Mikart Reviews

1.4
Miguel Arteche

1. Good Experience

I worked at Mikart full-time

Pros

Very Family orientated company. Easy to get time off and fair

Cons

Management does not handle issues.

2. The worst place to work EVER

Pros

There are no pros for this company

Cons

High stree work environment, poor management

Advice to Management

Needs review

The worst job I ever had.

Former Employee - Assistant Scientist I (R&D Lab) in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Scientist I (R&D Lab) in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mikart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of my experience at Mikart was when I quit - my last day at Mikart was my happiest day there! That's it.

Cons

Mikart is a poorly run company; in one word: Draconian. I worked in the R&D lab and they bought the cheapest supplies, they would make you use old columns (surprise, surprise your analyses wouldn't work) and many of the methods were total garbage. They had trouble paying their accounts so supplies were delayed. Often times they couldn't buy standards because they were behind on their bills with the vendors. There was lots of back-stabbing too. Upper management was cold and had little empathy for the employees which didn't make the work environment conducive for good productivity. The pay was horrible and the stress level was unbearable. As a result, the employee turnover rate is high. Prospective employees: you have been warned.

Advice to Management

I found Mikart to be a very unprofessional work environment. Management needs to treat their employees with respect and give them the tools to do their job properly.

Not what it all seems to be.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mikart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, seems to be the only thing a lot of others and myself don't complain about. The manufacturing team are the most down to earth people I have ever worked with. bagels on some Saturdays.

Cons

Where to start.. management is its own downfall to the company nobody knows what is going on or how to fix things. clicks and favoritism run very high in this company. If you do not belong to one of these groups then this is a dead end job for you. machines are very old and are just waiting to break down mechanics are never around to fix things and when they are notified of a broken machine they blame someone else. To anyone who is looking into joining the mikart team my suggestion is to just walk away. Pay is low and the only good raises they give you are just to get you happy enough to stay then they horrible pay returns. The company rather spend money on VP's brand new Christmas gift cars then on the workers that make the actual product. Days pass when we do not know what to do since the manager is off on is 2 hour lunch break. Horrible company!

Advice to Management

To any manager of mikart that reads this, I hope you really consider looking into keeping the employees that know what they are actually doing then hiring 5 to 6 new people that need new training and make someone like me walk away. I thank you for the experience that you have provided for me but trust me you will not be missed and dont go sticking your chest high like I have heard before and say "he made a bad decision by leaving".

a piece of communist Cuba in Atlanta

I worked at Mikart full-time

Pros

the benefits were okay.. and if you know the right people you can slash people with box cutters and get away with it..

Cons

where to begin.. The manufacturing equipment it's definitely outdated, the employees are the mechanics because the maintenance department does absolutely nothing, management is constantly undermining there employees, the pay is horrible, instead of spending money on equipment they spent it on surveillance cameras which all they do is collect bugs, my supervisor constantly would gossip about other employees problems, the facility in itself is falling apart around you, safety is a joke, the VP's of the company spend the companies money on nice cars for themselves instead of buying new manufacturing equipment which by the way is outdated.. the cons going on and on..

Advice to Management

be more appreciative to your employees, you seem to forget that they bust their asses for you.. and would it kill you guys to pay them what they should be making.. they don't want to work overtime they have to so they can make an honest paycheck..

Hostile Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mikart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are very good.

Cons

Favorite employees are allowed to do whatever they want at the expense of others.

Advice to Management

Put an end to bullying.

A place were it does not matter what you know,but who you know.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Tech II in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Tech II in Atlanta, GA

Pros

They like to cross-train people a lot,and I use that on my favor because I gained a lot of experience.

Cons

Bullies are every where,upper management knows this,and they just won't do anything,probably because they are part of it.You can be the most responsible,and efficient employee but if you don't get along with the owners close friends they will kick you out.Some mangers, verbally abuse their employees,and force them to work long hours,otherwise they can get fire.

Advice to Management

Cheap labor,people with out the proper training,and bullies aren't going to help with quality,good environment,and company success.And please stop calling people mules,tools etc.

Very interesting an expericence to say the least

Current Employee - Chemist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Chemist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Mikart is a good place to start your career. There is time to get to learn all of the basic lab equipment.

Cons

management has always been its down fall, people usually don't quit mikart they quit managament.

Upper Level Management Doesn't Get It.

Former Employee - Quality Control Chemist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Quality Control Chemist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Middle managment is decent- they will provide positive feedback and useful criticism when deemed appropriate. However- they don't have the power to give higher raises- so that's what you get: useless words.

Cons

Upper managment frequently skirts on the line of unprofessionalism with screaming at employees and speaking ill about their employees in front of other employees. It was frequently unpleasant.

Advice to Management

Mike: Please open your eyes and see the potential your company has. To achieve that comfort-you need to establish core values for the company and stick to it. "Making cheap products fast" isn't a motto that's building a company to last.

This is a place to work without recognition- just get your job done and go home.

Former Employee - Assistant Scientist II in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Scientist II in Atlanta, GA

Pros

There were plenty of days off- that's pretty much the only positive thing I can think of. Oh, and I took 2 hour lunches most days and noone seemed to care/notice.

Cons

People are brought in based on their cheap salary requirements rather than their quality. A lot of immature, low-level people work here. Management does not communicate with employees. Working here, do not expect for anyone outside of your department to talk to you. Noone says hi in the hallways, people sit in the breakroom bad-mouthing co-workers and managment openly, etc. It was eye-opening. I had heard bad things about this company, though didn't understand it until I was a part of this.

Advice to Management

Arteche needs to open his eyes and see how his company is really being run. It is a shame that such terrible reviews come from any and all past (and most current) workers.

RSS Feed </> Embed