MidMichigan Health Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Diane Postler-Slattery, Ph.D., F.A.C.H.E.
1 Rating

1. Physical Therapist

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Midland, MI
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Midland, MI

I worked at MidMichigan Health

Pros

Flexible hours, some opportunities for program development

Cons

Low accountability, low continuing education funds, low positional advancement, average salaries,

2. Patient Accounts

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Alma, MI
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Alma, MI

I have been working at MidMichigan Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent organization to work for..very involved with the community...staff is excellent...patient care is top priority

Cons

I've worked here for 14 years and I don't have any cons

Advice to Management

Management is wonderful...they care about the employees

3. Has become focused on the bottom-line and productivity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

I have been working at MidMichigan Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Does have some visionaries to move healthcare forward

Cons

employees are overworked, under appreciated

Advice to Management

the little things do count, paperwork time, more cleaning/maintenance and time to go that extra step for patients to make it the best experience.

5. Friendly staff throughout the facility.

I have been working at MidMichigan Health

Pros

Overall friendly staff and friendly physicians and PAs/NPs. Nice spacious private rooms for patients and affiliated with University of Michigan hospital.

Cons

Like any other business out there, this hospital is about saving/making the almighty dollar. Which means do more with less. I think that this can come at the cost of adequate patient care...

Advice to Management

Remember that the reason we are in this field is to help patients...

6. Good Benefits

I have been working at MidMichigan Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits were pretty good considering the current state of healthcare. Company values were ok, but could use some work.

Cons

Those in Midland which is where the corporate headquarters are feel they are more entitled and important than those who work at other affiliates. Midland accrued more PTO, had higher salaries, better job titles, etc.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and promote based on skills, not where a person works or who they work for.

Therapist

I worked at MidMichigan Health

Pros

Great team atmosphere, flexibility, employee development, and opportunity to care for people in meaningful ways within your professional discipline and department.

Cons

Unfortunately, like other healthcare enterprises, MidMichigan Health must run as a business which across the healthcare industry can reduce focus on quality patient care. However, patient care is strong at MidMichigan health regardless of budget constraints.

Advice to Management

Survey floor employees more frequently to gather meaningful data for decision making.

8. Management assistant

I worked at MidMichigan Health full-time

Pros

Good co-workers, job was flexible.

Cons

Being an affiliate of Mid-Michigan Health is like being the red headed step child.

Great learning opportunity and great people to work with

Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Midland, MI

I have been working at MidMichigan Health

Pros

Very friendly community, Smart professional people, open to change, Knowledgeable, continuous learning opportunities

Cons

Smaller hospital system, sites can be spread out.

10. So far, very educational yet equally frustrating due to the rapid way in which everything has to be done.

Current Employee - Surgical Technician in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Surgical Technician in Midland, MI

I have been working at MidMichigan Health

Pros

The teamwork amongst OR personnel, the variety of cases, and state- of -the- art OR's. Also, Midland is a very nice place with a mix of big city and rural.

Cons

As mentioned above, the rapid pace seems to take the focus away from a disciplined approach to patient care and meticulous attention to detail.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the staff that are on the front lines in regard to policy decisions because they are the ones who can estimate their true efficacy.

Caos

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Midland, MI

I have been working at MidMichigan Health

Pros

The salary is good compared to other jobs in the area. There is a lot of customer contact if you enjoy working with the public.

Cons

I was hired as a causal employee where I worked 40 hours a week for six months with no benefits. After that my status was re-evaluated and they made me a part time employee. The culture of the organization is terrible. Upper management likes to instill a fear among the organizations general employees. There is a lot of finger pointing and back stabbing. The turnover rate is really high because people are constantly being fired or quit because of poor leadership from management. There is no sense of team unity. Bonuses are based on surveys completed by no more than thirty people. Because they are always short staffed the training is not comprehensive. The organization constantly asks their employees to go above and beyond just to keep their positions while giving them nothing more than the minimum in return.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. The way that employees are treated is reflected in the care that they give customers. With all of the time and money that is invested in training each employee, it would be wise treat them as though they are a valuable asset to the company. Instilling fear in your employees stifles ideas to improve the company and it is important to get feedback from those actually doing the work. The communication between the different departments is terrible and the customers suffer because of it. Utilizing up to date information technology is a way to solve this problem. The processes of the organization need to change.

RSS Feed </> Embed