Midwest Acquisitions

Be The First To
Add Photos

Must have improved

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Bettendorf, IA

ProsI love talking to people daily. Everyone in the office is really close and there is a little competition but we are more of a family than anything. Rapid advancement is possible with hard work and dedication to the office's goals, I like the fact that we can rapidly advance in the company. I don't know what the last guy was talking about but now we make hourly and commission. My paychecks when didn't hit sales goals has never been less that 500/wk. They must have changed some stuff around. This is a face-to-face advertising position. There are different types. If you are not a people person this job would not be for you.

ConsThe job can be stressful at times. Sometimes it is hard to find the right people to bring in and train. Most of the new hires will tend to be lazy and not want to talk to people and expect the trainers to do everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter quality candidates, more team nights.

RUN AWAY

Advertising Representative (Former Employee) Bettendorf, IA

ProsGood pay if you are good at bs'ing people

ConsYou are expected to work every single holiday, minimum 6 days a week until 7 at night and wednesdays are your day off. If you are not good they get rid of you real quick, very high turnover rate. Mitch trys to motivate you every morning with his lies then you go to either Best Buy, Menards, or Sams club to chase down customers and harass them into signing up for Directv. I thought I would be working in advertising doing something fun but this is just a sales job that pays you basically on comission which equals minimum wage. They say its not a comission only job but they do a draw back on your pay so if you are not consistent you own the company money and you will never get out of the hole so get used to a $300 a week paycheck unless you are one of the few that can bs people into signing up for Directv. It only took me a few weeks this was a waste of time dont let it take you longer.

Advice to Senior Managementquit feeding employees bs of owning a company, this company is a scam.

Worked for Midwest Acquisitions? Contribute to the Community!