Midtronics

www.midtronics.com

Midtronics Reviews

Updated May 6, 2014
Midtronics – Willowbrook – “Midtronics Willowbrook office”

Midtronics – Willowbrook – “Midtronics Willowbrook office”

Steve McShane

Great Company

ProsGreat benefits for employees and extra incentives such as Friday breakfasts, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, great insurance coverage, monthly EXPO's, family picnic and holiday party. The CEO is dedicated to the employees and the company.

ConsNone as long as you are prepared to be challenged.

current employee

Prosbenefits
    breakfast on friday
    once a month company lunch

Consthe management is terrible
    there is extremely poor communication
    there is zero respect just yelling and attitude

Advice to Senior Managementfire a certain operations worker and things would run much smoother

It is a good experiment to work for Midtronics !

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Burr Ridge, IL

ProsMidtronics is purely result oriented. The company does not lie on how figures are managed. You can see the number of patents own by the company, and their growth in sales.
    The management is starving for growth, either you succeed and you win, or you must leave.
    In return, this high challenge is well payed.

ConsManagement is poor, and no career development.

Advice to Senior ManagementMidtronics is a medium size company, but still managed as a small company. The company should promote some people internally and staff with new managers.
    The career development is poor, the company must invest more on trainings, courses, and give the opportunity to improve.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

ProsThey treat their employees very well.

ConsNeed a batter "global" vision

A great place to work! Very caring and employee centered.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Willowbrook, IL

ProsThey care a lot about their employees. I mean they even provide free breakfast on casual Friday and free lunch at a monthly employee meeting where they talk about the company. If you like to be challenged by your work, this is the place for you! Employment is pretty secure here. They had no layoffs during the recession.

ConsThe company has grown a lot very rapidly in the past few years and is changing some of the way they do things. Not everyone likes that but it does seem to be needed.

Lots of Stress

Engineering (Current Employee) Willowbrook, IL

ProsThere are generally bonuses every year. The benefits are competitive.

ConsLots of yelling if thinks are not done correctly, lots of quarreling between departments

Advice to Senior ManagementStop always having to find someone to blame. Whenever you blame someone that works for you, you really need to look at yourself. Are you empowering the individual employee allowing them to succeed or fail, or are you micro managing and not allowing them to prove themselves?

Energetic and a very positive work environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Willowbrook, IL

Pros- The majority of my co-workers are extremely passionate about Midtronics, management is helpful, and encourages you to learn and grow.

- Work with great people that are hard working and intelligent

- Good working environment

- Challenging

- Great Support and Training

ConsI have nothing negative to say about Midtronics. It`s a great place to work and look forward to the future.

it is OK

Engineer (Current Employee) Willowbrook, IL

Proscasual attire, flexible time, good place to work

Consslow response to market requirement

Advice to Senior Managementit is fine

Stress-filled with impossible dead-lines and constantly playing the blame-game

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Willowbrook, IL

ProsThey have a very good benefit package, the only company I know of that will help pay for gym memberships. The work there was challenging and I enjoyed the technical details.

ConsThey have a basic attitude there that if the numbers do not get met (yearly sales) someone will be fired. It does not matter if that person is the problem or not, but someone has to go. In 5 years 6 people were fired or quit in one department because the numbers were not met. And these people were good at their jobs, all I know of went on to excellent careers at other companies. As it becomes clear that the numbers are not met, more and more pressure is put on people. And I don't mean numbers that indicate profit or loss, I mean goal numbers that are very high. In the 5 years mentioned none had a loss. There is rarely any positive feed-back. Although they claim to support employee education, they will not agree to anything that would take more than 1 or 2 day.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome jobs simply take longer to do than others. I have seen people fired because the project they were on was taking too long, but that was not their fault, some things just take longer. Just because you don't understand what they are doing does not mean they are doing it wrong.

Worked for Midtronics? Contribute to the Community!