MileOne Automotive Reviews

CEO

1. Sales Associate

Current Employee - Car Salesman in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Car Salesman in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MileOne Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Always busy! - Challenging goals - Supportive management - Fun environment with contests

Cons

- Hours can be tough - Working in the snow

Advice to Management

Keep the environment positive and fun. I like coming to work everyday where there are people who are sales focused but know that you have to laugh sometimes too. There a lot that needs to be done to be the top performer and I step up to the plate, but the hours are long to be the best.

2. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at MileOne Automotive as an intern

Pros

Working in the marketing department at MileOne Automotive has been the best summer experience I've had in a while. Everyone who works there is extremely friendly and learning from them was the real-world experience I was looking for. They answered every question I had when working on a project and never seemed annoyed when I asked them. MileOne is a great place to work if you want to learn a wide range of marketing practices (i.e., advertising, social media, events, promotions, creative lab, etc.).

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but I some days didn't have any project to work on. You just have to be self-motivated and take initiative to learn more about the company, stay updated on what's happening in the auto industry, maybe refresh skills and study the software/programs used.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed that the easy-going atmosphere was also hardworking and driven, so I would suggest to keep that going and make sure that it doesn't get lost over time.

3. Don't work here

Former Employee - Junior Financial Analyst in Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Junior Financial Analyst in Towson, MD

Pros

Very few pro's, the company is highly disorganized, doesn't invest in employees and is completely revenue driven.

Cons

The CFO might as well be a CEO. The poor sense of direction permeates through the entire company structure and the employees are clearly unmotivated and uninterested in their work.

Advice to Management

Invest in employees, train employees, update antiquated software systems

5. Pay was decent but there are a lot of corporate hands in the pot

Former Employee - Used Car Manager in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Used Car Manager in Hampton, VA

I worked at MileOne Automotive full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great franchises . Not all General Managers were easy to work for

Cons

The hours are terrible. It's your job or your life. Be careful of backstabbing as it runs rabid throughout the entire corporation.

Advice to Management

Take the open hours back an hour so your sales and mgmt staff can enjoy time with their families. OPEN SUNDAYS

Some dealerships are a mess

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at MileOne Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

if you like cars, I mean live eat and breathe cars and high pressure sales then this is great.

Cons

inflexible scheduling, never get a Saturday off, high pressure sales, penalized for not reaching sales goal

Advice to Management

get organized and realize people have a life outside of their work.

Not recommended

Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at MileOne Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mercedes-Benz break down often and are expensive to maintain, so the small commission plan does work for the expensive services that are charged.

Cons

No training, horrible health plan, and miserable customers. Annual reviews never happen, turnover is complete - every position has a new person in it, and not thru promotion.

Advice to Management

No advice to Management, these folks will be with another Organization within a year anyway.

RSS Feed </> Embed