MidMichigan Health

www.midmichigan.org
  www.midmichigan.org

MidMichigan Health Reviews

Diane Postler-Slattery, Ph.D., F.A.C.H.E.

Therapist

I worked at MidMichigan Health

Pros

Great team atmosphere, flexibility, employee development, and opportunity to care for people in meaningful ways within your professional discipline and department.

Cons

Unfortunately, like other healthcare enterprises, MidMichigan Health must run as a business which across the healthcare industry can reduce focus on quality patient care. However, patient care is strong at MidMichigan health regardless of budget constraints.

Survey floor employees more frequently to gather meaningful data for decision making.

Management assistant

I worked at MidMichigan Health full-time

Pros

Good co-workers, job was flexible.

Cons

Being an affiliate of Mid-Michigan Health is like being the red headed step child.

Great learning opportunity and great people to work with

Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Midland, MI

I have been working at MidMichigan Health

Pros

Very friendly community, Smart professional people, open to change, Knowledgeable, continuous learning opportunities

Cons

Smaller hospital system, sites can be spread out.

So far, very educational yet equally frustrating due to the rapid way in which everything has to be done.

Current Employee - Surgical Technician in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Surgical Technician in Midland, MI

I have been working at MidMichigan Health

Pros

The teamwork amongst OR personnel, the variety of cases, and state- of -the- art OR's. Also, Midland is a very nice place with a mix of big city and rural.

Cons

As mentioned above, the rapid pace seems to take the focus away from a disciplined approach to patient care and meticulous attention to detail.

Pay attention to the staff that are on the front lines in regard to policy decisions because they are the ones who can estimate their true efficacy.

Caos

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Midland, MI

I have been working at MidMichigan Health

Pros

The salary is good compared to other jobs in the area. There is a lot of customer contact if you enjoy working with the public.

Cons

I was hired as a causal employee where I worked 40 hours a week for six months with no benefits. After that my status was re-evaluated and they made me a part time employee. The culture of the organization is terrible. Upper management likes to instill a fear among the organizations general employees. There is a lot of finger pointing and back stabbing. The turnover rate is really high because people are constantly being fired or quit because of poor leadership from management. There is no sense of team unity. Bonuses are based on surveys completed by no more than thirty people. Because they are always short staffed the training is not comprehensive. The organization constantly asks their employees to go above and beyond just to keep their positions while giving them nothing more than the minimum in return.

Treat your employees better. The way that employees are treated is reflected in the care that they give customers. With all of the time and money that is invested in training each employee, it would be wise treat them as though they are a valuable asset to the company. Instilling fear in your employees stifles ideas to improve the company and it is important to get feedback from those actually doing the work. The communication between the different departments is terrible and the customers suffer because of it. Utilizing up to date information technology is a way to solve this problem. The processes of the organization need to change.

I felt this hospital was very dis-respectful to it's employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, OH

I worked at MidMichigan Health

Pros

Flexible scheduling
    Great co-workers
    Hospital is very modern compared to others in the area
    Wonderful location in a beautiful city

Cons

Low pay compared to other hospitals in the area
    No benefits or paid time off for "occasional" employees
    Management has their own agenda for their particular department
    Dis-respect from management
    They do not respect employees working two jobs

I held a second part time job that Mid-Michigan knew about and hired me anyway. After three months of being hired, I was confronted by management to either choose my Mid-Michigan or my part time job. Management did not care that I worked two jobs to support my family and gave me an ultimatum to choose one or the other. In my opinion, a very poor management decision was made.

A good employer, values and vision are positive

I have been working at MidMichigan Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In the turbulent health care industry, MidMichigan remains a positive place to work. The values and mission of the organization are positive and management strives to live up to these.
    Benefits and salary are good.
    MidMichigan Health places value on striving to be excellent and to provide excellent service to our customers.
    Strong financial performance over the years.

Cons

With some recent changes in upper management due to retirements, some of the focus on caring for employees and seeking employee input has diminished.
    Company policies are becoming a bit more rigid.
    Financial considerations seem to be overriding other values at times, although this is true in the healthcare industry as a whole.

Don't lose the values and vision that have made this a great place to work. Seek employee input, Look for ways to be more flexible.

Being such a large company, I feel management is out of touch with the working people that bring in the revenue.

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at MidMichigan Health

Pros

Overall good payscale, flexible schedules available and good benefits. Being a large company there are limited but possible opportunities for growth and change in work sites and personal development.

Cons

A company need to treat everyone equally, leads to very little recognition for those who excel at what they do or go above and beyond the normal work duties. Supervisors and Managers get promoted by sticking around long enough, despite lacking the necessary tools of the trade.

Listen more closely to your workers and professional staff. Be willing to act proactively rather than in response to competition. Try to be a leader and rely on qualified staff for innovative ideas. Add new personnel to management that was groomed outside the MidMichigan model.

Employer that has no respect for their employees.... they treat everyone as disposable. God forbid a new idea is sugges

I worked at MidMichigan Health

Pros

some staff... mainly mid level providers

Cons

no respect
    no want to improve
    are willing to put an employee in financial hardship by garnishing wages from mediccal bills, which were being made... with no sympathy that sign other laid off of work for greater than 1 yr

stand behind your words. keep promises that you give. respect physicians as they need to be respectd.

Great Organization, Great Vision

I worked at MidMichigan Health

Pros

Excellent Values, Common purpose among employees and management. Patient safety is taken very seriously. Well known organization in the area.

Cons

The performance appraisals have beis en changed and everyone gets the same yearly increase. This encourages poor performers to perform poorly.

Bring back performance based pay. Do not allow poor performers to be promoted. Eliminate poor performers. Change the duties of those that refuse to change their attitude.