Mikes Carwash

Updated Jul 18, 2014

William Dahm

Superisor

Supervisor (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsGreat team environment with competitive wages, tuition reimbursement, and good promotion prospects

ConsDo not work here if you dislike working weekends. Short staffing will lead to long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe do have high expectations. I would like to see efforts in retaining associates.

Carwash

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsClean Fast Great Location Friendly

ConsToo much money, Lackluster middle management

Advice to Senior ManagementCheaper Car Washes

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Thanks for the feedback.

Not Culturally friendly, Lack of care for employees

ProsStability of Company, Many developmental workshops

ConsFrom the way you have to dress, length of shorts, facial hair expectations, allowed music selections it is not a friendly place for anything other than Caucasian individuals. During the winter they don't care about the employees and only want the money. During winter weekends when it is below freezing you have to be outside as long is there is a customer in line. They have no cold gear for hands to help you. Shortages come out of your check, and overages disappear and if you ask where they go it is frowned upon and brushed under the table.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your practices if you want to increase diversity as you say you do.

Apr 14, 2014

Thanks for your feedback. I'm not sure if you are aware that we have recently launched a Diversity Work Group. We had our first meeting a couple of weeks ago and will be getting together again the ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company with very little management foresight or direction

Management (Current Employee) Plainfield, IN

ProsDecent salary
    Bonus when awarded are good
    Benefits are average for car wash business
    Good starter company for first-time short-term
    employment

ConsJunior management resources from operations to area directors
    No management direction or assistance to employee's and little to no feedback given
    Employee's are expected to work in conditions with no opportunity to provide feedback
    Management and HR misleading in their expectations during hiring process
    Generally a hostile work environment tolerated by management

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress your employee's work environment and management review processes.

Apr 14, 2014

Thanks for the feedback. I would be curious to know the specifics on what we could've done to further clarify the job expectations for you during our hiring process. Our goal is to be transparent ... More

Horrible compensation for high expectations.

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Pros-Easy to get into management
    -Good benefits (401K, vision & dental, tuition reimbursment)
    -Stores are staffed with about 10-15 people which creates a great team oriented environment and you get to know everyone very well.

Cons-No work life balance. You work all weekend many weekends, and are expected to come in on a days notice if the weather is expected to be nice. You have shifts that end at 10pm followed by shifts that start at 5am the next morning.
    -Low pay for high expectations. You are expected to be able to fix any issues that may occur in the wash (bad motor, bearing, replacing pumps, fix electrical issues) with very limited training. While having these mechanical skills your also expected to have great people and leadership skills all for the range of $10-$15 an hour depending on what level of management you are. Pay ranges look okay when put it in terms of a yearly salary, but when you factor in your putting in 50+ hours a week the hourly rates are very low.
    -Promotions at higher up management positions have more to do with your personality than your performance. You really need to have a cheerleader type attitude to get these higher ranking positions.
    -Work outside all day which is good in the spring and fall, but when its below freezing and you can't come inside to warm up because its busy, or when its 90 degrees and your in a tie its rough.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company mission is "Become the service industry leader", if that is the goal you need to pay out service industry leading wages. You can't get top tier associates for $7/hour, and you don't get top tier managers for $10/hour; and if you do you don't keep them very long.

Apr 14, 2014

Thanks for the feedback. Our hope is that the every other weekend off rotation will address some of the work/life balance issues. We almost have 1/2 of all stores on the rotation.

Love working here.

Associate (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe environment is bubbly, always a good time. Customer base is one of the best. Managers are easy to get along with, and the frequent associate reviews are nice. Bonuses are plentiful.

ConsIf the location is short staffed, the hours get a little tiresome. Usually other locations help, though. Also, if you're a shy person, this is NOT the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo complaints.

It was okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork Environment, atmosphere, people, customers

ConsPoor schedule, low pay, demanding schedule

Advice to Senior Managementthey did good

Good Company

Location Manager (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsPeople you work with, growing company

ConsChemicals, Slow to take actions on change,

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to all employees and make changes

Great Job

Associate (Former Employee) Carmel, IN

ProsJob was fun, got a little repetitive over time, plenty of room to advance, and great management.

ConsPay and god is it easy to get fired there.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive non-high school employees a reason to stay there longer.

Happly place to work. Good people and good place to start a career.

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsPeople are the best part. Its a happy and positive environment and lots of teamwork. Good starting career and training

ConsSome downsides like anywhere. Most positions are entry level and it could be more difficult to get upper promotions. I think most people will work here for a while as a stepping stone to something else. Schedule and pay could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing for the most part.

Worked for Mikes Carwash? Contribute to the Community!