Midwest Medical Holdings

Larry Lindberg

1. And you are????

Former Employee - Driver in Mounds View, MN
    Former Employee - Driver in Mounds View, MN

I worked at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

negative camaraderie. Hard to get terminated because they need warm bodies.

Cons

Empty promises; Serious management issues, bounced paychecks, no reviews, cancelled medical insurance, unreliable owner, the son...just imagine,

Advice to Management

Attend business ethic and management training

2. Not a company for the long haul

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anoka, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anoka, MN

I worked at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If management choses to invest in educating you, it is a great place to learn more. There is a lot of care that comes from the employees to patients.

Cons

I think everyone has their own view points on the company. If you are looking for a place that provides annual raises this is not the place to apply.

3. Can I give it a rating of 0?

I worked at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only pro's of working at the company have left or been fired. The company was "okay" many years ago. The owner of the company became a greedy SOB and stopped paying the bills on a regular basis which in turn causes patients to wait for equipment, supplies and prescriptions. The owner has his loser son managing the front of the house because he can get him to be dishonest like he is. The other manager has been cheating on has wife with a customer service employee and it gets ignored, just like every other issue that should be addressed.

Cons

See the pro's~ I could not refrain from rambling in the Pro's section. I would not recommend this company to anyone, the owner only cares about himself and a few select employees. The rest are just bodies in an office that he will try to take advantage of anytime he can.

Advice to Management

Get a life and get your crap together!!

5. many long days of hard work and sacrifice for MMH met in return with complete uncaring disrespect

Former Employee - Delivery/Equip Tech in Mounds View, MN
    Former Employee - Delivery/Equip Tech in Mounds View, MN

I worked at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the appreciation from family members and patients for taking the time to make sure they understood the equipment and all questions were answered

Cons

working 12+ hours a day (regaurdless of responsibility to your children or family).picking up equipment before the deceased has been picked up,cleaning equipment on the side of the road for next delivery,unrealistic delivery time expectations,rude comments and disrespect daily for not meeting those expectations,childish missuse of leadership,being issued routes with more oxygen than I was legally allowed to carry in hope I would not notice it

Advice to Management

its unfortante how many good hard working employees you will lose buy having a couple very poorly placed employees blocking the door

6. Lacking management

Current Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Mounds View, MN
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work in the mix of things all try to help each other out. Pulling together when it gets busy, and making sure the job gets done correctly.

Cons

Lack of any sort of management, after 3 months I still was unable to figure out who my real boss was. It is just a mess, you don't know who to ask for what. You do not get your reviews, don't even think about a raise. You try to get stuff ordered and you get told when they get around to it, like it is something for you. Waited almost a week for a patient's medication to be ordered, after it was promised to them. Good luck if you're planning on working here.

7. I didn't have a great experience.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Mounds View, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The positive things I can is the regular staff seem to have a great respect for each other and their work family. They provide a lot of great support when trying to hold the unstable situation together. There are a lot of passionate individuals and all most need is the right leadership or a better situation to grow as a professional.

Cons

Starting with the owner’s son I have never seen such arrogance shown in a college dropout yet he is put in charge of teaching others twice his age. Most managers of any company will tell you that great leadership comes from experience and the ability to execute. I would have to say that the money being spent on the wrong things is a huge problem. Their management is all over the place, which is very confusing for the other employees. Their management team is made up of many power driven men who use Friday meetings to stroke their egos.

Advice to Management

Make a company that you take pride in and not from your employees. Give them the tools they need to grow as professionals.

8. Worked here for 3 years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many nice people but mostly uneducated, former felons, and low paying jobs.

Cons

Owner tried to manger every area even though he hires managers. The business runs in constant chaos, no cash flow, out of stock, no pay raises, building foreclosed upon, no building maintenance or care or cleaning. Rules changes daily. Owner does not follow through with anything he says. He is rude and plays constant mind games. If you're on commission, you will get laid off if you earn your commissions. Owner doesn't like to pay out to Accounts Payable or Employees. All money goes to his private interests, vacations, kids, and air planes.

Advice to Management

Hire managers then let them do their jobs.

9. Midwest Medical is a wonderful place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good management that cares about their employees, values their input and keeps us involved in decision making. I have never worked somewhere that I felt like my boss truly cared about me and other employees. There is a genuine sense of family at Midwest and they are understanding that things come up in life and they are willing to work with us when family issues come up etc.

Cons

Every company has ups and downs, nothing of significance to mention here.

10. Good intentions, but not a healthy work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

I worked at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Many nice employees who truly care about the customer -Emphasis on patient care and good service -Flexible and respectful of work/life balance

Cons

-Not able to keep good managers/employees. Turn-over is high. -Lack of cash flow is a huge issue that makes it difficult for many to do their job and creates an environment of uncertainty -Sales sells the products/services, but the warehouse is empty. Lose as many customers as they get. Puts Customer Service and other employees in an uncomfortable position.

Advice to Management

Change the leadership dynamic so that there is no other option than to get the finances under control. You are missing opportunities to do good work because of your inability to control the money.

11. Wish it was good but not great place to work

I worked at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to work in a growth oriented healthcare field. The emphasis is always on patient care.

Cons

Poor cash flow results in many stock out and back orders to patients. Lot of upset patient calls. Many vendors have the company on credit hold further delaying procurement. Paychecks periodically bounce.Owners point fingers instead of fixing the problem...

Advice to Management

Let the good managers manage the business and live with in the owners means so the company does not have to suffer

RSS Feed </> Embed