Midwest Memorial Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Shipper

Family Service Counselor

Family Service Counselor (Former Employee)

ProsYou learn a lot about the cemetery world
    you learn some lots of was of getting people to buy stuff

Conspeople will back stab you
    long working hours

As with any sales job it is challenging, yet rewarding.

Advance Planning Counselor (Current Employee) Berkley, MI

ProsThe money is good, great support structure, management and colleagues work together to help company and each other.

ConsIt is a sales job, you sell something you make money, you don't, youe don't get paid.

The Most Unethical Company That I Have Ever Worked For

Family Service Counsler (Former Employee)

ProsNone!!!! None!!! None!!! None!!! None!!!

ConsThis company will always be hiring, because they have no intention of keeping staff!
    Very short training period one week, with one week force to call people out of the telephone book
    to get them to purchase a burial plot. A low wage of 300.00 per week is offered during the training period
    Promise of high commission...then they do everything possible to not give it to you.
    Managers steal commissions from sales reps....
    Slavery would be the best way to descirbe this job I was expected to come to work and not get paid any money but I was required to work over 40 hrs... When my manager's boss found out this was corrected
    but my direct manager does this to all new employees.
    You are expected to work 6 to 7 days a weeking depending on your work location
    After your first two weeks of little to no training you are expected to sell at top levels with little product knowledge...product knowledge was not part of the training.
    Few empyloyees with more than two years of work history! Most quit or are fired within the first three months
    The basic mind set ,,,,, hire a lot of people maybe one out of a thousand will work out for a short period of time

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter treatment of employees would result in higher sales and employee retention.... A lot of time is wasted hiring new employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good People

Family Planning Counselor (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsNo frills job opportunity. Opportunity to make a honest living. Solid integrity of management and those in leadership positions at the cemeteries.

ConsTakes a special person to advise and sell pre-need cemetery services!

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Macys Merchandising Group

Merchandiser (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCreate global strategies to align different regions on key initiatives. Collaborate & negotiate with vendors.

ConsNo direct impact on bottom line and not completely responsible for bottom line

Advice to Senior ManagementToo corporate

Well, the company had just hired a new manager that had little experience, so it was hard learning the system.

Pre-Needs Counselor (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

Prosuncap salary
    work on your own schedule
    Great atmosphere
    You can depend on the company in time of need

ConsCommission based salary
    Code Calling
    You learn everything on your own

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to learn new ways to teach new employees

poor food and water supply

Welder III (Current Employee) Rabigh (Saudi Arabia)

Prosthe only thing good in this company is you can file a yearly vacation

Consthe acommodation is not good enough

Advice to Senior Managementmake your employee satisfied

Disappointing and very demanding of personal time, no respect for work-life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBeing able to help customers. This was a cemetery and you were often helping people making final arrangements for their loved ones on the worst day of their life. Very gratifying to help them through this prosess.

ConsYou were expected to work too many hours. Promised time off during the week when you worked on the week-end but it never worked out that way. Sprang unplanned "call nights" on us at 3:00 in the afternoon for that evening with no regard for other plans you might have made.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more considerate of your employees. Treat them with respect.

Worked for Midwest Memorial Group? Contribute to the Community!