolio of memory products.

ConsIt still needs to establish itself in the NAND market which is critical for future growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on improving Micron's position in the NAND market.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people and good benefits.

ConsThe is a large company culture with some bureaucracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay for performance was definitely a motivator for some and a good way to reward already outstanding employees

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Process Engineer

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Manassas, VA

Pros3-4 days/ week of 12 hour shift, giving a lot time off

ConsShift engineers can get "free ride" because performance is based on the team, not individual performance

Advice to Senior ManagementAssess individual performance more seriously

Engineer

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Boise, ID

Prosgood management, good company and people

ConsBoise is not a big city

Advice to Senior Managementnone

One year in - looking good.

Engineer (Current Employee) Boise, ID

ProsProfessional atmosphere; motivated coworkers; work/life balanced; promising outlook.

ConsCareer advancement slow; compensation is low-average; some dead weight in the company; must commit to Boise (which has few other engineering options if something happens).

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove efficiency to reduce overhead; get rid of "lifers" who are just barely performing; work to bring in other tech companies to Boise to make it a new tech hub.

good

Probe Engineer (Current Employee) Boise, ID

Prosvery relaxed work environment. bosses are fun loving

Consnot competitive for freshers, Not very flexible with timings

Advice to Senior Managementits good

Great experience, I learned a lot.

Product Engineer Intern (Current Employee) Boise, ID

ProsMicron takes care of their employees. Competitive pay and great benefits. On-site medical clinic and gym. Possibility to travel the world. Promotions are not based on education but performance. Everyone works together and is willing to help you meet your goals

ConsIt's in Boise, so it's not for everyone. Other than that I did not experience any other cons except the summer heat in Boise.

Great company with excellent benefits and flexible work environment.

Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) Boise, ID

ProsI started my career as a software engineer and advanced to a subject matter expert when I left 10 years later. There was never a dull moment at Micron. Enabling automation for a 24x7 factory was challenging but exciting. The opportunities for advancement are numerous. As long as you are adding value to the organization, you get complete freedom to do what you like to do and prove yourself. The organization structure is informal and flexible. Company promotes a good work-life balance.

ConsThe semi-conductor industry is highly competitive and requires constant upkeep with technological advancements. Failing to do so leads to loss of market share and eventually the company could be forced out of the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome tension exists across different production facilities of the company. Some sites feel their needs are underrepresented. This could be overcome by promoting cross-site dialogue and communication.

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!