Midwest Regional Medical Center

Midwest Regional Medical Center Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Understaffed, overworked

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsThe fast pace forces you to learn quickly or you will drown. If you make it you will have developed exceptional time management skills

ConsDangerous patient loads, lack of equipment such as vital signs machines, very negative attitudes from nursing staff which affected patient care

Terrible Experience

Employment Manager (Former Employee)
    Midwest City, OK

Pros- I met some good people in my brief time at Midwest Regional.
    - For those employees in high-need, high-turnover areas, you can make a fortune off of sign-on and retention bonuses, OT, etc.

Cons- One of the most overwhelmingly negative working environments I've ever encountered. You could see, feel, hear, touch, and smell it.
    - High turnover, in all areas (Executive Leadership, Nursing, Administrative, HR, on and on). Some areas (such as Nursing) lose as much as 2x as many employees as they hire, leading to the need for contingent workers. Burnout is commonplace. Frustration is obvious and often vocalized.
    - Dishonesty like nothing I've encountered. Out of town candidates beware. For anyone relocating, I advise you to go month-to-month on housing until you're comfortable that you plan on staying. My role was so poorly represented that I walked (after turning down several other offers). Questions asked during my interview were given blatantly false answers.
    - Benefits: forget disability (think this through, those of you who do physical work), no vision or dental, and 1% matching on a 401K (though it's not promised, and matching only starts after you’ve completed 1 full year). Recently, they froze PTO accruals without announcing it first (a decision they had to reverse).
    - The hospital has a long-standing and well-documented adversarial relationship with the local community. Their own Physicians openly criticize the hospital and its leadership.
    - Technology: until just a few days ago, the hospital had no Applicant Tracking System and HR still runs almost entirely on paper.
    - Staffing: if you're salaried, demand a higher pay rate. You're going to be putting in a LOT of extra hours.
    - Human Capital: MRMC does not get the cream of the crop when it comes to local talent. The apathy and energy is noticeable. Example: new hires being allowed to use cell phones and/or sleep during NEO. Example 2: hiring decisions based on desperation. Example 3: previously, a system that allowed applicants to go all the way through the hiring process without a current resume.
    - Leadership: it seemed like every department head or C-level executive I met was new. 4 Chief Nursing Officers in 2 years? Do the math. Many of the individuals I met were clearly over their head, and did not have the type of experience necessary to function successfully. Many come from out of town. I'd say the vast majority of those leaders most critical to the business are floating resumes.
    - HMA: They were recently purchased by Community Health Systems. Meaning, the organization is in transition. Currently, they are in a hold pattern, meaning cost containment mode. HMA neglected this facility so badly over the years I venture to say they don’t care about the health of the hospital or its patients.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house when the sale to Community Health goes through. Start fresh. Make smart hiring decisions. Equip people to succeed. Be honest with all prospective hires about what they are walking into, and represent jobs accurately. Expect integrity. Re-brand to distance yourself from a horrible reputation.. Pay support areas as well as you do your clinical workers, and overhaul your benefits if you want to remain competitive.

Most mismanaged company I've ever worked for

Admitting Manager (Current Employee)
    Midwest City, OK

ProsChallenges are not sparse here

Consadministration is not effective they are mostly overwhelmed and confused

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make it a better place by doing the right thing and standing up for your departments.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

honest review

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
    Midwest City, OK

Prosthe bonues were nice when they were offered, There were a few co-workers who were extremely knowledgeable but all seem to have some sort of difficult personality.

ConsThe major downside is staffing, being short all the time there is a reason they offer so many bonuses. Also management seems to try and take advantage of you they make promises things are going to be getting better but never seem to follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe most important thing I would think is to make sure that your employees feel apreciated there is a reason on average 15-25 people are quiting a month. The employees find it hard to believe we cannot have 401k matching but somehow the hospital can afford to pay 20 million + to build two new floors among other things.

Worked for Midwest Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Midwest Regional Medical Center reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Midwest Regional Medical Center employees.