Midwest Medical Holdings

Add Photos

Larry Lindberg

Worked here for 3 years

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mounds View, MN

ProsMany nice people but mostly uneducated, former felons, and low paying jobs.

ConsOwner tried to manger every area even though he hires managers. The business runs in constant chaos, no cash flow, out of stock, no pay raises, building foreclosed upon, no building maintenance or care or cleaning. Rules changes daily. Owner does not follow through with anything he says. He is rude and plays constant mind games. If you're on commission, you will get laid off if you earn your commissions. Owner doesn't like to pay out to Accounts Payable or Employees. All money goes to his private interests, vacations, kids, and air planes.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers then let them do their jobs.

Lacking management

Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) Mounds View, MN

ProsThe people who work in the mix of things all try to help each other out. Pulling together when it gets busy, and making sure the job gets done correctly.

ConsLack of any sort of management, after 3 months I still was unable to figure out who my real boss was. It is just a mess, you don't know who to ask for what. You do not get your reviews, don't even think about a raise. You try to get stuff ordered and you get told when they get around to it, like it is something for you. Waited almost a week for a patient's medication to be ordered, after it was promised to them. Good luck if you're planning on working here.

I didn't have a great experience.

Customer Service (Current Employee) Mounds View, MN

ProsThe positive things I can is the regular staff seem to have a great respect for each other and their work family. They provide a lot of great support when trying to hold the unstable situation together. There are a lot of passionate individuals and all most need is the right leadership or a better situation to grow as a professional.

ConsStarting with the owner’s son I have never seen such arrogance shown in a college dropout yet he is put in charge of teaching others twice his age. Most managers of any company will tell you that great leadership comes from experience and the ability to execute. I would have to say that the money being spent on the wrong things is a huge problem. Their management is all over the place, which is very confusing for the other employees. Their management team is made up of many power driven men who use Friday meetings to stroke their egos.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a company that you take pride in and not from your employees. Give them the tools they need to grow as professionals.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Midwest Medical is a wonderful place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mounds View, MN

ProsGood management that cares about their employees, values their input and keeps us involved in decision making. I have never worked somewhere that I felt like my boss truly cared about me and other employees. There is a genuine sense of family at Midwest and they are understanding that things come up in life and they are willing to work with us when family issues come up etc.

ConsEvery company has ups and downs, nothing of significance to mention here.

Good intentions, but not a healthy work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mounds View, MN

Pros-Many nice employees who truly care about the customer
    -Emphasis on patient care and good service
    -Flexible and respectful of work/life balance

Cons-Not able to keep good managers/employees. Turn-over is high.
    -Lack of cash flow is a huge issue that makes it difficult for many to do their job and creates an environment of uncertainty
    -Sales sells the products/services, but the warehouse is empty. Lose as many customers as they get. Puts Customer Service and other employees in an uncomfortable position.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the leadership dynamic so that there is no other option than to get the finances under control. You are missing opportunities to do good work because of your inability to control the money.

Wish it was good but not great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity to work in a growth oriented healthcare field. The emphasis is always on patient care.

ConsPoor cash flow results in many stock out and back orders to patients. Lot of upset patient calls. Many vendors have the company on credit hold further delaying procurement. Paychecks periodically bounce.Owners point fingers instead of fixing the problem...

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the good managers manage the business and live with in the owners means so the company does not have to suffer

Worked for Midwest Medical Holdings? Contribute to the Community!