Midtown Consulting Group

Jeff Elam

1. Dynamic and fast growing consultancy

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Midtown Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MCG is a firm of experienced professionals who simply know how to get the job done. It's a place where the entrepreneurial spirit runs high and much opportunity exists for those willing to look for it. Being a smaller firm, the career path is somewhat undefined, which can lead to confusion for less experienced hires; however, the direction you want to pursue is completely up to you.

Compensation is average to above average depending on region and is very much tied to performance and utilization. Quarterly bonuses are nice. Travel is kept to a minimum. Direct access to leadership and open door communication policy. Benefits such as 401(k) and healthcare are top notch.

Cons

Variety of projects can be an issue and duration of engagements are sometimes too dynamic, e.g. 6 weeks turning into 6+ months. Company culture is ambiguous besides the entrepreneurial attitude of the founders that mostly permeates through the firm. Project based work can occasionally turn into staff augmentation, which in my opinion, dilutes the brand.

Advice to Management

Work to unify company culture across offices with more frequent firm communications and updates. Continue to diversity projects and client base.

2. I enjoyed working at Midtown. The people were great.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Midtown Consulting Group

Pros

A good place to work if you have worked with the Big 4 or so and have a lot of experience to bring to the job.

Cons

Not a great place for junior people.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow.

3. Work in progress

I have been working at Midtown Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MCG is a rapidly growing management and technology consulting company. There are many ways for entrepreneurial consultants to carve out a personal niche and contribute to the growth of the company. Company leadership shares clear values of servant leadership, accountability, and loyalty. From top to bottom the focus of the company is on providing value to our consulting clients.

Cons

MCG is a rapidly growing consulting company and is therefore in a constant state of change. There are many things that the company can do better, however, everyone understands this. Leadership is extremely willing to accept feedback and do things differently. Size is also a challenge in terms of scale. The company can't provide all services today. Again, however, if an idea makes sense the company is willing to make intelligent choices.

Advice to Management

Continue to embrace and accept change, even at the highest company levels. There is tremendous market opportunity for this company. We just need to continue to adapt to change as needed.

5. No communication with employees

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Midtown Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have to say that they do pay me on time and that I know my money will be in my bank account on payday. I worked for another Federal Contractor at another US Government agency and I wasn't paid for a month. I had no recourse even though they finally did pay me.

Cons

There is no communication between management and its contractors only when there is a problem and management has in the past sent contractors to positions they were not qualified for.

Advice to Management

Please give us at least vacation paid-time off. I cannot take even do a dental appointment without losing money. That is not fair considering I am doing the work and make it possible for you to have the contract.

6. Good mid-sized consulting firm that is in growth mode.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Midtown Consulting Group as a contractor

Pros

Great people..and good opportunities for people to advance, very entrepreneurial in spirit.

Cons

For a smaller company, has way more hierarchies than expected.

Advice to Management

Foster an environment that is more collaborative with the consultants.

Boutique Consulting Firm

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Midtown Consulting Group

Pros

The chance to work on interesting projects. Up and coming group that does high quality work for large clients.

Cons

Small company with a focus on the short-term.

Advice to Management

Work on a cohesive message.