Midland Mortgage Co.

Midland Mortgage

Current Employee - Delinquency Associate II in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Delinquency Associate II in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Better than average call center. Management is committed to helping customer service reps grow and develop. Pretty good pay. Fun incentives and monthly bonuses throughout the year.

Cons

At the end of the day, it's a call center. Advancement is a slow process. 20 minute breaks for an 8 hour shift. Everything you do will be monitored and analyzed several times over.

It was the worse company that I had ever worked for.

Former Employee - Loss in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Loss in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only good thing about working their is for there Insurance.

Cons

Their is no leadership. They just treat people like they are a number. While I worked their I got the worse training and when I would ask for help no one would help. They treated their employees like crap. You would think that a company like that would know how to treat people but I guess that is where you fall into the corporate world.

I have a lot of advice but it would not matter what I would have to say because they wouldn't care enough to listen or to change anything.

Short handed and management won't higher anyone else. Way under paid!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flex time available, The health benefits are good. Paid time off is pretty flexible, Most federal holidays off paid.

Cons

Horrible pay, don't feel like I'm appreciated as an employee, understaffed departments and overstaffed departments. House keeping doesn't know what vacuuming means apparently.

There are some departments like mine that are very short handed and no one seems to care about the workload that is put on top of us. For such a small an hourly pay and no raise after being told I'm a very valuable asset to the department, does nothing for me. If I can't get a raise then why are we not hiring another associate in my department!? We need to hire more for the smaller departments or get a temp. I'm not giving the department I work in because I don't feel it would make a difference, my one voice alone won't change the mind of and give someone the idea that "hey, maybe we should hire another person."

decent place to work

Former Employee - Loan Counselor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Loan Counselor in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good chance at a bonus, good activities, golf tournament, family day activities

Cons

a lot of gossip, favoritism, they don't take input or suggestions from hourly employees, 2 ten minute breaks for 8 hours, better keep the potty breaks to a minimum

give the employees two 15 minute breaks per 8 hour shift.

Short but memorable...

I worked at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training. Schedule. Benefits. Location and parking excellent. Clean workspace. Starting pay is generally above average. Very desirable schedule of 8 to 5, Monday through Friday during a standard work week.

Cons

Workload. Management. Due to constant change in client base the workload can vary dramatically month to month. No additional staff is brought in for extra workload so it all gets assigned to an already heavy caseload.

Additional promotional opportunities needed.

Mid sized company with a small sized mentality

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They offer good benefits to their employees, and there are some quality people who work their. They do some good events to help with their employee satisfaction and you have a chance to win Thunder tickets, but only to the games the managers don't want.

Cons

They are micromanaged more than I have ever seen a company. My managers treated their employees like they were numbers and then wondered why they had high turnover. If one of my employees or employees in the department made one mistake they could count there chances to progress over with. I on several occasions had to tell some one of my employees that they were using the bathroom too soon in there shift. I disagreed with telling grown adults when they could go to the restroom, but did as I was asked. When they employee could not change his regularity my manager took him off of a stretch assignment he was on and then would not back me up when I had the conversation with the employee.

He would also offer no constructive feedback. He told myself and other supervisors that we may not hear when we make a mistake, but we will see it on our reviews. We did. He had a spread sheet that he would keep track of instances where an error occurred and then use that to fill in your year end review. He also told me when I came on board that I had too many ideas and needed to keep quite in meetings.

I have several other examples of why someone should not go work there, but it would be too long for this.

I would do an employee satisfaction survey that everyone had too take 1 to 2 times a year. Other companies do this and it can help find where areas of opportunity are.

They are a a company that knows its product and stays with it. They service all types of home loans.

Former Employee - Correspondence Writer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Correspondence Writer in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice Christmas bonus, provided lunch often, had productivity-based giveaways

Cons

Strict corporate structure, a lot of red tape and delays in getting things done, limited upward mobility

Promote quality people and find a way to inject some fun into the workplace

Great Place to Work with Plenty of Opportunity

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hard work and dedication are recognized and rewarded. Employees are given the opportunity to succeed and encouraged to grow and advance professionally.
    Good benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k match) with low copays and reasonable premiums
    Good vacation, holiday, and sick leave policies
    Tuition reimbursement and flexibility in schedules for school and activities
    Extensive new hire training for all employees to learn about the industry and the company
    On site deli with reasonably priced quality breakfast and lunch options

Cons

cubical farm environment
    some departments are located in a different facility and time is lost when travelling between locations for training or meetings
    inconsistent management policies between departments (i.e. more or less flexibility in workday, required lunch period, and overtime)

Good Company. Decent wages.

I worked at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Laid back environment. Supervisors and managers are great. Nice co-workers. Free coffee and water. Wage is pretty decent (little over average) for the city.

Cons

Tough customers (over the phone) once in a while. But this is normal in a customer service position anyway.

This is one of the worst companies to work for!

Former Employee - Loss Mitigation Plan Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you're willing to play the game their way, even if it means doing things that you know are wrong, then you might actually make some good money as long as bust your butt to the point of near death.

Cons

Too many to list... And too many to want to think about cause it'll just infuriate me with rage.

Start treating people like their human beings, and not some soulless animal that's your property.