Middough Consulting

Add Photos

Ronald Ledin

electrical

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosgreat environment professional colleagues and responsible human resources

Consthere are basically no major challenges - there is usual work not much technically challenged

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Worked on 1 project

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsHired me when I was laid off

Consno stability, staff hired and laid off at the whim of management, several offices opened and closed within 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourself and find qualified replacements

Mixed bag experience

Support Staff (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThe chance to contribute was good, and most of the engineers and architects were professional and team oriented.

ConsThe atmosphere was Draconian and pressure filled.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

over 10 years technical manager

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

Prosgood employees, flexible hours, middle benefits

Consterrible upper management, all yes men or fired, charged for company owned parking, extremely cheap with employees, gouge clients, little room for growth, everyone afraid for your job

Advice to Senior Managementhire salesmen, no incentive to bring in work

Company does not value employees

Project Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly people; flexible work hours; ample parking; good medical and dental benefits package. OK to work here if you are an engineer or chargeable to the client.

ConsEmployees are not valued; no development programs; no 401k matching; only 5 holidays; no employee events i.e. family picnic; company is extraordinarily top-heavy with management who are not chargeable to clients. As soon as you become not chargeable to the client, you will be laid-off.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to value employees through compensation and recognition.

Company politics prevail over objectivity.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsVast diversity of projects. Some great mentors, peers, & friends

ConsWhite list employees vs black list employees. White listers walk on water & black sink--regardless of performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementReign in poor performers fairly and across political barriers

Poorly Managed Company, Extremely Top Heavy with Plenty of Managers and Little Results

Structural Engineer (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsProjects, when they have them, are very interesting and as a structural engineer, I enjoyed the diversity and challenges they presented.

ConsExtremely poor management. They treat employees as if they are dispensable according to their incredibly sporadic workload. Massive amounts of work for a period of time and then nothing. The OakBrook office is down to the bare bones now. After laying off/furloughing a good portion of their engineers, project assistants and such, they have the nerve to schedule an interviewing open house not but a few months later. I would only recommend if you are desperate. And then, expect to get laid off sometime in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your jobs, bring in work consistently. Plan for slow times. Hire and fire is never a good long term plan.

Low expectations of an Engineering House barley met by Middough

Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsEngineers and designers were generally good people and pleasant fellow employees. Location had good access to expressways and was a very nice building with covered parking.
    Pay was good and hours were flexible.

ConsUpper management knew how to do small consulting T& M projects, but has no clue on how to manage large capital projects, much less manage engineers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the Old Boy network of managers and get some real project managers. Real project mangers who know how to deal with clients and not just beat team members over the head when the project scope increases and the manger does not get increased hours.

It's Okay

Engineer (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsCare about employees, try not to layoff anyone.

ConsLow on pay rate, benefits, really not big jobs, just long term relationships with current clients. No new exciting work.

Advice to Senior Managementbring back day after Thanksgiving holidy, 401k matching and get better medical and dental plans.

Place is a Revolving Door

Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsGood Experience... it's a place where you can get some good Process Engg experience if you are lacking in any of those areas.

ConsYou will most likely be laid off - expect it. The management cannot properly forecast or adjust the work flow tasks to keep their engineers billibale.

Worked for Middough Consulting? Contribute to the Community!