Midtown Consulting Group

Updated January 20, 2015
Updated January 20, 2015
3.5

Jeff Elam

I enjoyed working at Midtown. The people were great.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Midtown Consulting Group

Pros

A good place to work if you have worked with the Big 4 or so and have a lot of experience to bring to the job.

Cons

Not a great place for junior people.

Continue to grow.

Work in progress

I have been working at Midtown Consulting Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

MCG is a rapidly growing management and technology consulting company. There are many ways for entrepreneurial consultants to carve out a personal niche and contribute to the growth of the company. Company leadership shares clear values of servant leadership, accountability, and loyalty. From top to bottom the focus of the company is on providing value to our consulting clients.

Cons

MCG is a rapidly growing consulting company and is therefore in a constant state of change. There are many things that the company can do better, however, everyone understands this. Leadership is extremely willing to accept feedback and do things differently. Size is also a challenge in terms of scale. The company can't provide all services today. Again, however, if an idea makes sense the company is willing to make intelligent choices.

Continue to embrace and accept change, even at the highest company levels. There is tremendous market opportunity for this company. We just need to continue to adapt to change as needed.

No communication with employees

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Midtown Consulting Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have to say that they do pay me on time and that I know my money will be in my bank account on payday. I worked for another Federal Contractor at another US Government agency and I wasn't paid for a month. I had no recourse even though they finally did pay me.

Cons

There is no communication between management and its contractors only when there is a problem and management has in the past sent contractors to positions they were not qualified for.

Please give us at least vacation paid-time off. I cannot take even do a dental appointment without losing money. That is not fair considering I am doing the work and make it possible for you to have the contract.

Good mid-sized consulting firm that is in growth mode.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Midtown Consulting Group as a contractor

Pros

Great people..and good opportunities for people to advance, very entrepreneurial in spirit.

Cons

For a smaller company, has way more hierarchies than expected.

Foster an environment that is more collaborative with the consultants.

Boutique Consulting Firm

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Midtown Consulting Group

Pros

The chance to work on interesting projects. Up and coming group that does high quality work for large clients.

Cons

Small company with a focus on the short-term.

Work on a cohesive message.