Microsoft

Microsoft Reviews in India

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella

Satya Nadella

Pros
  • Really good work-life balance compared to other tech companies of the same caliber (in 688 reviews)

• Tons of super smart people working for the right reasons - to make a difference (in 893 reviews)

Cons
  • And there are times when the workload may impede on your work-life balance (in 476 reviews)

• The previous stack rank review system encourage a behavior that was very much individualist (in 369 reviews)

More Highlights
507 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Support engineering

Escalation Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat work culture
    Great work life balance
    You get to work on the latest technology
    Passionate about customers and technology
    Get to work with peers from across the globe
    Great work place and facilities provided

ConsLeaves have to be negotiated with peers
    Career opportunities reduce after growing to a certain level
    New performance model impacts top performers and is more in support of average or low performers

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in work from home
    Expose seniors to business side of things

Best environment to work and grow

Prosoffice culture, work life balance , quality of work , appreciation,salary

Conshave to work really hard to have an edge, very competitive

Program Manager

Program Manager (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Prosgood company and would suggest anyone joining unless your existing job is very bad or you don't have a job.

Consno cons except there is lot of politics

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good CEO

ProsEmployee Friendly
    Appraisal is good
    Training is very good and expertise is availble for all technologies

ConsIncrement is less
    Policy oriented so we need to learn the policy and no policy is employee favoured

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide good percentage of increment to employees

Good Company to work and learn

Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsTechnical Training, Corporate Etiquette and Team Work

ConsManagement is not good now-a -days

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed More trainings to provide effective management process as per new recruiter challenges. This is about Microsoft, Bangalore, India.

Good place to work, and grow.

Senior Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsOptimistic outlook on future, lots of opportunities for growth and learning. Work is challenging and satisfying. Great work life balance.

ConsNot many cons to working here. Some call it a retirement home, but I'd call them mature business practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess bureaucracy, and more agility. But keep the magic alive.

One of the best places to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVariety of products to work on. Mostly very smart peers to work with. Strong benefits. Very encouraging people around.

ConsNot many cons that I can think of. MIcrosoft is such an amazing company. I love the work there.

(Former employee)

Support Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosgood facilities, free food and a lotta things to learn, ok pay!!

Cons"Bias and totally non transparent management"
    The worst hiring process ever. The vendor hiring system should be completely stopped.No job security esp for vendor hires. Loads of work pressure and the worst part is you can see somebody worse than you growing next to you and you wont even know why. Growth can be just a fantasy.FYI your personal life will be shattered at the same time!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the hire and fire process...it completely ruins a persons career. And iwould highly appreciate the management to be more transparent to emplyees. Plus choose the right people. There are far better people who deserve that post!!

Big chaotic Monolithic engine...

Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Pros- Above average pay and benefits, but for some teams where the work sucks and/or its too hectic; I don't think they are justified in the compensation they receive for example in my case.

Cons- Several (barring some exceptions) Seniors or long time Microsoft'ians are very prejudiced and bigoted.
    - Starkly unconventional culture which most of them find difficulty to adhere to, but almost 80-85% get jelled in pretty good. I personally don't prefer it, but that's my opinion.
    - Let's do it in the next release attitude generally prevails,
    - Local management is not reliable as since the past 2+ years I have been here, there have been multiple churns, 5 manager changes and 3 team shifts... Projects keep getting shelved or moving back to Redmond.
    - Constant pressure to always do better - no cooling off period or plateau option

My work experience is adventurous and satisfying

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsFlexible work hours, great pay and satisfactory work culture

ConsToo big an organization so growth is not exponential

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!