Mid-South Community College

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
4.5

CEO

Great Place to work and serve

I worked at Mid-South Community College

Pros

Great employees who are committed to their roles

Cons

Community is highly impoverished making funding a major challenge

You will learn a lot.

Current Employee - Paraprofessional in West Memphis, AR
    Current Employee - Paraprofessional in West Memphis, AR

I have been working at Mid-South Community College part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are so many wonderful people at the company that make working there a pleasure. There's definitely a strong sense of culture. Additionally, working in the field of education provides so much personal fulfilment.

Cons

The pay isn't too good so if you plan to work here, you really have to be passionate about what you're doing. Also, there aren't any benefits for part-time workers. Because it's an educational institute, there are several days a year when you are off work for holiday purposes. If you're part-time, you don't get paid, and this is detrimental to those of us who have responsibilities. I have been in my department for more than four years, and I have yet to receive a raise though I am always applauded on my excellent contributions to the department.

Make sure to implement a morale program. It is essential that your associates are happy because they work directly with the clients. Discontentment among employees can, unfortunately, be expressed in their interaction with clients. If you treat your employees as if they're important, then they will go far and beyond to make sure that your department/organization is a success.