Midland Mortgage Co.

Add Photos

Ken R. Clark

Short but memorable...

Oklahoma City, OK

ProsTraining. Schedule. Benefits. Location and parking excellent. Clean workspace. Starting pay is generally above average. Very desirable schedule of 8 to 5, Monday through Friday during a standard work week.

ConsWorkload. Management. Due to constant change in client base the workload can vary dramatically month to month. No additional staff is brought in for extra workload so it all gets assigned to an already heavy caseload.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdditional promotional opportunities needed.

Mid sized company with a small sized mentality

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThey offer good benefits to their employees, and there are some quality people who work their. They do some good events to help with their employee satisfaction and you have a chance to win Thunder tickets, but only to the games the managers don't want.

ConsThey are micromanaged more than I have ever seen a company. My managers treated their employees like they were numbers and then wondered why they had high turnover. If one of my employees or employees in the department made one mistake they could count there chances to progress over with. I on several occasions had to tell some one of my employees that they were using the bathroom too soon in there shift. I disagreed with telling grown adults when they could go to the restroom, but did as I was asked. When they employee could not change his regularity my manager took him off of a stretch assignment he was on and then would not back me up when I had the conversation with the employee.

He would also offer no constructive feedback. He told myself and other supervisors that we may not hear when we make a mistake, but we will see it on our reviews. We did. He had a spread sheet that he would keep track of instances where an error occurred and then use that to fill in your year end review. He also told me when I came on board that I had too many ideas and needed to keep quite in meetings.

I have several other examples of why someone should not go work there, but it would be too long for this.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would do an employee satisfaction survey that everyone had too take 1 to 2 times a year. Other companies do this and it can help find where areas of opportunity are.

They are a a company that knows its product and stays with it. They service all types of home loans.

Correspondence Writer (Former Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsNice Christmas bonus, provided lunch often, had productivity-based giveaways

ConsStrict corporate structure, a lot of red tape and delays in getting things done, limited upward mobility

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote quality people and find a way to inject some fun into the workplace

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work with Plenty of Opportunity

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsHard work and dedication are recognized and rewarded. Employees are given the opportunity to succeed and encouraged to grow and advance professionally.
    Good benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k match) with low copays and reasonable premiums
    Good vacation, holiday, and sick leave policies
    Tuition reimbursement and flexibility in schedules for school and activities
    Extensive new hire training for all employees to learn about the industry and the company
    On site deli with reasonably priced quality breakfast and lunch options

Conscubical farm environment
    some departments are located in a different facility and time is lost when travelling between locations for training or meetings
    inconsistent management policies between departments (i.e. more or less flexibility in workday, required lunch period, and overtime)

Good Company. Decent wages.

Oklahoma City, OK

ProsLaid back environment. Supervisors and managers are great. Nice co-workers. Free coffee and water. Wage is pretty decent (little over average) for the city.

ConsTough customers (over the phone) once in a while. But this is normal in a customer service position anyway.

Advice to Senior Management--

This is one of the worst companies to work for!

Oklahoma City, OK

ProsIf you're willing to play the game their way, even if it means doing things that you know are wrong, then you might actually make some good money as long as bust your butt to the point of near death.

ConsToo many to list... And too many to want to think about cause it'll just infuriate me with rage.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating people like their human beings, and not some soulless animal that's your property.

Not enough pay, little room for advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent benefits which includes medical, dental, short-term disability, and 401k contribution. Management is a little flexible with schedules for students and employees with kids. Not many layoffs so good job security.

ConsLittle room for advancement. Midland mostly hires outside the company for management positions. The pay is low unless you have an upper management position or work in the I.T. department. They are strict with the dress code. Top down leadership which build a gap between managers and their staff. Positions are very redundant and not very challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more and allow them more opportunities to grow.

Politics

Documentation (Former Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGreat people work for the company.

ConsManagement did not value workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with employees. Make employees feel more like an asset.

Place for young adults to work.

Oklahoma City, OK

ProsBenefits, not stressful, laid back atmosphere, deli

ConsHigh turnover, cubicles, building seems dirty

Oklahoma Employee's Training Corporation...lol...not really!

Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGeneral Overview: Decent place to work, but low pay scale. Work here to get experience then move to other companies that will pay your worth (training here). The company didn't generally promote from within - I know of a few..literally..., which is nothing compared to the number hired into management positions from outside the company. From what I could tell people that had been there 10-30 years had only been promoted from a Level I up to a II or III,some maybe to Sr., but anything more was almost impossible. Midland is stable, so if you are looking for stability and comfortable w/ the same type position, lower pay, its a place you can work for 5-10-20-30 years. I was surprised at the number of tenured employees. Moral is like any other company - some are unhappy about everything and other are satisfied; some departments are micro-managed and others laid back; some require good political skills to be successful, others you just have to do your job; some have flex time - work when you please, just get 40 hours and other areas are on a strict time schedule; it all just depends on the department. But the consistent thing about most departments is that you do have to track your daily productivity. Benefits are decent - health, dental, vision, and 401K.

ConsExtremely low annual pay increases on top of already low salary and low potential to be promoted. It was rumored that pay increases ranged from .10-.75 cent annually - but .75 was not the norm - mainly for stellar employees. Having to track every little thing you do for productivity purposes was also annoying.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould consider promoting from within and basing promotions on experience, product-based knowledge, and commitment vs. only respecting/promoting those with degrees. This outlook diminishes the moral and confidence of the staff because they are not shown full appreciation for their worth. Also, accept input from loan-level employees since they are the ones doing the work and have ideas on how to improve the process.

Worked for Midland Mortgage Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Midland Mortgage Co. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Midland Mortgage Co. CEO Ken R. Clark. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Midland Mortgage Co. employees.