MidWest Expansion Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jonathan Schultz

Amazing Opportunity

ProsAfter leaving the only full time job I'd ever had, I had no idea what I was going to do. I only had experience in Church ministry, and no churches were hiring. After countless interviews with business's, no one would hire me and I felt hopeless. JT (CEO) was the only person to give me a second round interview. He took me in and gave me a shot. I ended up doing really well and I still am! Thanks to his risk, I have an amazing job.

JT (CEO) gets shot down on a lot of these sites and people describe him like some kind of "Grinch who stole Christmas". But I've found him to be quite the opposite. He is a genuine and caring leader. He is also an incredible motivator and teacher. Id gladly oppose anyone who says different.

ConsAny road to success is painful. This one is no different. The money making opportunity is very real but so is the effort that it takes to get there. My only con is seeing people take advantage of JT by not producing sales and still taking a check.

Good opportunity for the right person

In Store Marketing Representative (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsI worked at Midwest for about 4 months. I enjoyed my time there as I learned many new skill sets. I was placed on the DTV campaign and made it through training to become a retail marketing/sales rep. during my employment I saw 2 team leaders get promoted to run their own office. One team leader was my trainer and she has become very successful running her own location. I never had a problem with management or compensation. Many reps made well over $1000 per week.

ConsAlthough they hire for entry level marketing reps, they will not keep employees who just want to sell DTV. I lost my opportunity because I did not advance fast enough to become a trainer along with some car problems at the time.

Advice to Senior Managementwish they would give people a little more time to make it through training. Thankful for the reference letter after I was let go. It helped me start my new career!

A horrible company to work for

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsThere are no real pros for working for this company besides the hours are reasonable.

ConsThey sell you in the interview process that there are chances to move up within the company, you don't know exactly what product you are selling until training starts, they say they are not door to door, but they will move to a "canvasing" position if you are not progressing fast enough within a week. At times you are legitimately harassing people in retail stores. I worked with this company until I found something better and asked to be released. It took them over 2 months to send me my paycheck and when they did it did not accurately reflect the amount of hours and time I worked for them. The manager is always late. When you are asked to be at the office at 11 o'clock, they will show up 30 minutes after.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to your workers and there want be so much turnover within your organization. Be more organized and stop being late. This reflects poorly on your business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Midwest Expansion Group is a great place to start & build your career!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsGreat advancement opportunity
    Travel
    100% Promotions from within
    Management Training Program

ConsYou have to be driven & committed and ready for a career to make this work.

Worked for MidWest Expansion Group? Contribute to the Community!