Microsoft

Microsoft Reviews in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 4, 2014

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella

Satya Nadella

Pros
  • Really good work-life balance compared to other tech companies of the same caliber(in 675 reviews)

• Tons of super smart people working for the right reasons - to make a difference(in 886 reviews)

Cons
  • And there are times when the workload may impede on your work-life balance(in 474 reviews)

• The previous stack rank review system encourage a behavior that was very much individualist(in 367 reviews)

23 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A great place to tie your passion to your daily work

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood pay; great vision

ConsMicrosoft is having some growing pains with the acquisition of Nokia.

decent place

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (Former Employee) Washington, DC

Prosgood management, decent progression, great technology

Consinternal politics, all offices are not the same

Advice to Senior Managementbe more transparent and reachable

Strong Roots and looking to change the world

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsMicrosoft has some very smart people working here, you can learn something from everyone. From the seasoned veteran to the new college hire. We all share the same drive to be better and help our customers succeed.

ConsWe have been slow to see the trends early enough but we have changed that recently.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your frontline employees and to your customers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What an amazing company to work for !

Senior Account Technology Specialist (ATS) (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat technology, good pay, among the best health benefits, and very smart co-workers. I worked for Microsoft in its heyday and it will be the greatest company I've ever worked for.

ConsIn the past 5 years or so Microsoft has become a revenue focused company with licensing being the primary objective of customer interactions & employee measurement.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the EPG space your people and their relationships with Enterprise customers are your most valuable asset.

overall good experience

Program Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Prosopen, multiple products, rich resources

Conslack of creativity and coverage

Advice to Senior Managementbe really creative to build "wow" products

Microsoft -Account Manager

Account Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Prosgood salary, ok benefits until the recent changes to healthcare, strong portfolio of products, name recognition

Consthe stack ranking review process is all about politics, commission is not competitive in the market, quotas are ridiculously high

Advice to Senior Managementget rid of the current stack ranking review process, assign quota fairly

Great company who cares about their employees!

Program Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsBenefits and the sense of giving back to the community.

ConsAt times Microsoft gets in it's own way to innovate and quickly react to changing conditions. It can be hard to manage work-life balance and be successful.

Great company and work environment, could be better managed

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAccess to experts on Microsoft technologies, great pay and benefits, interesting work, immediate customer respect based on company affiliation (in most cases)

ConsMicrosoft Consulting Services has minimal focus on employee career growth despite continuous claims of being people-focused. Constant manager turnover and too many employees per direct-line supervisor contribute to these issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdapt MCS to align more closely with the July 2013 business group realignment. Do a better job of selling devices.

I was happy working for Microsoft for 9 years - it's a great company and the leadership believes in their employees.

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsMicrosoft has unbeatable benefits, intelligent coworkers and a wealth of resources to help you with your job. They don't politics get in the way of you being successful at your position, and try to eliminate the roadblocks.

ConsIt's a large company, so if you are not in Redmond it's difficult to navigate. If you are not, it's tricky to network and find the right contacts.

Advice to Senior ManagementReinstate more telework positions.

Long term employee .. mixed support and value of experience

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsOpportunities abound to move about and find different things.

ConsReview system is broken and has caused the loss of many non-replaceable assets.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your people.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!