Mid America Clinical Laboratories

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dianne VanNess

Just Okay...

Medical Technologist (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsMultiple locations in Indiana allow more flexibility to work close to home. Annual performance-based bonus opportunity possible.

ConsReactive, not proactive. Poor training program. Management does not actively involve employees in determining solutions to problems, ways to improve. Little interest shown in employee satisfaction. Salary is based on years of experience, not competency/skills/contribution of employee. Very small step-up in pay for promotion to higher levels (lead tech, supervisor). Compensation is disappointing overall.

I can not recommend MACL to anybody

Medical Technologist (Former Employee)
    Central, IN

ProsMy experience with this company has left with nothing positive to share with prospective employees. I can think of no true positives about this company to share.

ConsPolicies not enforced consistently across the different facilities. Training programs are non-existent. Opportunities to move to other MACL facilities limited by the needs (staffing level, current major projects such as computer/instrument installs) of the facility you are currently working.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with dignity and respect. My co-workersand I felt that management did not see us as people with lives and families but only as a means to acheive their goals. Stop putting profit ahead of quality patient care.

Recently turned over to Mid America Clinical Laboratories

Phlebotomist (Current Employee)
    Bedford, IN

ProsDouble-time on recognized holiday's. Paid time off is acquired. Some of our previous hospital techniques have become easier to manage and we're now considered a STAT laboratory.

ConsPatient system is a DOS program that does not meet the needs of a hospital setting, very low tech (used by all MACL locations). Tight on the budget and lost some great supplies and earned some that our less safe in terms of patient contact.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have been in operation for many years. Please, respect that before you attempt to change the entire outlook and operation of our company overnight.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

NOT "Best Places to Work"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe medical benefits and fellow co-workers.

ConsThere is a lot of turnover in management and staff. Being told by your manager you are not allowed to go to HR for issues. HR knowing this is happening and not doing anything about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employee's fairly and give raises/promotions when due and deserved to keep morale up.

Labaoratory technician

Laboratory Technician (Current Employee)

ProsIf you have a medical, chemical or biological degree...this would be a good beginning opportunity.

ConsAs with any laboratory job....there are many hours worked during the evening and overnight. If you have small children or prefer a day job, most laboratory work would not be for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough a very enjoyable job, the pay is fairly low which makes for a high turnover rate. It would be helpful for management to offer more positive feedback to their employees.

Worked for Mid America Clinical Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mid America Clinical Laboratories reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mid America Clinical Laboratories CEO Dianne VanNess. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Mid America Clinical Laboratories employees.