Microtech-Tel

Microtech-Tel Reviews

3.7

Sam Kumar

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Former Billing and Provisioning Specialist Now Project Manager/SE in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Microtech-Tel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A great place to work if you want to work hard you will be rewarded with opportunities for personal and professional growth. There are numerous employees that have been working with and for MTT for 10+ years. An amazing place for technology learning opportunities and career growth. A stable company with a long standing history. We continue to grow and expand into new areas of technology.

Cons

None that I have seen in the 2 years I have been here.

Thank you for treating me with respect and listening to my opinions and vision. I love feeling like I am a part of the MTT family. You are always willing to help out and encourage us to expand our knowledge.

Fresh Start in a new career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Microtech-Tel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was given the opportunity to work with MicroTech-Tel, I came in with multiple years of customer service and sales experience but nothing in the world of telecom. Everyone from the President of the company down is more than willing to help out when need. Good experience with plenty of opportunity for growth.

Cons

Nothing at this point, I have only been with the company for a short time.

Best Company I've ever worked for!!!

Current Employee - Billing and Provisioning Specialist in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Billing and Provisioning Specialist in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Microtech-Tel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great management, great pay, wonderful atmosphere! Challenging work with much reward. Everyone here is so easy going and respectful, we work hard and we play hard. The way we all communicate and do everything with our Customer in mind is why we are successful. This company has done very well and will continue to do well with what I see on a daily basis.

Cons

I do not see any cons working for this company.

I love the way you treat us like a family, I truly wake up every day looking forward to coming into the office. Keep up the good work!!!

Horrific, Terrible, Lack Luster, Criminal, Not A good place to work

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Englewood, CO

I worked at Microtech-Tel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No such thing at this company this company is terrible organized and doesn't make professional choices

Cons

Dis organized,non professional not friendly, they throw you into training with no actual training and expect you to get everything within a snap of your fingers if not you are out the door the president of the company is a liar and very sneaky.

I was fired after 1 month of working there I had a pre existing condition and still was fired for having a severe panic attack while at work and could not make it in till the end of the week. This company does not have the right to fire people for sicknesses. I even had doctors notes and was let go the following day I came back and was told my performance was not condusive to the current work flow. However I feel the reason I was let go because of my health which in the state of COLORADO IS ILLEGAL PERIOD!!!!!yes you might have great parties and food and Fridays but that doesn't give you an excuse to treat your employees like crap!!!! Sam Kumar is not kind and money hungry with drive but not exact idea to focus on to deliver .if you have the option to work here I would not look forward to the bonus is almost impossible to get but sam will swear that you can get a bonus. The staff is also terrible and not friendly.

Great company to work for

I have been working at Microtech-Tel

Pros

I've had the pleasure working for Microtech-Tel for almost 3 years. Our culture demonstrates a work hard and you will succeed model. If you are looking for a company who rewords talent, agile and has fun, this is the company for you.

Cons

This is a fast pace company with aggressive goals. If you are looking to collect a paycheck and watch the clock, this is not the company for you.

Employee Environment at Microtech-Tel

I have been working at Microtech-Tel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Having been working in the Telecom Industry for 20+ years with 13 consecutive years at XO Communications, I decided to pursue an opportunity with Microtech-Tel for career growth. The opportunities are numerous given that the company is rapidly expanding in the Cloud Computing and Communications business. Employees who exhibit proactive characteristics with a strong work ethic and desire to make a difference have been promoted regularly. Those who lack these values will inevitably struggle. The growth of the company outpaces current industry norms and those who wants to grow, prosper, and succeed will find a career at Microtech-Tel to be rewarding and fulfilling.

Cons

With any high growth company, especially in the Cloud business, formal processes are still needed but the company is taking proactive measures to add processes and controls as it further grows.

Continue to reward employees with promotions, merit increases, and on the spot rewards for performance.

Excellent Company to Grow with

Current Employee - Vice President in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Vice President in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Microtech-Tel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse organization dedicated to employee success. I have personally known the ownership team for close to 12 years. These folks are very loyal and operate with the best intent. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking to move forward both technologically and professionally.

Cons

With any high paced technology company, there will always be changes in staff. If you are driven to win and have a positive attitude, you will enjoy working here. Effort and results do equal reward here and I can personally verify that.

Continue moving forward despite negative reviews from folks who couldn't cut it here. There are plenty of people here now who had the exact clear cut objectives that are winning and winning each and every single day.

A fast-paced company with endless possibilities

Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Microtech-Tel full-time

Pros

I have worked for Microtech-Tel for 2 years and my favorite part of the job is working with people who share a common goal – advancement. It’s a company full of progressive people who are constantly working together to move the company forward and bring success to everyone. The advancement opportunity is endless in this company because the management team is fully vested in the employees. In this company, admins have become engineers, techs have become officers of the company, and paper runners have become profitable sales representatives.

The company works with local schools and immediately places entry level engineers in the operations center so that they can begin putting their education to use in a promising environment. They also support continued education, making it possible for engineers to attain additional certifications which betters them and the company.

It is also an open forum company that respects the rights of employees to voice their concerns – whether they are favorable or not. You can’t please everyone at all times and some employees, no matter what you do for them, are never satisfied. The negative opinions of this company have usually come from people who were reprimanded for failing to deliver what they agreed upon. You cannot have a job anywhere and expect to stay employed if you don’t show up and do your part- especially if you are in a supervisory position.

There may be some negative opinions here, but there are 50 more people on the payroll who would not concur with them at all.

Cons

Microtech-Tel is a company with high standards for employees because they have high standards for themselves. That doesn't make it a fit for anyone. This company is a fit for career minded people who want to work as a team to learn, grow and make a difference.

I am the founder and president of Microtech-Tel and I am defending the bad review we got from an our ex-employee

Current Employee - Founder and President in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Founder and President in Denver, CO

I have been working at Microtech-Tel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

we have employees who have been working here for more than 20 years. we do provide a happy and healthy environment to work here. we treat them well with respect. we provide training, opportunities to move up and make more money, For the 10th anniversary of our company we took our employees to Las Vegas and celebrated our success. we handed out employee awards. For our 25th anniversary, we are taking our employees and their spouses to Breckenridge, CO and celebrating our success and we are also handing out awards. we work hard to retain our employees. we truly believe that our most important asset is our employees. we have grown our revenue in double digits for the last 4 years. we do provide great customer service. As an immigrant, I am most grateful to America for all the opportunities she has given me and made me successful. In return I have created 50 well paying jobs in America and paid millions of dollars in all kinds of taxes. Thank you for your support. Sam V Kumar

Cons

This company is not suitable for people who just want a pay check and not willing to work hard to become successful.

we have built a rock solid management team that work well together for the betterment of our employees and our customers. we will continue this tradition for many more years to come.

Love the Self Reviews - Biased Viewpoint of this Employer

Former Employee - Outside Technician
    Former Employee - Outside Technician

I worked at Microtech-Tel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It appears current employees are extremely happy and that there was an obvious effort to mandate posting on this site to boost your reviews by loading the site with fluff reviews. Older employees who have been there a long time are mean and bitter and do not treat new employees well.

Cons

Reality is limited by biased internal reviews.

The 8/16 management meeting regarding the need to post reviews to this website has succeeded!

Microtech-Tel Response

Sep 9, 2013president

dear former employee
    Every one of our reviews are genuine and written by our employees. There is no fake review here. There is no effort to mandate posting on this site.
    please do call me and we
    ... More