Midwest Manufacturing

Updated May 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dennis Volvrecht

Hard work, but decent pay.

Line Operator/Stacker Operator (Current Employee)
    Eau Claire, WI

ProsBenefits are alright, and Instant Profit Sharing is awesome. Hours aren't bad either, weekends are optional for full-time employees.

ConsA lot of changes have been coming down from above. Upper management starting to micromanage the building.

Horrible place of employment I would rate negative if I could

Line Operator/Stacker Operator (Former Employee)
    Eau Claire, WI

Prospeople that I worked with, I was able to work 50+ hours a week if I wanted to, profit sharing after being there 3+ years

ConsPay, health insurance, Benefits, care for product, Everything about this company.
        I finished working for them on a Friday and was eligible for a $500 bonus because of the amount of hours I had worked called "Be here days" and after about 2 months when I had not received my bonus I called them and asked them why I had not received it yet and they told me because I was not employed through the pay period (that Saturday that I was not scheduled to work) I was not going to get my bonus EVEN THOUGH I talked to HR and my managers before I left to make sure I would get it and they both said yes I would. After I was not employed by them anymore they could not care less about giving me my bonus. Its a good thing my new job pays DOUBLE what this place pays, only $11.55/hr which is penny's when trying to raise a family. For the amount of work I did I believe the pay should be mid $14-$15/hr. I carried 12 ft countertops over my head for 10 hrs a day. Their insurance is a joke also, a $13,000 deductible for family or $9,000 for single!!!! The managers did not care about the quality of product going out the door, neither did the employees. If something got damaged or did not meet specifications the managers would just say "just send it out and see if we get it back." I would not recommend this place as a job to anyone. The pay may be alright if you are right out of high school but otherwise there are MUCH better jobs out there with employers who care more about their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter Pay and Care about what product is going out of the door

they are very racist and allow their minority employees to be subject to all forms of racial discrimination

Line Operator/Stacker Operator (Former Employee)
    Terre Haute, IN

Prosbenefits ok are better on weekends

Consno respect of their employees

Advice to Senior Managementif you don't want blacks to work there don't hire them

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible

Assistant Plant Manager (Former Employee)
    Plano, IL

ProsCompetitive pay, and really nothing else (may have just been the plano plant).

Consterribly stressful, language barriers, constant threats of being fired (they use this as a motivator.... :/), upper management wants to do nothing so the stress everyone below, horrible benefits.

Advice to Senior Managementstop waving threats of termination as a motivator

penny wise, dollar foolish

Office Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsProfit sharing. Gifts on the holidays.

ConsHourly pay is terrible. The higher-up people make their salary in their manager bonuses not their hourly wage, so if your not a manager the pay is barely enough to live on and the health insurance through the company is costly. Decisions are based more on what will cost the company less in the short run than what is best for the company in the long run. Because of this the company uses outdated software and equipment leading to a less efficient workplace.
    For what you get paid, too much is expected. A lot of people get burnt out working for this company.
    Turnover is also a huge problem. Because there is such a demand for workers, anyone that can pass a drug test will be hired. This has lead to a lot of faces coming and going, and lower quality work. While the company claims to "promote from within" it is more about who you know, and not what you know that will get you to the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the pay and standards, and you'll have higher quality workers. Higher quality workers means higher quality work. Higher quality work means more money for you.

Good opportunities for those willing to put in the work.

Assistant Plant Manager (Current Employee)
    Eau Claire, WI

ProsThey are willing to hire people straight out of college with no experience.

ConsManagement compensation is largely based on bonuses, with relatively low hourly wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake better use of technology...don't do things the "old fashioned" way when you could be doing it more efficiently.

Underwhelming and uninspired

Developer (Former Employee)
    Eau Claire, WI

ProsThere is plenty of work to be done, rarely is a day boring. People are generally pleasant to work with despite there being stressful situations.

ConsCompletely unrealistic expectations given the EXTREMELY low wage. Walking to plants and flying on propeller planes is definitely not enjoyable. High stress situations when plants are down.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to raise wages, work smarter not harder by using technology to repair plants when possible rather than physical trips.

Hard work for pennies

Owner Operator Lift Truck Unload, Load and Deliveries (Current Employee)
    Eau Claire, WI

ProsOwner Operator of tractor and notch trailers jobsite and store deliveries. Dealing with the customers. I load and unlaod my own trailers.

ConsYard horses when loading my trailers have done damage to my trailers, and do not pay for it. Also when laoding they have broken trusses, and do not fix there mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know logistics.

Must have a desire for manufacturing

Manager Trainee (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsGood pay and good people

ConsSame thing everyday. Many hours

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within. more quality control

Good for learning/entry-level

Programmer (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, Good Co-Workers, Ability to Work Independently and in teams

ConsLack of Planning/Design, Frequent scope changes,not involving correct people, Too much management/micro-managing, high turnover, low beginning pay(receiving fairly large raise after high turnover rate continued)

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the most knowledgeable people's input on the subject instead of relying on out of touch management to "guess" what is right. Management seems to love micromanaging the must mundane small tasks.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Midwest Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Midwest Manufacturing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Midwest Manufacturing CEO Dennis Volvrecht. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Midwest Manufacturing employees.