Mid Hudson Medical Group

KKKimKim

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Fishkill, NY
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Fishkill, NY

I worked at Mid Hudson Medical Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

People I worked with and for were caring, great personalities, easy to work for, team players, love their patients, strong adversaries for medical care, etc... I miss each and every person I worked with!

Cons

I Have no cons about this company.

Company seems like a dream to work for at first, but...

I worked at Mid Hudson Medical Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Their benefit package is not the greatest and certainly not the cheapest, but they are one of the very few medical facilities in the area that offer "no charge" or "written off charges" for their employees and immediate family for any doctor or any procedure/visit at their group. That was a big perk that I know I will miss, but with big changes possibly coming to the group who knows if this perk will continue. The coworkers at the "working level" that have survived MHMG so far are awesome people and a pleasure to work with... and that's the biggest perk I will miss.

Cons

Company seems like a dream to work for at first, but one soon realizes that they are very disorganized and unfair to their employees. They will take control of your life and expect you to sleep and breathe MHMG with as little compensation as they can give. Realize there are politics with every job, but this company has more than its share when it comes to this and it starts at the very top.

Management needs to lead by example... and upper/mid management at MHMG is extremely disorganized and is reactive rather than proactive. Allow lower level people who have the enthusiasm, inspiration and qualifications to advance to improve themselves to do so no matter what their job title is.

Terrible company to work for

Former Employee - Medical Assistant  in  Kingston, NY
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Kingston, NY

I worked at Mid Hudson Medical Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits were okay, mid-level providers are wonderful

Cons

Management and HR are a joke. No support for the employee. It's perfectly okay for a doctor to grab an employee and curse at them in front of other employees and patients. When this happened to me, I was told I had to continue working with the provider for at least a year.

Listen to your employees Train managers so they know how to handle situations such as assault, verbal abuse, and bullying. I went to two managers and was told by one, "there's nothing I can do". The other (direct manager) I was told, "to talk to the doctor that grabbed me, he's cool". When I was hired I was told "he" can be tough to work with, I didn't realize that meant he physically and verbally abuse employees on a personal level! WAKE UP! As a result I quit my job.........felt like there was no support or backing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is a good company to work for

Current Employee - Nurse  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Current Employee - Nurse in Poughkeepsie, NY

I have been working at Mid Hudson Medical Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The economy is bad, so healthcare is the place to be. Friendly coworkers make it a nice place to work.

Cons

No performance reviews and no raises. Very little in the way of work incentive or job security.

Upper management seems to do a good job, but lower management could be much better. The next time you hire a site manager make sure they have expierance in healthcare.

Excellent

Current Employee - Billing  in  Fishkill, NY
    Current Employee - Billing in Fishkill, NY

I have been working at Mid Hudson Medical Group

Pros

From the mgmt down, very professional and supportive of staff members, peers are easy to work with and support each other.

Cons

See below for management's view

Watch out for gossipy and problematic employees...especially those that have been there a long time and can make it difficult for newer employees by saying things that should be kept to themselves regarding management, work envirnment.

Has turned from a family practice enjoyable experience to a corporate cold steely eyed conglomorate.

I worked at Mid Hudson Medical Group

Pros

Compensation was good. Peers were enjoyable to work with. Immediate supervisors were good for the most part. Work conditions and equipment were well maintained.

Cons

Upper echelon corporate heads were inapproachable, uninformative , and depended on negative feedback from flunkies who used their positions to climb upward while discarding and throwing away those that really cared about patients.

Listen to employees and subordinates about ideas. Promote from within without depending on tattling underlords trying to get ahead. Give positive feedback. Try not to live by the almighty buck for once and care about patients and families.

Worked for Mid Hudson Medical Group? Contribute to the Community!